Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Is there any footage from George's 74 US tour?  (Read 6602 times)

Wayne L.

Is there any footage from George's 74 US tour?
« on: April 12, 2004, 09:17:52 PM »

I know there has to be some audio bootlegs but video footage from George's 74 US tour would be great if it exist.  BTW, I think George should have toured back in 76 the same year as Paul instead of 74 due to bad vocals because of a cold.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Wayne L.

Re: Is there any footage from George's 74 US tour?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 02:06:01 PM »

I would be surprised if there isn't any concert footage of George's only 74 US tour because he was at the height of his success as a solo artist at the time while his vocals were ruined due to a cold or something but I think there is some bootleg concert footage from George's 74 US tour which was probably going to bereleased as a concert documentary in theaters around 75!

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 10:29:46 AM »

yes to both questions

Billy Shears

• A Beginning
  • There's a fog upon L.A.
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 05:06:41 PM »

i saw george in 74 at the capital center outside washington dc....it was a good show...second concert i'd been too, i was 15 at the time...first show i saw was dylan and the band in 74, on a junior high field trip, believe it or not!....i've never seen footage, but i would love too.....i remember skipping school 2 years later and going downtown to buy McCartney tickets....my favorite best concert ever, and i've been to dozens.   i saw ringo play drums with the beach boys in washington dc at a 4th of july concert. somewhere in the late 70's....beach boys played it every year for like 3 years, then Reagan said they were a bad influence and stopped them......you, know, all those songs about school, cars girls next door, heavy bad stuff!!   lol.........never saw Lennon though.....isn't it a pity
" You can't have a party without Beatles"

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 02:50:15 AM »

I wonder what the situation is with this now? I know George never wanted anything to do with it again but the clip of What Is Life on the Scorsese doc revealed it to be pretty damn funky...

L.A. Express...
Keeping you on your toes...

BackBeatle

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 12:49:12 AM »

I have some Super8mm film (about 3 minutes worth) which I took of his Ft Worth performance on Nov 22, 1974. We had 13th row floor seats, so I got really up close shots, albeit silent. Still have the program and 2 ticket stubs, too.

The tickets came in an envelope with an 8" x 5" placard of an ink drawing of George (the same drawing Capitol Records used in their 10-year Beatle anniversary promotion in 1974). Still have the placard, and the cool thing is that it has a slit where George's mouth is, and the tickets (and now the stubs) poke through like he's sticking out his tongue! And yes, the ticket color is pink!!! It always reminds me of George's line in the AHDN shaving scene, "Put your tongue away, it looks disgustin' hangin' out, all pink and naked."

If I ever get to go to an Antiques Roadshow, this GH set of Beatle memorabilia is something that I'd definitely take with me.

BB
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:02:16 AM by BackBeatle »

Ollier

• A Beginning
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 03:35:02 AM »

Hey BB nice to meet you.

Very interesting post I must say, did you enjoy the show?
Keeping you on your toes...

BackBeatle

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 04:06:17 AM »

Hey BB nice to meet you.

Very interesting post I must say, did you enjoy the show?
Same here, Ollier.

Yeah, it was unbelievable!!! It was the first time I saw a Beatle in concert. Way up there on the "highlights of my life" list!

BB

TomMo

• A Beginning
  • You Can't Do That
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 09:43:26 PM »

i saw george in 74 at the capital center outside washington dc....it was a good show...second concert i'd been too, i was 15 at the time...first show i saw was dylan and the band in 74, on a junior high field trip, believe it or not!....i've never seen footage, but i would love too.....i remember skipping school 2 years later and going downtown to buy McCartney tickets....my favorite best concert ever, and i've been to dozens.   i saw ringo play drums with the beach boys in washington dc at a 4th of july concert. somewhere in the late 70's....beach boys played it every year for like 3 years, then Reagan said they were a bad influence and stopped them......you, know, all those songs about school, cars girls next door, heavy bad stuff!!   lol.........never saw Lennon though.....isn't it a pity

Hey, I was there at the Cap Center, too. Were you the guy with the mullet? Just kidding. I was at both shows. Since I wasn't expecting any musical surprises at the end of the second show, I left before the end and got to see George leave in a limo - he waved in my direction, which was good enough for me. I've also gotten a wave from Paul. Ringo is in my town in a few weeks. Stand by for details of a third wave. As for John, he waves at us all every time a cloud rolls by...in case you didn't know.
"Beware of soft shoe shufflers"

KelMar

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 05:29:12 AM »

As for John, he waves at us all every time a cloud rolls by...in case you didn't know.

From across the universe.

Page created in 0.693 seconds with 58 queries.