Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Beatles best group effort  (Read 14100 times)

Re: Beatles best group effort
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2004, 08:12:33 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=39 date=1090939381]

Yes, I thought I smelled the same authorship but this is even harsher than Wayne ever got, I believe.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2004, 10:17:51 PM »

Two can play at this game Maria.  Here's the typical discussion that happened on this very thread:

Maria: Your knowledge of the Beatles is very limited.

Me: I couldn't give two craps.  You wanna see people with limited knowledge? Pull 10 kids off the streets and see if they can even name them.  See how many people think Mrs. Robinson was sang by the Beatles! Just be happy that there are young people there that like the Beatles.

Maria: THAT WAS ALL IRRELEVANT! I WAS TALKING ABOUT OTHER STUFF!!11111

And you can go back and see that my responses have been very relevant, but she never had the guts to just respond to it.  Wonder what Maria is Frightened about?

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2004, 10:20:36 PM »

[quote by=Maria link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=37 date=1090912788]You know how the late lamented Wayne had a certain "style" in making his posts? If you look carefully, The Frightened One also has a certain style.

Here's a typical Frightened One post:

You hopeless sh*tty scumbag, I know you're f***ing wrong and I'll keep on saying it so that the f***ing kids of the world will know you're an old Barclay Huntass wizened up old crone and witch. Ringo sang wonderful harmonies on Cry For A Shadow, and I'm the trumpet music leader but the other kids are a**holes, f*** them too they think I'm a loser, and everyone knows it's a joke. I used to post under another name, so now you know I'm a two-time loser you p*ssed off sh*tty f***ing a**hole Barclay Huntass scumbags, and I had an argument with Ma f***ing crone Ria then and she didn't know it was me again. I fooled her and I will keep on saying Revolver has Paul doing everything except what the others do so it seems you can all f*** off because I've just proved I'm right.[/quote]

This is proof that you have NO idea what I've been saying this whole thread, and thus you've wasted your time and, infinitely more important, my time.

Of course, you're just gonan reply to that slam on you and not the first sentence (unsurprisingly) because you HATE people having good points against you.

What's wrong with cussing you out? You do deserve it, and you will NEVER know how more I enjoy cussing you out than you do reading my posts.  Trust me, I'm having way more fun than you are.  Any bad energy is being used on you, and it's well, well worth it.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2004, 10:22:59 PM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=31 date=1090891731]There's no point.

The anger is not doing you nor anyone else any good.

slick rick

• Getting Better
  • bakers dozen
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2004, 03:14:44 AM »

[quote by=misterchaz link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=31 date=1090891731]There's no point.

The anger is not doing you nor anyone else any good.
well its saturday night and i just got paid

slick rick

• Getting Better
  • bakers dozen
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2004, 03:16:28 AM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=38 date=1090925656]

LOL! :D

Hey, wait a minute - I thought Lennon and Harrison sang on it? ;)[/quote]noone sang on it...........

well its saturday night and i just got paid

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2004, 04:01:48 AM »

[quote by=slick_rick link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=45 date=1090984588]noone sang on it...........

[/quote]

LoL!

It's funny -- Joe doesn't know when to stop.  I guess Joe's talk about anything on this thread is futile now, just like mine is about harmonies because I got Ringo and Paul mixed up.

I'll just pull a Maria here:

Joe, your knowledge on Beatle-lore is very limited.  How could you -- how could you -- think that Lennon and George sang on that and confuse guitar playing with no vocals? Amazing... makes me question your comments on JLPOB.

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2004, 10:53:51 AM »

Joe, your knowledge on Beatle-lore is very limited.

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2004, 07:38:48 PM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=43 date=1090966979]

You all have me curious to this Wayne character.

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2004, 07:40:02 PM »

[quote by=slick_rick link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=44 date=1090984484]pc doesn't????? :-/

[/quote]

Not at all.

Not a whit.

Oh, now, don't get me wrong, I know that YOU do, Rick.  :)

It's just that...pc guy.

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2004, 07:43:31 PM »

[quote by=Frightwolf link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=46 date=1090987308]

LoL!

It's funny -- Joe doesn't know when to stop.

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2004, 10:11:17 PM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=47 date=1091012031]

Are you guys SERIOUS? Didn't you get it? Don't you know a mocking joke when you hear it? I even included a "wink" symbol to help you along!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2004, 10:24:42 PM »

You shouldn't be so quick to try to nail an opponent.

