Other music forums > Various Artists, Lyrics, Discographies

The Beach Boys

<< < (10/10)

Mushmouth:
I depise how many people compare The Beach Boys to The Beatles.

It's no contest. Back in the U.S.S.R.

Joost:

--- Quote from: Mushmouth ---I depise how many people compare The Beach Boys to The Beatles.

--- End quote ---

Maybe it's hard to understand the comparison if you only know the early & simple "Surfin' USA" kind of material that the Beach Boys made (which I just assume you do), but I think that albums like "Pet sounds", "Friends", "Today!", "Sunflower" and the "Smile" bootleg can compete with The Beatles' best work.

Lenny Pane:
well there is only a blue Rizla paper between the 2 bands IMO !

In Blue Hawaii:

--- Quote from: Mushmouth ---I depise how many people compare The Beach Boys to The Beatles.

--- End quote ---

Well, there isn't a lot of Beatles/Beach Boys comparisons on this board. In fact all the topics regarding the Beach Boys feature discussions between myself, Biscuit Power. An Apple Beatle, Lenny Pane and others discussing everything from favorite songs, bass playing, Pet Sounds, Brian's genius, Brian's past and everything in between so discussions about Beatles/BB  just happens because some of us are fans of both bands.

I'll grant you that on occasion some of us (including myself) might be a bit passionate in our defense of Brian and the Beach Boys because a lot of us want to break that image of "the surfing doris days"...

Later..

In Blue Hawaii:

--- Quote from: Mr_Kite ---well there is only a blue Rizla paper between the 2 bands IMO !
--- End quote ---

:) The reason for the comparison between both bands is again in the mid 60s both The Beach Boys and The Beatles were in heavy competition with each other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version