Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Guitar tab too prominent in my vox monitor  (Read 1087 times)

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
Guitar tab too prominent in my vox monitor
« on: June 29, 2008, 08:57:20 PM »

Hi All -

I'm pretty new to gigging, as is my group. I've used a direct out from my mic into my personal stage monitor (ear buds), via a personal mixer, because I sing much better if I hear my voice front and center while I sing.

That part works fine, but the trouble is I'm also hearing the lead guitar cab very prominently through my vox mic into my stage monitor, making it harder once again to hear my voice. I'm far stage left, and he's one person over towards the center of the stage. His cab is right behind him, and so a lot of it winds up in my mic. Adjusting the gain up and down on the mic input doesn't work, since obviously I can't separate the guitar sound out.

The only thing I can think of is to angle me away from that guitar cab, so I'm facing towards the right a bit, rather than straight forward (that way my mic would be pointing towards stage left, and not getting so much of his guitar sound). I'm not so keen on that because I like the audience interaction that happens when I'm facing straight forward.

Another option would be for the guitar player to turn his cab a bit away from me, towards the center of the stage. but I don't think he would take kindly to that idea.

These are the options I need to choose from, as far as I can tell, but maybe someone else knows another trick?

Thanks!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
Re: Guitar tab too prominent in my vox monitor
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 06:05:31 AM »

Feed more guitar in in guitarists monitor and turn down amp on stage. Afterall, it's a team sport.;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 40 queries.