Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: She Loves You/I'll Get You  (Read 1146 times)

Bobber

She Loves You/I'll Get You
« on: September 27, 2006, 07:10:13 AM »

I know Please Please Me (on certain charts) and From Me To You reached #1. But I always feel that the true Beatles-energy emerged in full monty on a single with She Loves You. This does really sound like a new form of rock-'n-roll. From Me To You sounds like an easy singalong, compared to She Loves You. But what makes this song so special? Or don't you agree at all?

Another thing is I'll Get You. There's mistakes in almost every Beatles recording, but it's quite obvious in I'll Get You. John sings 'Change Your Mind' and Paul (and George?) sing 'Make You Mine'. They all have ears and certainly George Martin has them... Why didn't they repair this mistakes?

apple sauce

• Getting Better
Re: She Loves You/I'll Get You
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 11:28:02 AM »

The sheer energy of the opening to "She Loves You" along with the strong harmony vocals tells the music world that this band has something to say. Most of the Beatle's earlier work had this immediate sound that made them unique. I believe it was the harmony of their voices that set them apart from the other bands and they were playing disguised rock and roll.

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 35 queries.