Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Live And Let Die  (Read 8246 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Live And Let Die
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 02:07:36 AM »

James Bond movies are for boys. I figured that out when I was about 8. I had been to the theater to see something and came home and asked my daddy if he would take me to see "Black Beauty" the next weekend. He said sure but when it started it was "Diamonds are Forever". We stayed long enough for me to see some person get sent into a crematorium alive and James Bond rip some girl's bikini top off, saying "Isn't there something you want to get off your chest?" Mom was surprised that he didn't notice the marquee going in and he said he didn't but he did wonder why there weren't any other little kids. LOL

Diamonds Are Forever (1971) was Sean Connery's last appearance as James Bond.  He actually quit after You Only Live Twice (1967) and George Lazenby played Bond in On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969) but they got him back to do one more film.

That was James Bond being sent alive into the crematorium...

James Bond - Cremation Scene, Diamonds are Forever.

Cool scene!  And the line was "There's something I'd like you to get off your chest."

Diamonds Are Forever bikini choke scene

That's how to deal with a murderer's cohort.  Amongst others, Blofeld killed James Bond's wife on the day of their wedding.

But Bond could be gentle, and quite polite, when he wanted to be...

sean connery and jill st john

This movie was a field day for learning new slang!    ;D
I can stay till it's time to go
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 02:25:01 AM »

It's probably my favourite Bond theme next to "Nobody Does It Better" which I know is a Carole Bayer Sager composition but I still love it.

And sung by Carly Simon...

"The Spy Who Loved Me" Opening Credit Sequence

Magnificent song!

nimrod

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 03:05:29 AM »

I'm not laughing at you, KE.  I would never do that.  I'm just musing on the thought that James Bond movies appeal to boys mainly.  I read all the Ian Fleming novels as a kid.  I remember seeing a Bond movie in the theater and for the next two weeks I would walk through school hallways like this...

If asked what I was doing, I'd reply that I was avoiding SMERSH agents.  It's a wonder that I was never sent to the looney bin!   ;D

and I was avoiding THRUSH agents  ha2ha

Danger Man was a favourite of mine and its follow up The Prisoner, Ive been to 'The Village' in Wales, the whole thing was a brilliant concept written by Patrick.

As for Bond Ive never cared for those movie's since  Sean Connery quit, I havent liked any of the others at all, lousy actors imo the lot of them, Roger Moore being particularly bad, I dont know why - they just never grabbed me like Connery did. Even though the early ones seem very dated now.
Heres a clip from my favourite spy movie, which imo is a complete classic. No fast cars, sexy blondes or explosions, or tongue in cheek humour....just 1st rate script, storyline and acting, you can watch the whole movie on youtube.

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:11:30 AM by nimrod »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 03:24:56 AM »

and I was avoiding THRUSH agents  ha2ha

You were as crazy as me, mate!

As for Bond Ive never cared for those movie's since  Sean Connery quit, I havent liked any of the others at all, lousy actors imo the lot of them, Roger Moore being particularly bad, I dont know why - they just never grabbed me like Connery did. Even though the early ones seem very dated now.

Sean Connery was indeed the best Bond.  The first Bond film, Dr. No, was controversial.  The producers asked that Bond's dark ruthless persona be toned down in the films that followed...

... and you've had your six...

Heres a clip from my favourite spy movie, which imo is a complete classic. No fast cars, sexy blondes or explosions, or tongue in cheek humour....just 1st rate script, storyline and acting, you can watch the whole movie on youtube.

The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

A true portrayal of the life of a secret agent.  I love that film too.

nimrod

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 03:33:59 AM »

Also love Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy but the recent movie wasnt as good as the 1979 BBC tv series starring Alec Guiness

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy Part 7

I hear they are making Smiley's People  ;yes
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 03:41:04 AM by nimrod »

KelMar

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2014, 04:10:36 PM »

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2014, 04:38:39 AM »

Still for boys.

Right!  You didn't find in girls in the theater when they showed James Bond movies.  They were all in front of the TV watching Dr. Kildare or Peyton Place or some other such similar crappy show.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2014, 04:47:33 AM »

50 great james bond quotes (sean connery)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2014, 05:02:41 AM »

My name is Bond, James Bond...

My name is Bond, James Bond
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.368 seconds with 56 queries.