Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 204

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 339370 times)

KelMar

Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #2560 on: August 21, 2015, 03:01:22 AM »

Kelley, that was at the Rally For Nuclear Disarmament on The Great Lawn in Central Park on June 12, 1982.  Almost a million people were at the rally.  I was in the OR just several hundred yards away.  I got to see some of the concert from the roof of the medical center when I was through.

That's neat Barry! Did you see Linda?

The weather report says rain tomorrow...
Let it rain!

I told it to go to NJ when it was done here.  ;) It made a big difference. The stars are out and it's much more comfortable now.

Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2561 on: August 21, 2015, 03:11:57 AM »

I was too far away to tell who was on stage, Kelley.  I was stuck at the hospital until the next day when everyone had left.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #2562 on: August 21, 2015, 03:16:00 AM »

Wow; that's a brutal schedule. At least you got to step outside!

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2563 on: September 04, 2015, 10:46:43 PM »

Our last long weekend of the summer and thankfully another hot humid weekend, cause god knows it's only gonna start getting cold before we know it.  icon_cool

Hoping to get a canoe ride in this month as I haven't touched it all summer!  :o
Beatles music gives me Eargasms

KelMar

« Reply #2564 on: September 05, 2015, 12:12:16 AM »

I'm thankful for many things but humidity is not one of them. In fact I've been cursing it all week long.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2565 on: September 05, 2015, 04:15:13 AM »

I was away in Connecticut for awhile.  I missed another heat wave in New Jersey...

http://youtu.be/ccjSC_19dP8

Enough of that.  On to the good stuff!

http://youtu.be/oYnBNbcU9i4

Alright, right on, yeah!

KelMar

« Reply #2566 on: September 05, 2015, 04:34:21 AM »

^^^
I knew you were gonna do that! But isn't it still pretty hot there in Jersey? It's not getting below the 80's here until Thursday, with a high of 87 on Labor Day. I'm not gonna maaake it!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2567 on: September 05, 2015, 04:44:47 AM »

It wasn't too hot here today, Kelley.  I'm goin' up the country for the Labor Day Weekend.  It'll be cooler there than here.

http://youtu.be/nBhpiUFSYWI

;D

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2568 on: September 05, 2015, 05:25:04 PM »

It's been disgustingly humid here, too, so I can sympathize with you, Kelley, Bingo, et al. Dewpoint of 71 yesterday. UGH

Let it rain!

http://youtu.be/y86kDFaJ2h4

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2569 on: September 05, 2015, 09:08:08 PM »

Yep, still hotter than Hell here!  8)

KelMar

« Reply #2570 on: September 05, 2015, 09:25:34 PM »

It's been disgustingly humid here, too, so I can sympathize with you, Kelley, Bingo, et al. Dewpoint of 71 yesterday. UGH

That's a perfect way to describe it! And Let it Rain is a perfect solution. I even went out and worked in the yard earlier, thinking it was going to rain later but nothing! I've never seen so many bugs flying everywhere. Grotty!

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2571 on: September 05, 2015, 11:20:48 PM »

Perfect Day! 80- low humidity. Not a cloud in sight. Rest of the week is supposed to be the same! Yay!
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2572 on: September 06, 2015, 02:19:27 PM »

Still prefer +30 over -30 any day!!!!!!! icon_cool

KelMar

« Reply #2573 on: September 06, 2015, 05:28:00 PM »

Perfect Day! 80- low humidity. Not a cloud in sight. Rest of the week is supposed to be the same! Yay!

How come you get to have low humidity? I want low humidity! ;) Well, anyway, I'm happy for furry GretaBear . My dogs are miserable. I didn't even have to send the girl Lab out of the kitchen when I loaded the dishwasher last night. She didn't want to move from under the ceiling fan!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2574 on: September 07, 2015, 08:16:04 PM »

Still prefer +30 over -30 any day!!!!!!! icon_cool

I keep telling myself that I am NOT allowed to complain about the weather this summer because I was so grouchy about last winter's cold. After a string of days with 100+ temps (and that awful humidity), it's been difficult not to b-itch.    :-[

Bingo Bongo

• Getting Better
« Reply #2575 on: September 07, 2015, 08:24:32 PM »

Exactly!  ;D

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2576 on: September 07, 2015, 09:26:31 PM »

How come you get to have low humidity? I want low humidity! ;) Well, anyway, I'm happy for furry GretaBear . My dogs are miserable. I didn't even have to send the girl Lab out of the kitchen when I loaded the dishwasher last night. She didn't want to move from under the ceiling fan!
I'm not sure why we don't have much humidity. Last week was awful. Soaked to the bone all the time but this weekend has been great!
I haven't watched the news for a long time. I just look at the sunshines on the computer and take what I get!

Oh! By the way, our leaves are starting to turn!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:29:29 PM by Dcazz »
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #2577 on: September 07, 2015, 09:35:43 PM »

I keep telling myself that I am NOT allowed to complain about the weather this summer because I was so grouchy about last winter's cold. After a string of days with 100+ temps (and that awful humidity), it's been difficult not to b-itch.    :-[

If you feel moved to complain go right ahead! 100+ is complaint-worthy! The last two winters were definitely hard on everyone and I pray that this one will be better.  Complaining about one extreme is not an endorsement of the other though! A happy medium would be lovely! Safety issues aside, for me the winter weather is actually better. When I go out in the extreme cold it makes me wheeze but I can cover my face and when I go inside it's fine. Right now the humidity and the high pollen count is getting me and there's nowhere to hide from it. Of course my opinion of winter is helped by the fact I'm not the one who shovels! (And I don't live in NoDak!) I just wish the heat worked in my van.  ha2ha
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 09:44:50 PM by In My Life »

KelMar

« Reply #2578 on: September 07, 2015, 09:47:54 PM »

I'm not sure why we don't have much humidity. Last week was awful. Soaked to the bone all the time but this weekend has been great!
I haven't watched the news for a long time. I just look at the sunshines on the computer and take what I get!

I wish we were making a trip to New England this fall. When we are able to take a vacation that's usually what we do. You live in a beautiful part of the country Dave; enjoy!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2579 on: September 07, 2015, 11:10:55 PM »

I am jealous! My father and his wife are in central New York right now, but next week they sail out of Boston for one of those Fall Colors cruises. The trees here in NoDak turn, but we don't get the brilliant colors that your area gets, Dave. Enjoy!

Right now the humidity and the high pollen count is getting me and there's nowhere to hide from it.

I can completely sympathize, Kelley; the pollen and thus allergies have been terrible here, too. My ex and I have been trying to find an OTC remedy for my older daughter before the ACT this Saturday. Claritin does not help her; neither does Allegra. Benadryl's out because she'll probably fall asleep during the test! We're trying Zyrtec this week, and if that doesn't help I might see if she can get some kind of prescription. Poor thing, she's been miserably sneezy (and stuffy).
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 204

Page created in 0.937 seconds with 78 queries.