Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: 1990 Paul press conference photo  (Read 3257 times)

1990 Paul press conference photo
« on: September 06, 2004, 05:11:30 AM »

When I went to the Paul press conference in 1990 during his Flowers In The Dirt support tour, the photogs took pictures outside the tent we were in.  We were told there would be no pictures allowed in the tent which sucked.  After the conference Paul left and I suddenly realized two things: 1.) I can take a picture now, so I did.  Of the empty podium.  Thrillsville.  At least one can see how close I sat to Macca, since I shot it from my seat.  And 2.), I realized I wanted that poster behind the podium.  So I took it, and it is still on the wall.  (BTW it looked like a clearance sale with reporters rifling the place for souveniers as I was).  Anyway, for those who may be interested, this is the empty conference tent.

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
Re: 1990 Paul press conference photo
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 06:41:51 AM »

How'd he look? And did you get to ask him a question?? Lucky!

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 06:49:12 AM »

I spent a weekend trying to come up with THE perfect question.  I asked other Beatle fans.  I wanted something he didn't usually get asked, something that showed I possessed a deep knowledge of his work and life, something illuminating, yet funny and human.

Bollocks.  I couldn't come up with a single one.  SO i just sat, drank the free Heinekins and watched him work it.  It was fun.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 12:48:38 PM »

Very cool Chuck. I'm envious of the poster though.

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 03:53:29 PM »

It's been in my daughter's room for over a decade (she was a big Paul fan since she was 4...she's almost 22 now).  It's just a cheap promo poster (it has all of his albums thumbnailed on the bottom, even the Columbia ones which must have reverted back to Capitol).  On that styroform board stuff.  A little string.  Looks cool but is really pretty insubstantial.

I should have grabbed Macca instead. :)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 06:36:07 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1094447490,s=4 date=1094486009]
I should have grabbed Macca instead. :)[/quote]

That's what I would have done, except, I was very young at the time so I wouldn't have known what to do with him.

I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 09:01:04 PM »

[quote by=Mairi link=Blah.pl?b=mccartney,m=1094447490,s=5 date=1094495767]

That's what I would have done, except, I was very young at the time so I wouldn't have known what to do with him.

[/quote]

Neither would I!!!!!!!!!

;D

luvsthebeatles

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 01:33:04 AM »

Charlie, you're lucky! Did you get to talk to him at all?

Oh and... did you just grab the poster and run? :p
I've just seen a face I can't forget the time or place where we just met...

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 04:25:20 AM »

Everyone was grabbing stuff off the walls as we shuffled out.  In my haste to get the poster, I failed to realize that Paul had STOPPED and was in fact signing autographs and shaking hands!

ARG!

I rushed towards where he was but he was hustled out by his guys before I could even get close.  ARGGGH!

Yeah, lucky.  ::)

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 04:27:36 AM »

Uh, btw: No, I didn't talk to him.  I had nothing in my head to ask or say.  I did however bask in his close presence and just...groove.

It was funny.  I expected this religious experience waiting for his arrival.  PAUL McCARTNEY!
When he sauntered in with that crooked grin it was ok, it was just Paul.  Y'know?  After 4 decades of absorbing his image and music and life he is as familiar to me as my mother.  So it was about as religious as seeing my mother.  LOL

It was great, don't get me wrong.  I was in awe.  But not in the same way I thought I would be.e

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 59 queries.