Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles in Plymouth  (Read 3767 times)

Bobber

Beatles in Plymouth
« on: May 25, 2006, 10:48:12 AM »

Creative Archive pilots content from the BBC regional archive

Every region has been shaped by the iconic news stories of its past. And through the Creative Archive Licence pilot the BBC is opening its archive of news clips from Devon, Cornwall, Lincolnshire and Humberside, so users can freely download and keep more than 100 TV clips for their own personal use.
The released clips feature key moments in local history such as dramatic scenes from the miners' strikes, incredible shots of the Torrey Canyon disaster, shocking images of devastating flooding in Boscastle and Lincolnshire, and emotional scenes as Falklands soldiers come home to their families.
The archive also contains interviews with celebrities such as The Beatles and key political figures such as Harold Wilson and Arthur Scargill.
There are also nostalgic gems like footage of holiday makers at a Torquay holiday camp, stockbrokers - complete with bowler hats and rolled umbrellas - skating to work during the big freeze of 1963 and a 1964 TV report about the new fashion for boys to have long hair!
This footage is not just available to watch - under the terms of the Creative Archive Licence users can download, edit and share the clips so that the key images of the past can be rediscovered and reshaped by a new generation.
Craig Henderson, from BBC Nations and Regions said: "We're opening up a really rich part of our archives for people to see, and share for the first time, so it's quite a moment.
"I think people will love downloading film of the Beatles visiting Plymouth (http://www.bbc.co.uk/calc/wil_devon/aip.shtml?id=00001002) in the 1960s - first for a concert and then as part of filming for their movie Magical Mystery Tour.
"The material covered in the pilot will undoubtedly bring back a lot of local memories, and be a great source of learning for youngsters."

The problem is that this download is free for users in the UK, not for other users. Is any UK-er willing to d/load it and post it here?

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Re: Beatles in Plymouth
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 11:14:58 AM »

^I've only got a crappy work computer and think I kack the technology. If I can I will.
don't follow leaders

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 11:59:45 AM »

Move to Britain. You lazy git.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 03:33:58 PM »

I tried but...

"We are experiencing a technical problem.

Unfortunately this means that you won

Bobber

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 05:27:22 PM »

Ah. Probably too much people trying to get it...

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2006, 07:29:39 PM »

Here ya go!!!! I've got it at last!

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=BD655AF215F1B924

Perhaps someone could host it on their Podcast or You-tube things!! Hint hint! ;D

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2006, 07:30:36 AM »

Wonderful Alan, thanx a lot! I will put it on my podcast, so that other lazy gits from out of the UK can watch it as well.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 10:45:59 AM »

and u.s. too.........

Bobber

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 10:49:41 AM »

The sound seems to be missing here and there. Is it like that on the original footage as well, Alan?

The End

• That Means a Lot
    • The End
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 11:47:48 AM »

Yeah - some is footage only - no sound. It's where broadcasters would use stock footage to talk over when discussing Beatle-related new items.

Bobber

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 56 queries.