Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yesterday  (Read 6128 times)

Mrs.Nicholson

• Getting Better
  • Jack Nicholson~Gorgous actor~pure sexiness
    • Deranged89
Yesterday
« on: October 01, 2004, 01:26:08 AM »

Yesterday always makes me cry.(cry3)(cry2)
Jack is a taurus
I am a cancer
These two star signs are a match made in heaven
Jack and I are ment for each other

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Yesterday
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2004, 01:27:57 AM »

I can't listen to that song anymore. It's boring. I know it's good and all, but I've just heard it one too many times over the years!

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2004, 06:22:21 AM »

I have gotten a beer at a Macca concert during this song.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2004, 07:53:38 AM »

[quote by=tkitna link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1096593968,s=2 date=1096611741]I have gotten a beer at a Macca concert during this song.[/quote]

LOL!

That track never did much for me either, I used to skip to Dizzy Miss Lizzy - but I really enjoy playing it on the piano for some reason! Weird huh!

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

I never appreciated it that much. I very much prefer Paul's "I've just seen a face". To me it's much better.
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 05:13:42 PM »

yesterday is classic....still gives me the sad feeling after decades of hearing it, it' s like saying i'm tired of the Beatles, because i've heard it too much.    i love this song
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

Lostio

• Getting Better
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2004, 06:52:15 PM »

This song is just amazing. I love it. Used to be my favorite Beatles song, until I started listening to other ones...

But, God, I love this song. It's so sad and so brilliantly made.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2004, 07:49:45 PM »

Actually, Yesterday is the only song in the world that can make me cry. I don't cry at at sad movies, or songs, anything like that... but Yesterday has a really powerful effect over me. Interesting huh?
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

sexy sadie

• Getting Better
  • once there was a way to get back home...
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004, 09:54:03 PM »

that's such a pretty song, it does have a sad effect on me too
Ashley*

one sweet dream, pick up the bags and get in the limousine. soon we'll be away from here. step on the gas and wipe that tear away. one sweet dream came true today...

[img]http://img122.exs.cx/img122/8264/jsj21oc.jpg[/img

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2004, 02:41:28 AM »

It simply amazes me how a young man with everything...money, youth, wealth, fame...at the peak of his powers writes such a melonchaly and perfectly phrased 'older' person's mindset.  It was no accident this song turned millions of adults on to him.  Not because of the violins but because of the maturity and basic simplicity of what he is singing.

A masterpiece if he had written it now, even more stunning that he wrote it then.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 06:14:00 AM »

Charlie, you have such a way of putting things that makes me see them in a new light!! I have a new appreciation for that song now! :D

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 06:31:23 AM »

[quote by=Maccalvr link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1096593968,s=10 date=1096697640]Charlie, you have such a way of putting things that makes me see them in a new light!! I have a new appreciation for that song now! :D[/quote]

Thank you, it's just what I think of (other than the obvious sadness and brilliance of the song itself).

If I ever learned to spell melancholy I might actually make it to be a writer someday. :)

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 02:57:55 PM »

This songs a little dull but every once in a while it really gets to me.  Sometimes it feels like the most powerful song I've ever heard, others it feels like backround noise.  I think it's hard for me to fully appreciate it fully because I wasn't there when this young superstar prtoduced this mesmerizing ballad, it just gets grouped with his others when looked back on 40 years later.  A terrific song though.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2004, 03:03:47 AM »

it has  perfect songwriting and perfect voice and perfect guitar, it is a perfect soft song,

Paul McCartney :)

apple sauce

• Getting Better
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 01:46:50 AM »

It actually sounds like a "folk" song. I believe Paul wrote it with an old girlfriend in mind and told her to watch the Telly that he was going to sing her something the night the Beatles were on one of the British music shows!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2004, 03:17:42 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1096593968,s=9 date=1096684888]It simply amazes me how a young man with everything...money, youth, wealth, fame...at the peak of his powers writes such a melonchaly and perfectly phrased 'older' person's mindset.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

jeanie

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2004, 07:57:25 PM »

[quote by=An_Apple_Beatle link=Blah.pl?b=songs,m=1096593968,s=15 date=1098415062]

So very, very well said. Superb observation. I must add that the strings evoke so much too. Very Beatle. Am I right in thinking it was the first track they used strings on?[/quote]

Yep, your right!! It was also the first song that they used other musicians on, other than the boys and George Martin!

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 07:59:10 PM »

and Paul's first Solo Song

sange

• A Beginning
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2004, 01:03:06 PM »

I am glad to find I am not the only one who finds it boring, and here I was thinking I must not be a real Beatles fan!  In terms of music appreciation, yes, it is wonderfullly written, has a beautiful melody and is sung very well by Paul. I just can't enjoy all that!  Maybe because I have been listening to it since I was five and for a five year old it is ruddy boring!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2004, 02:35:33 PM »

As a senior in high school, there have been times that I have said something wrong and longed for the yesterday! Once word gets out about anything in high school, it travels at lightning speed.  So I guess even at my age, this song is very great to have around and to listen to if you're feeling down.

On a brighter note, a good portion of my marching band loves this song.  If we're singing songs on a bus on the way to or from a competition/game, the minute they see me they'll sing Yesterday and Let It Be.  :)
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 93 queries.