Random Thoughts

Started by Mrs JWL, Mar 02, 2005, 09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello Goodbye

When I worked at the track, I used to sing this song to myself...

https://youtu.be/_tuu5YtkPIo

Forget "PC!"  Stephen Collins Foster was The Father of American Music.   icon_good
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

Normandie

Omigosh, I just logged on to everythingmizzou.com only to find that the owners retired on New Year's Eve after 44 years and the store is closed. I've been ordering from them for years.  :'( :'( :'( :'(  If I'd known, and I had any business acumen (or even knowledge), I would have tried to persuade them to let me take over.

Although this is a minor issue overall, it seems like an inauspicious start to 2020.  :(

Hello Goodbye

^

It might not be too late, Kathleen.  Contact the owner and find out the shop's status.

Normandie

Quote from: Hello Goodbye on Jan 02, 2020, 01:51 PM
It might not be too late, Kathleen.  Contact the owner and find out the shop's status.

All the contact information had been removed, and I know literally nothing about running a business, but thanks for the suggestion.  :)

Hello Goodbye

https://youtu.be/2oQ_Ga8hZ6Q

The Duke of Sussex hath left the people of Sussex without a leader and defenseless against incursion from Hampshire and Kent.  Whomst shall hear the petitions of the townfolk?  Whomst shall oversee the collection of tithes and enforcement of contracts?

Hello Goodbye

I say whomst?

Kevin and Gwyneth, Duke and Duchess of Sussex.  That hath a good ring to it.

The jobs are open, Kev! What doth thou sayest?   ;D

Hello Goodbye

Robin Hood held lower ranks of Earl and Baron...

https://youtu.be/tSM7wGYLXaw

Thou hast the chance to hit the big time, Kevin.   ;D

Hello Goodbye

Normandie

It was 47 degrees on Friday in DC. My son was there with his classmates. The pictures I've seen show everyone bundled up, and all the North Dakota kids are in shirtsleeves.  ha2ha

KelMar

Quote from: Normandie on Jan 26, 2020, 04:18 AM

It was 47 degrees on Friday in DC. My son was there with his classmates. The pictures I've seen show everyone bundled up, and all the North Dakota kids are in shirtsleeves.  ha2ha

I might be tempted to leave my coat behind on a day like that this time of year. Now if it happened in the summer I'd be looking for my light jacket. It's all relative. ;D

Normandie

I was checking out my son's lesson plans online (he's a senior in high school) and noted that in Advanced Placement English this week, "transidentalism" (transcendentalism) is being introduced. That's an unsettling error for an English teacher to make. Also, they will soon be starting Into the Wild. Seriously? In Advanced Placement English? I've read that book, and it was good, but I'd hardly count it as quality literature. Sheesh.  roll:)

Random (bitchy) thought over!

Hello Goodbye

When I first saw this...

...I thought it was a Muppet

Moogmodule

I would have thought with half the world going into self isolation, this forum would be a bit busier. If you're at home and can't go out it seems like the perfect time to develop ones thesis on how the Beatles music is a manifestation of String Theory or vice versa.

Moogmodule

Quote from: Hello Goodbye on Mar 16, 2020, 09:10 PM
When I first saw this...

...I thought it was a Muppet

ha2ha