Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Lucy In The Sky...  (Read 34655 times)

Bobber

Re: Lucy In The Sky...
« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »

Now things are getting interesting:

Julian Lennon starts 'theRevolution' with new single 'Lucy'
Published November 25, 2009 12:11 PM
By Suzanne Kayian / LiveDaily Contributor

Julian Lennon and digital pioneers Michael Birch and Todd Meagher have launched a full-service, artist-focused, music-services company that they are calling theRevolution, according to a press release.

The mission of the new company is to "turn the music business into the musician's business," by offering artists a funding vehicle that will allow control and ownership of the creative output. The company also has been designed to help artists build their fan bases and their brands.

Through its subsidiary the Artists Alliance and its affiliates, theRevolution will provide artists an "a la carte menu" of integrated services, including product design, business/legal representation, manufacturing and retail/direct distribution, online transactional management, tour/event logistics, sponsor outreach, marketing, promotions, branding and music publishing/licensing.

The company will release its first single, "Lucy," Dec. 15 on a four-track EP of the same name. A portion of the proceeds from the song, which was co-written by Lennon and singer/songwriter James Scott Cook, will be donated to two Lupus charities: the St. Thomas' Lupus Trust and the Lupus Foundation of America.

The song, Lennon's first single in close to a decade, was recorded in honor of Lennon's late childhood friend Lucy Vodden and Cook's 92-year-old frandmother, Lucy; both women suffered from the autoimmune disease.

The "Lucy" EP will feature a fold-out copy of Julian Lennon's childhood watercolor drawing of Vodden, which inspired John Lennon to write "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds." There will be two versions of the song on the EP: a studio track and an acoustic version. It also will feature Lennon's song "Beautiful," which will appear on his "Everything Changes" album, to be released in 2010, and Cook's song "Sober," which will be featured on his eponymous album next year.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
Julian Lennon explains the story of Lucy
« Reply #181 on: December 15, 2009, 03:52:32 PM »

Great stuff  :)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIO5Qebk3dI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIO5Qebk3dI</a>

sewi

• Getting Better
  • Life is short
« Reply #182 on: December 15, 2009, 05:57:44 PM »

The "Lucy" EP will feature a fold-out copy of Julian Lennon's childhood watercolor drawing of Vodden, which inspired John Lennon to write "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."

Ehem, has anybody already see it? ;-)

I have found this:

http://www.amazon.com/Lucy-Julian-Lennon-James-Scott/dp/B002X9W5FO

Which your opinion now people, uh? UH???
Heheheh,it is a good present for my birthday! :-)

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 06:27:40 PM by sewi »
And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make

Bobber

« Reply #183 on: December 15, 2009, 07:06:30 PM »

At least we dare to have an opinion, which is by far to be preferred than laughing and pointing fingers afterwards. I guess Julian was told later that this was the painting. As a four year old he can not have remembered what the painting looked like. Should he be a member here he'd realised that it simply can't be it.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:50:57 PM by Bobber »

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #184 on: December 17, 2009, 11:59:03 AM »

At least we dare to have an opinion, which is by far to be preferred than laughing and pointing fingers afterwards. I guess Julian was told later that this was the painting. As a four year old he can not have remembered what the painting looked like. Should he be a member here he'd realised that it simply can't be it.
The thing that amazes me about this is that it is so obviously not the picture of legend. Do people not look? An amazing instance of people simply believing what they're told, regardless of the evidence before them.
don't follow leaders

Bobber

« Reply #185 on: December 17, 2009, 12:20:05 PM »

They're all sheep.

Bobber

« Reply #186 on: November 02, 2010, 07:54:46 AM »

Further proof for my statement. This was posted on the excellent beatlesphotoblog. It is a drawing by Julian Lennon, dated September 1968. So, he's 5 years and 5 months here. If you look at this picture, you will understand that the allegedly picture for Lucy can not be made two years earlier. There's two years between the picture that was allegedly the inspiration for Lucy In The Sky and this one. This is indeed the picture of a five year old kid. The Lucy picture is not even made by a five year old, let alone by a three year old.

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2011, 12:04:39 PM »

am i crazy or could these two have been by the same artist? ages 11 and 26 respectively

« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:09:24 PM by nyfan(41) »

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2011, 01:08:11 PM »

. .  :o

Ahme

« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »

It looks to me more like something a paranoid 26 yearold on acid would paint.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2011, 06:03:45 PM »

beautiful song, i like the country western feel to it.
 ;yes
day tripper yeah

liverpool-lad

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »

Its sad that Lucy has passed, i new her and she was very brave to the end. i still work with her husband Ross. all thing must pass.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #192 on: March 22, 2011, 02:53:18 PM »

Its sad that Lucy has passed, i new her and she was very brave to the end. i still work with her husband Ross. all thing must pass.

I'm sorry you lost somebody close to you. Thanks for posting that. Sad.

liverpool-lad

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #193 on: March 22, 2011, 02:59:14 PM »

/\
thank you.

7 of 13

• Getting Better
« Reply #194 on: April 08, 2011, 06:48:18 PM »

i wonder what the other side of the coin looks like.  ;D
day tripper yeah
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 1.293 seconds with 73 queries.