Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: The Doors  (Read 26799 times)

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
Re: The Doors
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2008, 01:39:18 AM »

Thanks for clearing that up for us! I was wondering how the hell Keith could still be going  ;D
<br />

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2008, 01:45:25 AM »

Keith is simply undead.

Geoff

• A Thousand Pages
  • One Thing I Can Tell You Is You Got To Be Free
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2008, 04:36:28 AM »

Quote from: 568
Keith Richard*

* Yes, folks, it's well known among the cognoscenti, he actually died long ago. His appearances now are entirely faked, like a high tech "Weekend at Bernie's" sort of thing.

Keith is alive and well and possibly sustained by the blood of others:  ;D

http://archives.stupidquestion.net/sq62598blood.html

(wave2)

Mr. Mustard

• A Beginning
« Reply #64 on: July 07, 2008, 05:07:21 AM »

Keith Moon didn't die from alcohol though.  He died from the antitode -- the prescription drug to keep him off booze, mixed with sleeping pills.  And Brian Jones drowned.  Although I'm sure he was on something when that happened.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2008, 08:50:20 AM »

Quote from: 284
and dropped acid like jimi......he drank like janice.......and weeded like marley.... ;D

Apparently Jim Morrison didn't actually do that much drugs. He just drank a whole lot. By most accounts, the night before he died was one of the few times he did heroin.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2008, 09:54:00 AM »

he was mostly a drinker and smoked pot you are correct joost he was kind of sort of a health nut...even tho he often skipped meals...he was not a pill popper or coke user not lsd  but peyote was how he tripped.....but in the end he was getting fat....

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2008, 09:54:59 AM »

Quote from: 1333
Keith Moon didn't die from alcohol though.  He died from the antitode -- the prescription drug to keep him off booze, mixed with sleeping pills.  And Brian Jones drowned.  Although I'm sure he was on something when that happened.
brians death certificate says death by misadventure.....i still believe he was murdered....

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2008, 10:00:10 AM »

but in the end he was getting fat....

Actually that's not true either. He indeed got very heavy at one point (on purpose, because he didn't want to be a sex symbol), but he'd lost a lot of weight again before he died.

Another interesting fact about Jim Morrison: he was a chubby kid for almost his whole youth.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2008, 10:02:03 AM »

brians death certificate says death by misadventure.....i still believe he was murdered....

Didn't some guy who was working on his house confess on his deathbed that he killed Brian Jones? Of course you can't be sure he was telling the truth... Some people would rather go down in history as a murderer than be forgotten...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2008, 02:43:03 AM »

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2008, 06:14:08 PM »

When people drink a lot and don`t eat they get fat. Then when they suddenly stop drinking they get thin (because they didn`t eat) and the heart fails. According to your words that`s what Jim did before his heartattack.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2008, 06:33:24 PM »

Quote from: 1393
When people drink a lot and don`t eat they get fat. Then when they suddenly stop drinking they get thin (because they didn`t eat) and the heart fails.

Where did you get that from? I've never heard of that before... I know there are a lot of calories in beer, but I doubt that you can get as fat as Jim was (at his heaviest) just from drinking if you don't eat... Especially because people who were close to him say that Jim got fat on purpose... He wanted to get rid of his sex symbol/rock star image because he wanted to be taken seriously as a poet, more than anything else... That's also why he got the beard...

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2008, 06:55:38 PM »

Alcohol can make you put on a lot of weight. Look at Keith Moon! It's something to do with all the carbs, protein, and fat in your body not being burned up properly or something like that. I don't know about the not eating part. I suppose he was eating enough to get by anyway. But personally, I don't think Jim ever looked THAT fat and yeah, I've always read that it was in some part intentional. That's why he grew that horrible beard. Yet he somehow still looked beautiful! But I do think that gut was the result of all the beer and various other libations.

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2008, 08:31:13 PM »

He may have got the beard because he got fat. To conceal his second chin, some fatty guys do it to look better. Remember he suddenly shaved it off when he slimmed. Why did he do it? What about his caring for his image of a serious poet? No need for beard, he is himself again. This may have been the reason in fact.

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2008, 11:53:00 PM »

I for one will vouch that drinking beer makes you chubby.  I am living proof  ;D
<br />

Jane

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2008, 01:52:43 PM »

Quote from: 1204
I for one will vouch that drinking beer makes you chubby.  I am living proof  ;D

I like your humour very much!

HeatherBoo

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2008, 12:17:13 AM »

;D thanks

I was only telling the truth, whenever I stop drinking beer I lose weight quick! And I don't even drink that much only a few on the weekends with friends.  But there is so many calories in just one beer and they are all empty calories... But it tastes sooooo good!!
<br />

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2008, 04:08:02 AM »

Quote from: 56

Didn't some guy who was working on his house confess on his deathbed that he killed Brian Jones? Of course you can't be sure he was telling the truth... Some people would rather go down in history as a murderer than be forgotten...
yeah he confessed to a few friends but died before it went further i think...there maybe a book....

legthi

• Getting Better
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2008, 11:20:37 PM »

there maybe a book....

you can guarrantie that. there's money to be made here - and in this case a film. check out 'stoned'...dodgy old frank.

btw, i think the doors were f***ing great for most of the time, even when they winded down in the early 70's. I used to be obsessed, but now i just see them as a cool rock band.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 0.372 seconds with 79 queries.