Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Did Aunt Mimi harm John's emotional development?  (Read 3975 times)

DaveRam

• A Thousand Pages
Re: Did Aunt Mimi harm John's emotional development?
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 09:13:20 AM »

I think John had some of Mimi's characteristic's , he certainly had her steely resolve at the begining of The Beatles .
When i look at the early film of him i see a man very much incharge of his destiny .
But somewhere along the way he lost his "Mimi Focus" , maybe due to the lazy influence that drugs give you .
 All that navel-gazing that came latter may have been cathectic for a while , but to make a career out of it is a waste of time and talent .
A good kick up the backside from Mimi is what he needed latter on .
Give me Lennon with balls anyday , the neuterd version i did'nt care much for  (thumbsdown)

Beatlemania31

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 04:59:59 AM »

In Cynthia's book John she says how absolutley awful she was toward her, always hating her for taking away John. I don't like that about her, but I think she was good for raising and loving him.

lockyfan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2010, 01:18:00 PM »

A good kick up the backside from Mimi is what he needed latter on .
Give me Lennon with balls anyday , the neuterd version i did'nt care much for  (thumbsdown)

I agree!

I think he was emotionally done over with the whole thing of his parent bailing on him.

If the story is true the one about him having to choose between his parents at aged 5 only to be dumped back with his aunt, that would destroy anyone emotionally.

Thus the reason for the lyrics in Working Class Hero.

I think he kept those scars forever.

I
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 41 queries.