Solo forums > Ringo Starr

What was Ringo's best drumming

(1/19) > >>

nimrod:
on a Beatle song ?

Im going for Rain (but Im no expert)  ;)

tkitna:
I Feel Fine. I've said it a million times, but i've yet to see anybody ever play it correctly. He adds these trills to the toms and ride cymbal off and on throughout the song thats just brutal. Without adding those, anybody can play it, but it wont be right. Its the little things.

She Said She Said is a rough one too.

Rain gets more credit than it deserves in my opinion. Ringo said it was his best song, so everybody tends to agree with him without truly looking at why. It was one of the first Beatle songs that I ever learned properly and nots hard at all.

AppleScruffy96:
I'm no expert either but I've always loved She Said She Said, Rain and I Feel Fine as well. I tend to listen to the drumming a bit more on those songs.  ;yes

glass onion:

--- Quote from: tkitna on May 23, 2011, 12:33:51 PM ---I Feel Fine. I've said it a million times, but i've yet to see anybody ever play it correctly. He adds these trills to the toms and ride cymbal off and on throughout the song thats just brutal. Without adding those, anybody can play it, but it wont be right. Its the little things.

She Said She Said is a rough one too.

Rain gets more credit than it deserves in my opinion. Ringo said it was his best song, so everybody tends to agree with him without truly looking at why. It was one of the first Beatle songs that I ever learned properly and nots hard at all.

--- End quote ---
rain was recorded a lot quicker than it's release though,the drumming track was slowed down,this is why ringo likes it so much probably.i agree with 'i feel fine' and 'she said,she said'.i would also add 'old brown shoe',and 'act naturally'.there are more.....

Hello Goodbye:

--- Quote from: nimrod on May 23, 2011, 12:04:05 PM ---Im going for Rain

--- End quote ---

I agree.  And he played the entire piece...in his mind.

The Beatles Rain (2009 Stereo Remaster) (Original Promotional Video)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version