Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Are These Books Worth Getting?  (Read 9761 times)

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
Re: Are These Books Worth Getting?
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 05:46:04 PM »

Well researched??? The thing is: if you're not even able to get the simplest of facts straight, how can I trust the rest to be the truth? The thing is we don't know whether things really happened as Spitz described them, so we both don't know whether it is well researched, do we? I'm basing my opinion on the fact that there's numerous errors in the book that ARE researchable by us as well. I don't trust the author to have done his work better on the more in depth details.
You make good points. But Paul McCartney praised this book...I thought the detail was excellent and the minor mistakes he made were foolish and I don't understand that...Did you read the book?

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 05:49:19 PM »

Also, Spitz's mistakes were of the 64 concert rather than 65 variety...He also made the mistake on Julian or Sean, which he definitely knew who was who, but had the names mixed up...He needed a bit better editing, but I would still highly recommend this book and I'd bet most would as well.

Bobber

« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »

Also, Spitz's mistakes were of the 64 concert rather than 65 variety...He also made the mistake on Julian or Sean, which he definitely knew who was who, but had the names mixed up...He needed a bit better editing, but I would still highly recommend this book and I'd bet most would as well.

It seems there's a complete website devoted to his errors. And I'm not joking.

Nada Surf

• A Beginning
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2012, 04:57:18 PM »

It seems there's a complete website devoted to his errors. And I'm not joking.
I realize you're not joking, Bobber..and I was surprised there were so many...but they were pretty much minor mistakes which tells me either Spitz was rushed at the end, or he didn't know many of the inner details of the group that most hardcore fans do...
For instance, you and I know the 64-65-66 American concerts inside and out...Spitz may not have..
On the other hand, the guy spent years interviewing people in Liverpool, many of which had not been interviewed, like Dot Rhone, for instance.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.242 seconds with 40 queries.