Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Suspected Problems With My White Album  (Read 1253 times)

bobreynolds

Suspected Problems With My White Album
« on: June 21, 2005, 04:09:42 AM »

I bought the White Album on amazon.com about a week ago, and when I got my order I noticed a few things wrong. I got the 30th anniversary edition, instead of the regular edition. I also noticed what I can only describe as "warping" on the backs of the two CD's I had ordered, as if they had been partially melted. I noticed a clicking noise, like a metronome, during "Blackbird", and I don't know whether that is normal. "Revolution 9" is just a strange series of weird noises, not a song.

Are any of the problems I've mentioned above serious, or am I just being paranoid? Should I return my 30th anniversary edition in exchange for the original version?

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: Suspected Problems With My White Album
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 04:17:51 AM »

Besides the warping, everything else sounds about right. I mean the metronome on Blackbird and Revolution 9 not being a real song! Series of strange noises. Yeah, that would explain it. No reason to be paranoid about that!

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 08:35:46 AM »

Quote from: bobreynolds
. "Revolution 9" is just a strange series of weird noises, not a song.

Ha ha. An excellent review.
don't follow leaders

Lostio

• Getting Better
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 06:10:49 PM »

The metronome is the most memorable part of Blackbird.
And Revolution # 9 is definately just a set of weird sounds, with the words "Number nine" being repeated through out  the song...

That warping thing you mention might be the only thing wrong with the album...

bobreynolds

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 06:49:39 PM »

Thanks for your help.

Should I get the original version instead of the 30th anniversary edition, or does it not make much difference?

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 07:08:13 PM »

whats warping?

bobreynolds

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 08:49:27 PM »

If you look closely at the reflective side of a CD, you can usually see little lines, or a duller area, radiating out from the center. On my CD's, this is present, although there are some strange whorls and smudges. It doesn't seem to affect the quality of the songs. Like I said, its hard to explain.

My biggest dilema right now is whether to get the regular edition instead of the 30th anniversary edition. What difference does it make?

lennonlemon

• A Thousand Pages
  • I Believe in Beatles
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 09:29:18 PM »

Quote from: lennonlegend
whats warping?

I am not sure what context it is used in, but warping is basically a twist, bend, or distortion in shape.
All You Need is Love  :K) :K) :K)

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 10:54:40 AM »

Ok help me out here,I bought all my cds of the rack in the late 80s,someone above mentioned the 30th anniversary edition White Album,is it just in the packaging,or is the sound any better,I would hate to think I have to revamp my collection.

I bought the 8 disc DVD of the Anthology,and the snippets,and full songs on those are encoded with 5.1 surround,and even if I am mistaken and they are not,they still sound incredible,a lot better than the cds.

Any input would be helpfull here,The Beatles made people like me get a cd player in the 80,and I'm afraid they will make me buy them all again if some other format,like 5.1 surround pops up,I'll get em,I'm a sick fan.

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 57 queries.