Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles Mastermind 1  (Read 1995 times)

BlueMeanie

Beatles Mastermind 1
« on: March 09, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »

Each week, for ten weeks, I'll be posting ten questions in ten separate categories, including pictures, video's, and soundclips. Some will be easy, and some pretty tough, so you'll need to get your thinking caps on.

Two points will be given for every correct answer, unless specified otherwise. For instance, in the case of a two part question, points will be awarded accordingly. Ten points will be awarded for 'The Big Finish' question. A further five points will be awarded to anyone who answers all questions correctly.

Please do not post your answers on the forum. PM them to me with the heading 'Mastermind 1', no later than 12 noon GMT on Sunday 23 March.

You may PM me any corrections to your answers as long as I receive them before the closing time of that particular round. Round 1 finishes next Sunday 23 March at 12 noon GMT. Just send the corrected answer(s) not the whole thing.

Any queries can be made on the other thread: Beatles Mastermind - Notes & Queries. http://www.dmbeatles.com/forums/b-games/m-1204850121/

So here we go with Round 1. Good luck.

Beginnings (2 points)
Who was the Beatles first manager?

Beatlemania (2 points)
What was the first song they sang in the USA?

The Studio Years (2 points)
Who is standing between Oliver Hardy, and HG Wells on the cover of Sgt Pepper?

And In The End (2 points)
After the drum solo in 'The End', in what order are The Beatles playing their guitar solo's?

At The Movies (2 points)
Which actor appeared in three Beatles films?

Quote Unquote (4 points)
Who said this, and about what?: "We've played many palaces, including Frisco's Cow Palace. But never this one before. It's a keen pad and I like the staff. Thought they'd be dukes and things but they were just fellas".

The Big Picture (2 points)
Which album cover is this detail taken from?

Name That Tune (4 points)
Below is a video of The Beatles. With no sound. 4 points if you can name it.
uENQdJbAk-0

Beat The Intro (4 points)
[sound]http://www.fileupyours.com/files/168353/Beat%20The%20Intro%201.mp3[/sound]

The Solo Years (6 points)
Billy Shears is the subject of 'With A Little Help From My Friends', on Sgt. Pepper. But which solo Beatle song does he also appear in? Name the Artist, the song, and the songwriter. Two points for each.

The Big Finish (10 points)
Who sent Paul and Linda McCartney a wedding present of a circular bed with a note attached saying "May all your stains be large ones"?

Page created in 0.344 seconds with 33 queries.