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2004, 10:39:06 PM »

Well, Fright, let me say that even though we've gotten off to a rough start, I think it's great that you like The Beatles and know much more than just about anyone else your age. I think that's really a good thing.

As for the cussing, you say you'll go right ahead and keep doing it, yet I noticed you tried to curb it a bit in your response to Charlie. That's not a bad idea. It helps people take you a little more seriously.

Going back to the PLASTIC ONO BAND album, the thing that ticked me off was the use of the word garbage, right in the title of the thread before I even got into the text!
I agree it's your right to say that and to feel that way; but all I'm saying is that you'll have to deal with whatever is hurled your way as a result of that.

As for parents always saying "today's music is junk," -- it's true, they all said that! However, back when my parents or grandparents were saying this about ELVIS and THE BEATLES, they were wrong and were missing out on some great stuff! As for today, I doubt I'm missing anything by not hearing Snoop Dogg or Britney Spears!

Frightwolf

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2004, 10:41:05 PM »

Well, Fright, let me say that even though we've gotten off to a rough start, I think it's great that you like The Beatles and know much more than just about anyone else your age. I think that's really a good thing.

Okay, this is what I've been trying to say  :D.  I got on this board because it was finally a place where I can talk about it with people that know a lot.

As for the cussing, you say you'll go right ahead and keep doing it, yet I noticed you tried to curb it a bit in your response to Charlie. That's not a bad idea. It helps people take you a little more seriously.

The reason is because I don't find him to be intimidating.  When I talked about the Plastic Ono Band, I got the impression that you and Maria were not listening to anything I was saying and that my word meant nothing.  In your defense, though, I didn't even notice your other three posts you made in that thread explaining yourself, so I guess I am at fault there.

Going back to the PLASTIC ONO BAND album, the thing that ticked me off was the use of the word garbage, right in the title of the thread before I even got into the text!
I agree it's your right to say that and to feel that way; but all I'm saying is that you'll have to deal with whatever is hurled your way as a result of that.

Well, I guess I didn't expect THAT much in the form of responses from people that don't agree with me, but I did expect some kind of negativity because everyone seemed to love that album.

As for parents always saying "today's music is junk," -- it's true, they all said that! However, back when my parents or grandparents were saying this about ELVIS and THE BEATLES, they were wrong and were missing out on some great stuff! As for today, I doubt I'm missing anything by not hearing Snoop Dogg or Britney Spears!

I don't really like rap much either.  There are some songs that I admit have a nice sort of groove to them, but I wouldn't, say, buy an album of it.  It's good for what it is (music to dance to, I guess we can at least give it that), but most is utter filth and unbearable to listen to.

And since when was Britney Spears a singer? Ever seen Lewis Black, the very ticked off comedian from Comedy Central?

Lewis Black: "Pepsi ran an ad at the last Superbowl that was the most psychotic ad I've ever seen! The ad was starring Britney Spears.  She came out and she was singing about Pepsi.  But you don't know what she's singing, cuz she can't SING!"

He got quite the cheers from that :).

Wonderwall

• A Beginning
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2004, 02:16:20 AM »

Im going to say Revolver because this layed the foundation for Peppers in terms of studio creativity and perfection. The guitar sounds on Revolver are incredible from the backwards guitar on Im Only Sleeping to the thunderous sounds on Paperback Writter. The drums are more clear like on Good Day Sunshine. Creativity also was brought  to song lyrics as well like on Yellow Submarine and Tommorow Never Knows. From Revolver The Beatles never looked backed as performers and songwritters.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #56 on: August 01, 2004, 03:19:35 AM »

[quote by=Joe_Karlosi link=Blah.pl?b=albums,m=1090568621,s=16 date=1090779225]

Huh? John Lennon talked about the effort the Beatles themselves put into the amount of songs per album, as well as the sequencing. He said this in the 1974 New York interview he did on WNEW radio (he was on the show for 2 hours and acted as disc jockey too).
[/quote]that is the third section of the rock and roll album wrap......john the dj.great stuff

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2004, 07:24:11 PM »

as dumb as this sounds, did hey jude ever end up on a british LP.   i mean america has the hey jude album, which is really great. sort of a collection of singles A & B sides. i never really thought about it.   just curious if all the songs on the hey jude album were on british LP's. the reference to paperback writer on revolver, threw me into this....it seemed so strange.   after you listen to american beatle albums a billion times, it's hard to get used to british releases.
" You can't have a party without Beatles"
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 72 queries.