Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Tommy Moore  (Read 32670 times)

andaludia

• One And One Is Two
Tommy Moore
« on: December 19, 2004, 04:49:16 PM »

Hey why no mention of Tommy Moore. Tommy played in the band for a while and was regarded by George as the best drummer they ever had. Tommy was a friend of my fathers and i knew him well,he was like an uncle to me and such a nice bloke. sadly Tommy passed away in September 1981.

do any members know or wish to post about Tommy??thanks Tony.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
Re: Tommy Moore
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 09:23:47 PM »

yes tommy moore was there.
he was older than the other three.he was 25 when he joined.he was a docks worker.that drove a fork lift i recall.
wasn't his girl friend always on him to quit because he made no money playing with the guys???he was also unreliable they said.often late to shows if he even showed.
i am not trying to degrade him just relate what my conception of him is.its probally biased.it comes only from what i have read.you have shone a new light on tommy.please carry on.....

andaludia

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 12:12:23 PM »

I am no Beatles expert,i like the music and being from their home town the interests are all around.I also Once lived in Arnold Grove and if any off you have ever visited Liverpool and took a photo of George`s old house then you would have stood outside my old house to take it.i also once had a flat in Faulkner street next to where John and Cynthia first lived together. i know a few people who work on the Beatles tours in Liverpool and would be happy to answer anyone`s Questions about places in Liverpool,just PM me or write in the general boards and i will try to answer.but remember i am no expert.

Right now Tommy Moore. Well Tommy worked in Standards bottle works in garston and he did drive a forklift.(my father worked with him there)he had a flat in Smithdown Lane with his girlfriend.Tommy said she suffered depression and was violent on occasions and would tell The Beatles to F#*' off if ever they met.He said himself He could not always turn up at gigs due to the arguments. He was not bitter that he left the band and was a big fan.he took me to my first Beatle convention and would tell me stories about the lads.Tommy later married another girl and had a daughter called Claire.he divorced and lived in the Belle Vale area of liverpool.This is when i got to know him better and he really was a great guy.sadly he died in 1981 and only 11 people came to his funeral.i thought this was very sad.Bob wooler was there and spoke highly of Tommy.

Tommy was only with the Beatles a short time,but he did what most of us have dreamed off.i have read a lot off books and he is not mentioned much and this is why i wanted to put him up on your forum.He played the drums for a while with The Beatles and i believe he deserves a mention for that.so thanks for letting me write about my old friend Tommy on your forum.

Feel free to ask any questions..Thanks again Tony.

dr.robert

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 04:20:51 PM »

I've often wondered what's become of some the people that were present during the Beatles early years. I'm sorry to find out that tommy  passed away.   Your knowing him and  being so close gives us Beatle fans a more personal insight into Tommys life.

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 11:11:50 AM »

great tony.....sorry about that bone-head.
do you have any photos that you can post of mr. tommy?if so share if not a little more praise is ok too.
you cleared up my wrong information.thank you.and for this reason i believe forums work.

andaludia

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 08:10:45 PM »

sorry i have no photo`s..if anyone knows anything about Tommy`s days in the band please post it.

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 02:36:44 PM »

Tommy Moore joined them on the tour to Scotland, backing up Billy Fury. Tommy and Stu were often treated badly by John Lennon's mean remarks. I think one day during the tour the van they were travelling in almost crashed and Tommy got a suitcase in his eye, which turned totally black. John had to laugh about that all that time he looked at him. I think that's another reason why Tommy left. John was bugging him all the time.

Bobber

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2005, 07:44:46 AM »

Quote from: Bobber
Tommy Moore joined them on the tour to Scotland, backing up Billy Fury.

Correction: they backed up Johnny Gentle

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005, 12:17:42 PM »

Hi Andaludia - welcome to the Forum!!! I tidied up this thread - hope that's OK :)

That was a really great story about Tommy - thank you so much for sharing. And PLEASE feel free to tell us anything you like about Liverpool and the places asscociated with the Beatles - it's nice to have a real life Liverpudlian here!!

Cheers

AL ;D

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005, 11:51:51 PM »

thats been almost ayear ago al.......

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005, 03:50:36 PM »

DOH!!

Who's digging up these old posts?! ;D LOL!!

Bobber

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 04:50:49 PM »

Quote from: The_End
DOH!!

Who's digging up these old posts?! ;D LOL!!

I am! I saw a guest browsing on this thread and I thought it might be interesting. It is, isn't it? But I'm pretty sure Andaludia will take your welcome seriously.  ;D

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 12:46:24 AM »

Quote from: Bobber

I am! I saw a guest browsing on this thread and I thought it might be interesting. It is, isn't it?

Oh yeah absolutely - good find Bobber :)

I certainly missed it the first time round - maybe because it was Christmas or something! :)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 10:36:17 AM »

with age comes the...........the.........oh dang i forgot!!!!!

Bobber

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 12:19:04 PM »

Wisdom, pc, wisdom.

Bobber

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 11:49:54 AM »

Heeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeee's Johnny. With George in the background on their tour in Scotland. Johnny even adopted the Beatles shoes.

Bobber

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 10:59:29 AM »

Tommy:

Bill Harry

• Special Member
  • Getting Better
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 11:25:51 PM »

Appreciated Andaludias information. Here is what I have written about Tommy:

MOORE, TOMMY. A Liverpool drummer, he played with the Silver Beatles in 1960. The group had been performing without a drummer as the Quarry Men, but began changing their name and felt they needed someone in the drum seat. After Brian Casser had said that the name the Beatals was no good, they changed it to the Silver Beetles (also Silver Beatles) and, on Casser

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »

and so we know at long last the end of moore...thanks bill we were wondering about this for quite sometime.....they were quite drummerless very often i heard...

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 04:00:41 AM »

Thanks, Bill!

Quote from: 1062
Parnes didn
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 75 queries.