Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ringo Starr in Jerry Lee Lewis's new album  (Read 2926 times)

LennonStarrFan

• A Beginning
Ringo Starr in Jerry Lee Lewis's new album
« on: July 16, 2010, 04:38:36 PM »

Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Kid Rock & More To Join Jerry Lee Lewis On New Album
Posted by Mitch Michaels on 07.16.2010

The Killer returns to country music with an all-star guest list...

74-year-old Jerry Lee Lewis has put together a new album, Mean Old Man, which has a country vibe and tons of guest stars. Three Rolling Stones, Merle Haggard, Eric Clapton and Ringo Starr all appear, as well as others.

Keith Richards plays guitar on the Stones' own "Sweet Virginia" while Mick Jagger sings on "Dead Flowers." Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood plays on "Mean Old Man," written for the new album by Kris Kristofferson.

Eric Clapton and James Burton play guitar on "You Can Have Her", while Ringo Starr and John Mayer appear on "Roll Over Beethoven".

Country legends are represented too, as Merle Haggard stops by for "Swinging Doors" and Willie Nelson helps out on his own hit "Whiskey River". Kid Rock and Slash collaborate for "Rockin' My Life Away."

The CD is due out September 7th.

Source: http://www.411mania.com/music/news/145765/Rolling-Stones,-Eric-Clapton,-Kid-Rock-&-More-To-Join-Jerry-Lee-Lewis-On-New-Album.htm

"John was the best. I loved John. He was fine singer, a fine musician and he was a fine friend." -Ringo
β€œHe's (Ringo) every bloody bit as warm, unassuming, funny, and kind as he seems. He was quite simply the heart of the Beatles.” – John

Joost

• That Means a Lot
Re: Ringo Starr in Jerry Lee Lewis's new album
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 05:51:13 PM »

Almost the same guests as on his previous album. Haggard, Clapton, Jagger, Wood, Richards, Nelson, Kristofferson, Kid Rock and Ringo all starred on 'Last Man Standing'.

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »

To be quite honest I wasn't even aware that Jerry Lee Lewis was still alive. I feel like a bad classic rock fan.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 10:21:54 PM »

I saw Jerry Lee Lewis live in 2007 and 2008 and had mixed feelings both times. His piano playing is not nearly as good as it used to be and he definately looks, sounds and moves like a man of his age (he's 75). But somehow, by the way he talks, sings and smiles, you can tell he's still the same old devil he used to be. And he still knows how to make any song sound like it was written specifically for him.

Page created in 0.21 seconds with 44 queries.