Solo forums > Ringo Starr

What was Ringo's best drumming

<< < (18/19) > >>

blmeanie:

--- Quote from: glass onion on January 26, 2015, 10:09:05 AM --- also I'm only 5 foot 6 tall so I make a good Ringo once I have the wig and suit on. ;D

--- End quote ---

Pictures!

glass onion:
will gladly post some pics up as soon as we have some done!! ;)

tkitna:

--- Quote from: glass onion on January 26, 2015, 10:09:05 AM ---Hello again everyone.it's been a while.......thought I'd catch up again and see what was going on here!!!since I last posted I've become a dad again to a little son and heir (James-named after Paul,obvously)and also,I have joined a Beatles tribute band here in the UK,bought myself a 1967 a Ludwig super classic just like Ringos',so life is good!!!

--- End quote ---

Good to hear from you again GO.  Congratulations on fatherhood.  Also congrats on the Beatle tribute band.  Post up some vids when they are available.

KelMar:
Nice to meet you Glass Onion! Congratulations on the new little one and your new band. Both sound like fun.

glass onion:
thank you,In My Life,and nice to meet you,too.The tribute band is something I have looked at getting into for a good few years now,I have kind of been 'sniffing' around Beatles bands for quite a while,so when the opportunity came along to audition,I just got my chops as tight as possible,and went for it.I was told by the lads in the band that I was the best Ringo who auditioned 'by quite a margin',which was really nice to know,and it kind of gives you that much more confidence.I have done 2 gigs with the band so far;both have gone very well with no hiccups.It is also very,very nice to get dressed as a Beatle,there are the 4 of us there,and like Paul says,when you are all dressed the same,you really are a band.We do the black suits,the Shea Stadium jackets,the black turtle neck sweaters,and sometime this year hopefully we are looking into Sgt.Pepper costumes.The other big thing for me as well......the audience is switched on from the very first chord.I have played in bands for the best part of 25 years now (I'm 40),and it's the first time I have ever had an audience specifically come to see 'my band' play.It is a really good feeling,and they love the Ringo singalong stuff!!Magic!!God Bless Ringo Starr,he's given me a leg up in life here.Just pretend to be Ringo and you'll be ok!!! ;yes ;D ;D ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version