Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Mersey Beat  (Read 26888 times)

Bobber

Re: Mersey Beat
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2010, 07:03:12 AM »

Where's Bicky gone? ha2ha
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2010, 10:12:45 AM »

Tony sent me an e-mail:
Bill I'm sorry my book offended you..But you know what Ghost writers and sub editors are like .TThere are several errors included in it.The first time I ever saw a finished M/S was at a signing in the U.S. However people seem to like the overall product..I don't think there will be another reprint though.. Hope all is well with you and Virginia ? Lovely weather ain't it?

Bobber

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2010, 10:24:01 AM »

Nice. A pity that people seems to like th overall product?

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »

I'm organising numerous events in Liverpool to tie in with the John Lennon Liverpool Season, including a film season and a lecture series. The lecture series will take place in November at the rate of one a week. The film season is likely to take place at the Odeon in Liverpool One. I've talked to Roag Best and something will take place at the Casbah. I also invited Tony Bramwell to give a lecture and he's accepted. I've also discussed it with Stan Parkes, John's cousin. There is an upcoming Astrid Kirchherr exhibition taking place in Liverpool in a few months, which will still be on during the season.

Ligger

• A Beginning
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2010, 12:55:42 PM »

Astrid's coming to Liverpool in four months:

http://alumni.liv.ac.uk/NetCommunity/Page.aspx?pid=926

"...an exclusive evening with Astrid in the Victoria Gallery & Museum where she will hold a talk and introduce her exhibition which will contain about 100 photographs ranging from the Beatles in Hamburg in 1960, Astrid’s home and family as well as images of Liverpool, there will then follow a drinks reception."

Thanks for the heads up, Bill.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:02:30 PM by Ligger »

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2010, 03:33:25 PM »

Had a long chat with Roag. Pete only does a single gig per year and is already set for 28 August. As a result Roag has suggested that the Casbah recreates the Quarrymen debut at the club on 17 December. They will find a group who can perform and re-create that appearance, together with a support band. The support band that night was Gene Day & the Django Beats. Gene Day later changed his name to Earl Preston and I have asked him to come along that night and chat to the audience about the original historic event.

blackbird_

• A Beginning
  • I'm feelin' low, so get me high.
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »

I really wish I lived in Liverpool right now, that evening with Astrid sounds amazing.

I'd love to turn you on.

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2010, 01:29:46 PM »

Receiving good tributes from John's friends and associates for the John Lennon Liverpool Season. Will probably include them in a special John Lennon issue of Mersey Beat in October. Also working on a book to be published in september - John Lennon's Liverpool

Xose

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2010, 05:18:19 PM »

Receiving good tributes from John's friends and associates for the John Lennon Liverpool Season. Will probably include them in a special John Lennon issue of Mersey Beat in October. Also working on a book to be published in september - John Lennon's Liverpool

Sounds amazing. Good work!! ;)

Xosé

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2010, 10:54:36 AM »

I wrote several tweets this morning, the first time for about three weeks. Still working hard on both the John Lennon Liverpool Season and London Sixties week, in addition to two books on John Lennon and planning a john Lennon issue of Mersey Beat for October.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Page created in 0.257 seconds with 51 queries.