Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: LENNON LEGEND - DVD  (Read 1037 times)

Buttmunker

• Getting Better
LENNON LEGEND - DVD
« on: October 24, 2007, 01:48:46 AM »

I think it is really special to watch these videos, which contain a lot of "private moments" between John, Yoko, and Sean.  They show us home movies of Sean's birthday party, of swimming in the pool and at the beach, or just being a family together.  Imagine how special it is to have them share those moments with the world.  It really is humbling.  And priceless.

That said, I heard from other forums that Yoko Ono modified history by putting in different videos on this collection than what was originally offered.  People seem to be in big stink about the "Happy X-Mas" video.  Myself, I never saw the original video for that song, so what I saw on this DVD didn't make me angry or upset.  It made me sad, because the video I did see was very depressing.  I later heard that the original video for that song was sooo much better.

And she also changed a couple more that I can't remember at the moment.  I think (Just Like) Starting Over was changed, as well, but since I also never saw the original offering, I wasn't left feeling slighted.  In fact, the video contained in this collection for "Starting Over" is quite interesting.  I can't imagine what the original video was like.

And let me just say one more thing.  I went and bought Lennon Legend for just one reason only.  I wanted to own the video for "Imagine, which I do[/b] remember, and felt real tense not knowing what was going to be contained in this collection.  You know how Yoko loves to "surprise" people.  To my delight, the original extended video was there!  The whole John and Yoko walking through the fog, on their way to their huge house with the stark white interior, with Yoko opening the windows to allow sunlight into the living space.  John on piano, singing to us.  Then, at the end of the video, John stops playing the piano and looks at Yoko for a few seconds in an awkward silence.  John breaks that awkwardness with a cute smirk, then he and Yoko kiss.  That's just beautiful.

wingsman

• Getting Better
  • There is always a reason to live
Re: LENNON LEGEND - DVD
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 01:24:41 PM »

I suppose this is the original video for Starting Over. But I don't know.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ2AoEwDvY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ2AoEwDvY</a>
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't eat trash... I work out hard everyday and have a healthy life. And I'm proud of it.

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 01:30:11 PM »

Quote from: 713
I suppose this is the original video for Starting Over. But I don't know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ2AoEwDvY

I think that's the one. Mind you, I never liked the song much, so I've never paid too much attention to the video.

I hate the way Yoko fiddles about, changing stuff. She often defends herself by saying that 'John never liked this', or 'John always wanted it that way'. Of course, we'll never know, so she can basically get away with anything.

JimmyMcCullochFan

• A Thousand Pages
  • Wino Junko
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 03:15:22 AM »

a thing that grinds my gears about Yoko is how back in 2002, she threw a hissy fit about Paul changing the song writing credits on the Beatle songs he performed on the tour to McCartney-Lennon.  Back in '76 he did the same thing and John was still alive and he didn't give a crap about Paul changing the song writing credits. Give it a rest Yoko ::)

BlueMeanie

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 01:32:28 PM »

Quote from: 682
a thing that grinds my gears about Yoko is how back in 2002, she threw a hissy fit about Paul changing the song writing credits on the Beatle songs he performed on the tour to McCartney-Lennon.  Back in '76 he did the same thing and John was still alive and he didn't give a crap about Paul changing the song writing credits. Give it a rest Yoko ::)

Personally, I don't see why he couldn't have just left well alone. What did he think she was going to say? 'Oh sure, my old buddy Paul, do anything you like. I don't care much for John's reputation anyway'! I can see why he would have wanted it, but if it's grated on him for years he should remember that it was a joint decision to put 'Lennon/McCartney to all their songs, in the first place. It's a bit late to start changing things now. We all know he wrote 'Yesterday' for Christs' sake.

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 48 queries.