Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

Bob Dylan!

(1/131) > >>

McLennon:
what do people think of Bob?

I think he's great!! love his songs and lyrics! I have booked tickets to go see him in April this year! which will be great!!

and whats your favorite dylan lyrics??

I like him saying something like "some the people can be part right all of the time, all the people can be part right some of the time but all the people can't be all right, all of the time"

also "theres no sucess like failure and failures no sucess at all"! :D

Mairi:
I worship teh Dylan, as most people on here know. :)

As for favorite lines, one that sticks out at me right now is a line from "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream":

--- Quote ---The man says, "Get out of here
I'll tear you limb from limb"
I said, "You know, they refused Jesus, too"
He said, "You're not Him!"
--- End quote ---

That one always makes me laugh every time I hear it.

McLennon:
haha thats a great song! I love the end saying "he said his name was Colubus and I just said "good luck"!

Kevin:
I can't remember the songs name (Desolation Row?) but the Dylan line " somethings happening here but you don't know what it is, do you, Mr Jones?" is brilliant. Sums up what was  going on perfectly. Genius.
It's on songs like this that I think his sneering vocal and "I don't give a sh*t" harmonica  all meld so well. When everyone else was seeking musical perfection he was content to sound like some punk bashing out songs on a street corner. (and some will see that as good and some as bad. For me it's good.)

:

--- Quote from: 544 ---what do people think of Bob?

I think he's great!! love his songs and lyrics! I have booked tickets to go see him in April this year! which will be great!!

and whats your favorite dylan lyrics??

I like him saying something like "some the people can be part right all of the time, all the people can be part right some of the time but all the people can't be all right, all of the time"

also "theres no sucess like failure and failures no sucess at all"! :D
--- End quote ---

No when you see him live, it will not be great, he sucks live.

Anyway his music is amazing, and i agree with mairi that some of his best lyrics are in that song, especially at the end. The song is about dylan who goes and discovers america and explores it with some shipmates, and finds everyone there's crazy, and they all get thrown in jail. Bob escapes and tries to find numerous ways of getting the others out of jail too. At at the end:
" But the funniest thing was as i was leaving the bay, i saw 3 ships sailing, they were all heading my way. I asked the captain what his name was and why he didn't drive a truck. He said his name was Columbous, i just said good luck."

Love that song. Chimes of freedom i also think has some of his best lyrics. His music can take you through all drifferent scenes and feelings!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version