Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PAUL TICKETS ARE STARTING TO GO ON SALE!  (Read 6981 times)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
Re: PAUL TICKETS ARE STARTING TO GO ON SALE!
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2005, 10:22:11 PM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn
Aye, handsomely. But not $250! That's simply too much. It's too much because most of his audience would have to work many hours to end up with $250 after tax.

Here in Australia a couple of years ago, "best seats" were - if I remember correctly - around $AU400. (This was the tour that was cancelled "out of respect for the people killed in the Bali bombings" - in reality, Paul cancelled because sales were sluggish.) The 'average worker' would have to work for over ten hours to net $AU400 (he would of course have to earn more than that, to pay tax).

Paul has been asked in the past about the prices for his concerts. He has said he doesn't have any say in that, as it's worked out by the people who know these things. That reply is very patronizing on Paul's part: if he says it's too much, then he can give orders to reduce his profits/go for venues cheaper to hire/stay in less expensive hotels/etc etc.

Remember also, that a tour often promotes an album (and this is the case in the upcoming tour). Also, much merchandize is on sale at Macca concerts. They expect you to keep on unloading your wallet once you get to the concert!

i agree that the prices are ridiculous, ut peopl will pay them, because they love him.  Of course it would be noble of him to lower his end, but he's a commercial entity.  And I bet a lot of people think it's worth it.  Look at Tk's comments.  He says it kills him to have to pay that uch, but the shows still great.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2005, 12:03:54 AM »

Its worth it to me. If you look at the age group average as to who attends a Paul show, its not the teenage population. The majority of the crowd falls into the adult category and $250.00 isnt out of the realm of spending for them. In another words, most of the crowd is older and already established.

I would think $250.00 is an average for the big time shows (although I dont know who would fall into this group), but I paid the same for a good seat for Elton John a few years ago. I'll probably pay the same for the Stones this time around too. If your not comfortable with the prices, dont go.

Ydoll Gwyn

• Getting Better
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2005, 01:06:17 AM »

Quote from: tkitna
Its worth it to me. If you look at the age group average as to who attends a Paul show, its not the teenage population. The majority of the crowd falls into the adult category and $250.00 isnt out of the realm of spending for them. In another words, most of the crowd is older and already established.

I would think $250.00 is an average for the big time shows (although I dont know who would fall into this group), but I paid the same for a good seat for Elton John a few years ago. I'll probably pay the same for the Stones this time around too. If your not comfortable with the prices, dont go.

Yes, all that you say is true.

But still I ask: is it a fair, is it an honorable charge? Pretty clear to me the answer is 'no'.

Mushmouth

• Getting Better
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2005, 01:33:31 AM »

PAUL IS COMING TO MY TOWN YES!!
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we pass the audition.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2005, 01:47:46 AM »

Quote from: Ydoll_Gwyn

But still I ask: is it a fair, is it an honorable charge? Pretty clear to me the answer is 'no'.

I agree with you. I still blame it on the damn 'Eagles' with that 'Hell Freezes over' tour. Average ticket prices were about 30 dollars until they started asking for 75 and 100 dollar ticket prices. It was all downhill after that.

(I dont know this for sure but since I dont care for the Eagles,,,,it's their fault)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2005, 01:53:46 AM »

Well he could do what Pearl Jam does. Not tour. Didn't they have a whole thing with Ticketmaster? What was that about. And what does U2 charge? Since they seem to be all for their fans. Just wondering.

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2005, 11:35:49 PM »

anything else been updated or heard of, or just those dates in the Texas, LA, ontario and miami?

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2005, 12:49:53 AM »

Quote from: tkitna

I agree with you. I still blame it on the damn 'Eagles' with that 'Hell Freezes over' tour. Average ticket prices were about 30 dollars until they started asking for 75 and 100 dollar ticket prices. It was all downhill after that.

(I dont know this for sure but since I dont care for the Eagles,,,,it's their fault)

You're absolutely right. One artist/band commands X amount of ludicrous dollars and then it becomes a p*ssing match.

strawb3rryfi3ldsfor3ver

• Getting Better
  • What filthy ways are these?
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2005, 10:51:58 PM »

OMGWTFBBQ. AWESOME.

...I won't be able to have that kinda money, two hundred fifty a ticket, man. XD Guess not.
[face=Courier]Things they do look awful c-c-cold... yeah, I hope I die before I get old.[/face]

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2005, 12:40:52 AM »

GOD DAMN

He's coming to Toronto a month after I leave to go live in England. This is horrible.

I agree that tickets should NOT be that much, and I'd like to think that if it were me, I'd see to it that they weren't. Maybe it's not that simple. I don't know. Now I'm sad. :(

~ missy

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2005, 01:27:08 AM »

Why isn't he coming to Nova Scotia?! :'(
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2005, 02:29:16 AM »

My family is from Nova Scotia! Cape Breton Island is my favourite place in Canada.

~ missy

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2005, 02:43:34 AM »

OMG! That's where I'm from! (grin)
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

joan was quizzical

• Getting Better
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2005, 04:34:43 AM »

"How's she goin', by? My fadder is from the pier, dear!"

Haha, sorry. My whole family's from Cape Breton. Sydney, New Waterford....

Yup. We're related. ;D

~ missy  

SieLiebtDich

• A Thousand Pages
  • ("\(#^_^)/")
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2005, 04:30:52 AM »

I wonder if his coming to California....

Mushmouth

• Getting Better
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2005, 06:12:19 AM »

Yup, LA and most likely Bay Area
I'd like to say thank you on behalf of the group and ourselves, and I hope we pass the audition.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 70 queries.