Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Singles - I Feel Fine.  (Read 3822 times)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
Singles - I Feel Fine.
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:18:13 AM »

Not a song of great substance, but likeable enough, and seems to kick start a brief mania for riff songs.
I don't put too much stock in the famous "first use of feedback" thing. Other acts were doing it live, and The Beatles usage is more a novelty than any great leap forward. As usual the Beatles take something from the fringes and make it paletable for the masses (not a criticism - it takes skill.)
There ability to knock off top singles at will now seems staggering.
don't follow leaders
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

I_Will

• A Thousand Pages
  • "Doesn't the blood rush to your stomach?"
    • My Beatles Tumblr!
Re: Singles - I Feel Fine.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:26:59 AM »

I'm not that much of a fan of this song. I tend to skip it if I'm listening to Past Masters. The guitar riff is fun to play in Beatles Rock Band though.

The name's Emily :)

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:29:09 PM »

This sent me scurrying to check when The Who's Can't Explain was released, and (yay) Beatles got there first with intentional feedback (but only just...).  There's a similarity, and also to the Kinks, or is it just me? I've always liked this feelgood song, beautifully constructed. Love the harmonies, I sing the really high one when in the car on my own.

They went through a bit of a riff-driven period, Can't buy me love, Paperback writer, didn't they? Very sixties. What's not to like?
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 02:37:42 AM »

I think this song kicks major ass. Yeah, its riff heavy and doesnt go very far structure wise, but damn does it swing. The guitar solo is clean, the harmonies are strong, bass line is cool, and the most important aspect,,,,,its Ringo's greatest tune. That jazz beat is just amazing. I love how he trills the tom and comes back with a cross stick to the snare while trilling the ride in between. Awesome and its something I cant do so I respect it even that much more. (granted he switches it up half the time and doesnt include the trills)

Yeah, I like this one a ton.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:57:19 AM »

one of my faves too.... 8)

SemolinaPilchard

• A Beginning
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 07:15:57 AM »

I don't like this song at all. I don't really have a good reason for it, it's just always been boring to me. I tend to skip over it. I'm glad I could add my expert opinion to the discussion. :D

Bobber

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 09:00:16 AM »

I think this song kicks major ass. Yeah, its riff heavy and doesnt go very far structure wise, but damn does it swing. The guitar solo is clean, the harmonies are strong, bass line is cool, and the most important aspect,,,,,its Ringo's greatest tune. That jazz beat is just amazing. I love how he trills the tom and comes back with a cross stick to the snare while trilling the ride in between. Awesome and its something I cant do so I respect it even that much more. (granted he switches it up half the time and doesnt include the trills)

Yeah, I like this one a ton.

We seem to agree a lot on the singles, Todd. I Feel Fine has always been one of my favourites. It suprised me to hear that John wrote it with a major deadline coming up. I love to sing a fourth harmony voice in the middle eights. lol

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 09:23:17 AM »

I just listened to it again on the ipod and I cant help but to tap to it. I love how Ringo brings them back in during the middle break with the snare flams. Awesome.

This song probably falls into their earlier period of tunes, but it just feels more grown up or mature then a lot of the others (others to come also). Dont know, just always been a good one to my ears.

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 10:04:30 AM »

I just listened to it again on the ipod and I cant help but to tap to it. I love how Ringo brings them back in during the middle break with the snare flams. Awesome.

This song probably falls into their earlier period of tunes, but it just feels more grown up or mature then a lot of the others (others to come also). Dont know, just always been a good one to my ears.
Yes mate! The flams indeed! My fave part.....Without this song, you may never have got Paperback Writer or Day Tripper imo.
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

nyfan(41)

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2010, 02:37:48 AM »

these threads are really enjoyable to read!! ;yes

@topic/i feel fine
for me the highlight is how john sings " . . she's TELLLLin' all the world"
i'd heard it was written in the studio and the "...you know . . . you know . ." in the verses reflected john making up lyrics to the music as he went along
also, paul said the drums were inspired by ray charles 'what'd i say'
supposedly this song 'inspired' the riff

Watch Your Step - Bobby Parker (1961)

cubanheel

• Getting Better
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2010, 10:34:22 PM »

'Inspired' the riff??! are you a lawyer or something, man they nicked it!! But I'm glad they did, and they took it somewhere else.
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

lockyfan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 10:44:08 AM »

I love this song from the opening note to the riff, and the lyric

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2010, 06:39:06 PM »

"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

sgt. peppie

• Getting Better
  • Lolwut?
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 06:39:47 PM »

I've always loved this song. There's some sort of sound to it that makes me feel like I'm going back in time.  :D

George does not approve.

Page created in 0.416 seconds with 74 queries.