Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Student, needs 'Help!' from Beatles fans  (Read 834 times)

YoshiPloeger

• One And One Is Two
Student, needs 'Help!' from Beatles fans
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:13:50 AM »

Hi there,

My name is Yoshi Ploeger, 23 years of age, currently living in Bournemouth (UK) but originally I am from the Netherlands. I am certainly a Beatles fan, owning more than a handful of Beatles records (CD and Vinyl) and my all time favorite song must be ‘Come Together’.

However I did not sign up to this message board just out of fandom. Currently I am working on my postgraduate dissertation. This research is about the experiences of people who have visited a musical heritage attraction (for example: Graceland or in case of the Beatles John Lennon’s childhood home or the Cavern Club). Therefore I would like to ask the members of this forum if there is anybody here who want to help me with my research.

What help? You might ask. Well. I am looking for about 6 people who have visited a musical heritage site, most ideally in the past two years. These people I would like to interview (one on one) about this experience. This will not be your average interview with a lot of questions. I will allow you to tell a story (narrative) about the experience(s) you had while visiting a musical heritage site and will only interrupt if something needs clarifying or if you go off-topic a bit too much. Once all interviews are conducted I will examine all data to see if there are similarities (themes) in your experiences, so I can perhaps can construct one narrative of an average experience of a tourist visiting a musical heritage site.

Recognizing that such experience can be very personal and sometimes even emotional you (the participant) will not be called by name in the actual report. Any other relevant data will be ‘falsified’ as well. The actual recordings of the interviews and the transcriptions will be saved in two secure places, 1. A password protected file on my computer (which is also password protected) and 2. A back-up will be saved in one of the most secure web-mail services on the internet (www.hushmail.com).

If you are willing to help me or have further questions then you can reply in this topic, send me a PM on this website or send an e-mail to yoshiploeger@gmail.com

Kind regards,

Yoshi Ploeger

P.S. I hope this the appropriate place in the forum to post this message, if not I apologize.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

YoshiPloeger

• One And One Is Two
Re: Student, needs 'Help!' from Beatles fans
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 10:23:40 AM »

;sorry bumping this to the top..... very important for me..

Bobber

Re: Student, needs 'Help!' from Beatles fans
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 07:18:41 AM »

What you can do is a search on this board for various places and see if you can get in touch with the posters who've been there.

Bobber

YoshiPloeger

• One And One Is Two

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 43 queries.