Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Let It Be or Let It Be Naked?  (Read 7227 times)

Wonderwall

• A Beginning
Re: Let It Be or Let It Be Naked?
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2004, 08:04:44 AM »

For me its a coin toss because I like some cuts on the original than I do on the stripped version. I do like the fact that LIBN has Don't Let Me Down on it but I think adding the 1 track and then mixing up the original tracklist was pointless really because it was virtually the same songs from the same album. They really should have used the original mix by Glyn Johns because it has a radicllay different tracklist and still had the stripped sound. This mix has Save The Last Dance For Me and Teddy Boy with some chatter between songs it almost sounds like a live album. I do love the new version of the song Let It Be it's great. Two Of Us was also great. I wish they would have went for a ealier version of Get Back (song) to me the new version is just cleaner sounding. Oh well..

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2004, 12:46:35 PM »

For me, I lean toward NAKED but a lot depends on individual songs..

Regarding Long and Winding Road, I tend to enjoy the string arrangement better -- but you have to consider that this is the version I've lived with for 34 years! It doesn't sound the same without those strings. Having said that, I also enjoy the NAKED version too. They're both different and enjoyable.

As for Let it Be I like the version on the original LIB album the best, hands down. The guitar solo is great. I agree with Frighty on all he said about this one. Never liked the single version (PAST MASTERS 2) as much.

I'm most happy about Don't Let Me Down being included on NAKED at last -- and I love the version they used.

I've Got a Feeling is my favorite track on NAKED -- I think it's much more rockin' and I prefer it to the original version.

Get Back sounds better and clearer on NAKED, and I actually could hear more of Paul's intonations and slang on the words ("for some Californiaor grass"). But I miss the ending with the "passed audition" and - even better - the single version with the climax and fadeout.

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2004, 12:55:56 PM »

I agree with Joe Karlosi, that Ive got a Feeling steals the show on Naked.
I think the whole purpose on Let it Be Naked was to show the public what was meant to be..but sadly wasnt..all those years ago.
I like the simplicity of songs like The Long and Winding road, and feel Spectors input was too much like a Walt Disney production.
 The Fake-Live feeling is brought across better than before, and the packaging has been done to a good standard.

The original Let it be* had the feeling of Death....the end..the dissolving of a great band. Naked has totaly changed this direction, and shone light on an album that was tagged with the *the Dream is Over.

Oh, One after 909..what a great song..with the rustic  - Rag  n Bone feeling.
The Rooftop performance...truly amazing.
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Olly

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2004, 11:29:06 PM »

NAKED!!
although I did prefer the song "let it be" on the original
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.285 seconds with 43 queries.