Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Jude Law To Play Brian Epstein  (Read 7367 times)

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Jude Law To Play Brian Epstein
« on: June 24, 2004, 05:37:54 AM »

Has anyone else heard about this? He bought Epsteins journals and wants to do a movie about his life.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: Jude Law To Play Brian Epstein
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 05:59:52 AM »

Hey Jude,,,,,,,will do a good job.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 06:07:24 AM »

Yeah, he's a good actor. Among other things.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 06:13:58 AM »

I dont know,,,if he starts making out with other guys in the movie, i'll probably pass.

Rowdy

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 08:23:28 AM »

I don't see why people see Brian Epstein to be a real interesting character and all....but it could make for an entertaining film I guess.

"Only people know just how to talk to people. Only people know just how to change the world."

ringorama

• A Beginning
  • Control yourself, you'll spurt
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 04:52:38 PM »

I would see it if it came out, Jude's a good actor. Dono if he reminds me anything of Brian though. Well, now that I look at the pictures he does a bit.

broady

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 05:57:37 AM »

They do look similar... I would definitely see it!!

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2004, 04:32:38 AM »

i loooove jude law :K)
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 05:21:28 AM »

[quote by=sexy_sadie link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1088055474,s=7 date=1089520358]i loooove jude law :K)[/quote]

I'd watch Jude in just about anything. He's way hot.

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2004, 05:38:17 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1088055474,s=8 date=1089523288]

I'd watch Jude in just about anything. He's way hot. [/quote]

omg i know! have u seen cold mountain? i definitely don't like war movies, and that one was really disgusting & graphic, i mean ugh. i didn't really like the story of the movie either...but jude was in it so it was worth my time ;D :K)
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2004, 05:41:11 AM »

The only reason I saw it was because he was in it! Otherwise I couldn't stand watching it. He looked good up until they had him wear a beard. Didn't like his face being covered. Now that I think of it, I've seen some pretty bad movies because of him. AI comes to mind.

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2004, 05:44:39 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1088055474,s=10 date=1089524471]The only reason I saw it was because he was in it! Otherwise I couldn't stand watching it. He looked good up until they had him wear a beard. Didn't like his face being covered. Now that I think of it, I've seen some pretty bad movies because of him. AI comes to mind.[/quote]

i wasn't into the beard either. but i really loved that movie 4 him! nicole kidman is so lucky she got to be w/ him in that...geez, i'd do anything! lol yeah he has been in some bad ones but he's excused, right?  :D
Ashley*

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2004, 05:50:42 AM »

Nicole Kidman gets to be in movies with all the cutest guys. Lucky girl. I wonder if Jude played Epstein he'd have to look all frumpy and stuff. Not that that's even possible.

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2004, 05:58:44 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1088055474,s=12 date=1089525042]Nicole Kidman gets to be in movies with all the cutest guys. Lucky girl. I wonder if Jude played Epstein he'd have to look all frumpy and stuff. Not that that's even possible. [/quote]

ohh god...i bet if the man rolled around in mud and shaved off one eyebrow he'd still look stunning. ok, maybe i'm stretching it a bit, but u know what i mean.  ;)
Ashley*

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2004, 06:03:04 AM »

[quote by=sexy_sadie link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1088055474,s=13 date=1089525524]

ohh god...i bet if the man rolled around in mud and shaved off one eyebrow he'd still look stunning. ok, maybe i'm stretching it a bit, but u know what i mean.

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2004, 06:19:14 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1088055474,s=14 date=1089525784]

Maybe not! In Road to Perdition the gave him gross yellow rotting teeth a receding hairline and pastey skin and he STILL looked hot! The director said it was very hard trying to make him look ugly. But he tried![/quote]

LOL oh wow, i haven't seen that one! i bet he looks good though ;D do u have any idea when this brian epstein one is coming out? is it gonna be a tv movie or theater?
Ashley*

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2004, 06:22:57 AM »

Jude just bought Epsteins old diarys and wants to make the movie. I don't think he's even started. He has his own production company though with some other actors (Ewan McGregor another hottie) so I'm sure he'll get it done. At least I hope so!

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2004, 06:29:46 AM »

awesomeeee. very cool -- i can't wait!  :P
Ashley*

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 12:38:43 AM »

Some info:
Brian Epstein Biopic: iC Liverpool talked with Jude Law briefly about his role as legendary Beatles manager Brian Epstein in an upcoming project. The actor recently purchased some of Epstein's journals from auction and will use them to help his performance: "They run from when he was 15 until he was 27, with sketches and odd little notes - very funny. He was quite a personality". Law is about to head to Italy for the other part of his preparation - "eating pasta and drinking Guinness" in order to put on weight to play the part. Law has been delaying the project for a while now until he "felt old enough" for the part, and isn't expected to appear at this year's Oscars. Both Paul McCartney & Ringo Starr are apparently pleased with the idea of the project.

And a different article:

As soon as he has the chance, Law plans to make a film of the life of the former Beatles manager Brian Epstein, which he has co-written and will produce and star in for Natural Nylon. He has spent five years researching it, and bought Epstein's diaries when they came up for auction last year. "They run from when he was 15 until he was 27, with sketches and odd little notes - very funny. He was quite a personality."

Portraying the homosexual Epstein will necessitate some changes to his slender build. "I've got to put on a bit of weight to play Brian so I'll go off to Italy for a couple months and eat pasta and drink Guinness," he says. He seems positively elated at the thought.

Jude, Sadie and Ewan-Natural Nylon Founders

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 11:02:26 AM »

Jude Law will not be playing Brian Epstein, although he did express his wish some years ago that he'd like to portray Brian in a movie.
There is a film to be made about Brian, it's directed by a Continental director and the contact is info@fifthbeatlemovie.com. However, Jude Law won't be in it as I believe it is a low budget production. I contacted Jude Law's office a couple of years ago and talked to his secretary and also sent a letter asking for permission to have a look at Brian's diaries, but this was denied. It's sad when someone buys material which has such intrinsic value and the material is then unavailable for people to study.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.401 seconds with 82 queries.