Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: First a closeted Republican, now a bulimic!  (Read 3084 times)

stevejrogers

• A Beginning
First a closeted Republican, now a bulimic!
« on: March 07, 2012, 03:18:27 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2110783/John-Lennon-bulimic-suffered-food-fetishes-obsessions-claims-new-bio.html

Not all that surprising when you consider his final years.  I forget who tells this story, I believe a Rolling Stone reporter, or someone in the media during those years, but a story is told in LennonYC about John having a secret stash of chocolate bars in the studio while making Double Fantasy.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: First a closeted Republican, now a bulimic!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »

This is sad and not at all surprising. Based on what we know of John from books and interviews etc he very much fits the personality 'type' of an individual with an eating disorder. He was very conscious of his weight (remember when he talked about going through a "fat Elvis" period in the mid-sixties?), there was that period when he and Yoko went on that weird diet, and he looks soooo thin in photos from 77-78. Not that being skinny is proof of an eating disorder, because you don't have to have an ED to be skinny and you don't have to be skinny to have an ED.

EDs are commoner in men than you might think, it's just that men are even more reluctant than women to come forward as there's a social stigma about them. I believe Elton John has admitted to suffering from an ED in the past.

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages
Yoko Ono and May Pang insist: John Lennon did not have bulimia
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 02:53:24 AM »

Examiner
March 8, 2012
Yoko Ono and May Pang insist: John Lennon did not have bulimia

March 9, 2012 – The two women closest to John Lennon are speaking out against claims that the former Beatle suffered with bulimia. A new book entitled Backstage Pass VIP by Debra Sharon Davis claims that John Lennon suffered from crippling eating disorders, specifically bulimia.

http://www.examiner.com/john-lennon-in-national/yoko-ono-and-may-pang-insist-john-lennon-did-not-have-bulimia?CID=examiner_alerts_article
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »

Not that being skinny is proof of an eating disorder, because you don't have to have an ED to be skinny and you don't have to be skinny to have an ED.

Well said!  :) 

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 05:39:56 AM »

After his "fat Elvis" period in 1965, John began to lose weight. Check out pictures from the '66 tour, during "How I Won The War", Sgt. Pepper's, Rishikesh, and so forth. Yep, he did the macrobiolic diet thing with Yoko. But the photo session shortly before his death, which show a naked John with a clothed Yoko, make him appear unusually thin.

Bulimic? Maybe, maybe not.

But Yoko would do well to publish John's "secret" diet plan because it's not easy for anyone to maintain their target weight for so many years.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

Page created in 0.498 seconds with 49 queries.