Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Magical Mystery Tour Misprint vinyl EP  (Read 2358 times)

jon519

• One And One Is Two
Magical Mystery Tour Misprint vinyl EP
« on: March 19, 2012, 05:45:24 AM »

hi there
I have a weird copy of Magical Mystery Tour
I meant to ask about this before while I was putting some items on ebay, but when I signed-up I had to have my account approved. So this is no way of me trying to promote my ebay listing nor is it to speak prices (I'd almost rather keep it, if it turns out to be a bit of a rarity.). I just want to know if there are any others like this. common misprint? My girlfriend has done lots of printing before and she's almost positive it's a printing error with the colour registration/they were layered wrong, but if you think otherwise, let me know.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260981205872

any information would be of great interest.
cheers & thanks
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:47:54 AM by jon519 »
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

peterbell1

• Getting Better
Re: Magical Mystery Tour Misprint vinyl EP
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 01:07:03 PM »

Hi.
As you say it is just a printing error - a mistake rather than a genuine "rare" pressing - so there is only really any additional value to it if someone decides they want one in their collection.
It's a nice copy of the MMT double-EP set anyway though.

jon519

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »

yeah I thought so.
I was also wondering if anyone else has one like this or have seen another one?

It is a nice copy. I put the price high though more because I wasn't sure of what I had.

I have another in top shape that has the push-out centers. anyone know if those came first or did they just make solid center 45s & push-out center 45s at the same time?

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »

Maybe it was another clue?

;D
I can stay till it's time to go

peterbell1

• Getting Better
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 10:34:27 PM »

yeah I thought so.
I was also wondering if anyone else has one like this or have seen another one?

It is a nice copy. I put the price high though more because I wasn't sure of what I had.

I have another in top shape that has the push-out centers. anyone know if those came first or did they just make solid center 45s & push-out center 45s at the same time?

The solid centres and push-out centres were indeed manufactured at the same time. Not sure if one is more rare than the other.

Your copy looks like an original 1967 pressing because it has the blue inner booklet and the "sold in uk" message on the labels.

The way to tell how early in the pressing run your discs were made is to check the stamper codes in the run-out area of the vinyl. You should have some letters and/or numbers in the run-out area of each side of the vinyl. Ignore the longer matrix numbers at the bottom and look for numbers and letters to the left and to the right of the label.

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 44 queries.