Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: CHOOSE LOVE download  (Read 3974 times)

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
CHOOSE LOVE download
« on: April 15, 2005, 04:33:34 AM »

If you go here http://umrkmedia.com/downloads.html, you can download, in reasonable quality, the tracks from Ringo's new album. Of course, come June, if you like the album, you'll buy a copy! :)

Just in case you haven't come across it, here's Beatlefan's run down on the tracks:

Here's a preview of Ringo Starr's "Choose Love" album from Tom Frangione

We were able to get an advance listen to Ringo's upcoming "Choose Love" album at the NJ Beatlefest. Here's a recap of the latest effort from Ringo and his current recording band, The Roundheads. Please note: as no recording information was available, the titles are unconfirmed. Overall, it's another strong effort, with producer Mark Hudson providing vocal arrangements tailor-made for Ringo. The album has a strong rockabilly / acoustic / folk flavor, with departures into ballads, blues and rockers.

01. Fading In / Fading Out: a strong rockabilly flavored opening number. Sets the tone for the record with the over-the-top beatle nod with "all we really need is love" backing vocals.

02. Give Me Back The Beat: nice wordplay for our drummer (back - beat, get it ?). A playful number with funky, biting guitar riffs. Lest anyone think this an All-Starr band outing, Ringo does some name-dropping (Gary, Mark, Steve), in a nice tribute to his current working band, the Roundheads.

03. Oh My Lord: this album's nod to George, it's a close cousin to "My Sweet Lord", not just in spiritual homage, but also featuring some tasty slide guitar.

04. Time After Time: slowing things down a bit after the three upbeat opening tunes, Ringo laments "am I a record that's been broken" (will younger listeners even know what that means?)

05. I Do: a return to the upbeat rock flavor that opened the album.

06. All The Time: slowing things down a bit again, this one's done in traditional country ballad style.

07. Don't Hang Up: perhaps the rockiest number on the disc, made even more infectious by incorporating additional female lead vocals.

08. Choose Love: easy to see why this was chosen as the title track. After the acoustic / rockabilly / folk flavor that opened the disc, the band continues it's rockier side with this solid number. Call it producer Mark Hudson's Beatle-trip, this one is just LOADED with nods to the past, as Ringo sings "gotta pay your dues if you want to sing the blues", and name-drops "The Long and Winding Road" and "Tomorrow Never Knows" and "What Goes On". It's message, nod to his Beatle past and OH YEAH great guitar playing would make for a GREAT single.

09. Just Me And You: a mid-tempo acoustic ballad, sung nicely by Ringo.

10. Satisfied: a return to the acoustic based form from earlier in the album.

11. Somewhere Out There: A bluesy flavored number, and a bit more stripped down arrangement than found on most of the album's tracks.

12. Free Drinks: A minor key dance flavored number, and a good time party number to close the album. Just a bit peculiar, given Ringo's openness about his past drinking. Good to see him let his guard down a bit. Ringo and the band are slated to do promotional appearances for "Choose Love", including the David Letterman Show, as well as one or more of the morning show concert series outings (either Good Morning America or the Today Show). In addition, there's some talk about possible NYC club dates (as previously done at The Bottom Line), perhaps at B.B. King's. I want to be there when the band is belting out the chorus of the closing number, "Free Drinks".

My own feeling is that Mark Hudson has now outlived his usefullness to Ringo by at least 1.5 albums of material. As soon as you hear the opening of Track 1, you'll say to yourself, "I've heard that before!".

Ah well, I suppose it's Ringo being Ringo ...

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
Re: CHOOSE LOVE download
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 04:54:09 AM »

Wow, thanks for this!

I shall take a listen....  ;D

~ missy

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 05:13:57 AM »

Great, but I think you should delete the link Dolly. You dont want to get D into trouble for posting official material

---powered by Moondogs®---

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 05:27:29 AM »

Quote from: Bruno
Great, but I think you should delete the link Dolly. You dont want to get D into trouble for posting official material

Get real, Bruno. Ringo's album is all over the net (as most 'name' albums are before release). Most folk regard it as a way to preview the album, to see if they like it. If they do, they buy it. And don't forget, it was previewed at Beatlefest. Lots of free advertising for our Ringo...

Of course, if you have moral objections, then don't dl it! But I wonder why you said "Great" at the start of your post. Muddled thinking?

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 07:52:18 AM »

He probably said great becaus eit was a good review.  I'm not gonna download it either, I'm gonna purchase my sopy and support Ringo

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 01:15:19 PM »

I'm waiting for the CD too, but I have no problem with people taking a sample listen.

Bruno

• A Thousand Pages
  • The choice is yours, don't be late
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2005, 02:47:58 PM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

Get real, Bruno. Ringo's album is all over the net (as most 'name' albums are before release). Most folk regard it as a way to preview the album, to see if they like it. If they do, they buy it. And don't forget, it was previewed at Beatlefest. Lots of free advertising for our Ringo...

Of course, if you have moral objections, then don't dl it! But I wonder why you said "Great" at the start of your post. Muddled thinking?

Just because the album leaked doesn't mean it's ok for everyone to dl it. There's a difference between posting links to boots and links with official material. This is illegal in case you wonder.
And don't worry about me, I WILL buy the album once it's released.