Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Pro Tools vent  (Read 3499 times)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Pro Tools vent
« on: January 25, 2014, 11:16:41 AM »

I have to vent on Pro Tools

I'm used to the time consuming and finicky process of upgrading from one version of Pro Tools to another. Mainly re installing third party plug ins etc. But recently I upgraded to PT 11. I did this as I'd had to upgrade my Mac software to the new OS. I already had the PT 11 upgrade from when I'd bought a new Mbox around a year ago. So I didn't think much of installing yet another upgrade.

Well. If there's ever an example of why you read all the documentation. It seems PT 11 uses a different plug in format. So all my third party plug ins weren't recognised. Some I could get free upgrades for. But most needed to buy new versions as these companies had decided not to upgrade older versions and just release  new versions compatible with PT 11. Which of course have to be paid for. And worst of all, my favourite sampler, Sample Tank 2, hasn't even released a new version compatible with PT 11. So anything I've done using that plug in, which is most things, won't work til IK Multimedia get around to releasing Sample Tank 3.

Anyway, I've no doubt brought most of these issues on myself. Doesn't mean I can't have a whinge though. Makes me feel better.

nimrod

Re: Pro Tools vent
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 12:06:14 PM »

Hell Moog, I know your talking about PC based recording software but all that stuff is way beyond me, Ive no idea how it all works.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 10:06:19 PM »

It's probably beyond me too. At least the technical workings. I'm just a user.

It was nice to put my frustration in writing somewhere though. If I'd written this on a PT site the geeks would have jumped on me and said, "but if you dump the RTAS files from the library, recache the foofer valve and turn your computer upside down and stroke its belly, it would have been fine. How couldn't you like know this??!"

nimrod

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 10:12:39 PM »

It's probably beyond me too. At least the technical workings. I'm just a user.

It was nice to put my frustration in writing somewhere though. If I'd written this on a PT site the geeks would have jumped on me and said, "but if you dump the RTAS files from the library, recache the foofer valve and turn your computer upside down and stroke its belly, it would have been fine. How couldn't you like know this??!"

would they have called you 'dude' as well

btw my pc is already upside down isn't it Bazza :D

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:01:56 PM »

would they have called you 'dude' as well

Oh yeah. Definitely a few dudes would have been thrown.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 01:04:36 AM »

btw my pc is already upside down isn't it Bazza :D

Right, along with everything else down there, Kev.  Doesn't the blood rush to your head?
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 01:26:17 AM »

I have to vent on Pro Tools

I'm used to the time consuming and finicky process of upgrading from one version of Pro Tools to another. Mainly re installing third party plug ins etc. But recently I upgraded to PT 11. I did this as I'd had to upgrade my Mac software to the new OS. I already had the PT 11 upgrade from when I'd bought a new Mbox around a year ago. So I didn't think much of installing yet another upgrade.

Well. If there's ever an example of why you read all the documentation. It seems PT 11 uses a different plug in format. So all my third party plug ins weren't recognised. Some I could get free upgrades for. But most needed to buy new versions as these companies had decided not to upgrade older versions and just release  new versions compatible with PT 11. Which of course have to be paid for. And worst of all, my favourite sampler, Sample Tank 2, hasn't even released a new version compatible with PT 11. So anything I've done using that plug in, which is most things, won't work til IK Multimedia get around to releasing Sample Tank 3.

Anyway, I've no doubt brought most of these issues on myself. Doesn't mean I can't have a whinge though. Makes me feel better.

I haven't the foggiest idea of what you're talking about, Moog.  But if ranting makes you feel better, then you found a good place to do it.   ;D
I can stay till it's time to go

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 04:21:12 AM »

I haven't the foggiest idea of what you're talking about, Moog.  But if ranting makes you feel better, then you found a good place to do it.   ;D

It does. It's been most carthartic.

Page created in 0.606 seconds with 51 queries.