Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 527

Author Topic: Random Thoughts  (Read 640722 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Random Thoughts
« Reply #9700 on: June 22, 2016, 03:12:54 AM »

^^^
LATER A BOOK TITLE, THE 2-WORD TITLE OF THIS 1968 SONG IS A BRITISH NAME FOR A SPIRAL SLIDE SEEN AT FAIRGROUNDS

You get the picsha?

http://youtu.be/oRjXFuRdbLk

Yes.  We see.
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

« Reply #9701 on: June 22, 2016, 03:18:48 AM »

Only one of the contestants got it right. The other two responded with Yellow Submarine.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9702 on: June 22, 2016, 03:33:24 AM »

That's a difficult final jeopardy for most people, Kelley.

I remember when Alex Trebek called someone wrong thusly: 

"What is Mardi Gras?"
"Oh, I'm sorry.  The correct response is "What is Fat Tuesday?"

Pretty stupid for someone who claims he speaks French fluently.  After the commercial, he announced that the judges ruled the contestant correct in his response.

KelMar

« Reply #9703 on: June 22, 2016, 03:41:36 AM »

He can be a little pompous at times. He got a bit of comeuppance tonight though. He was attempting to say that one of the contestants was on an all-girl softball team but he accidentally said "All boil softball team". She laughed and said "Oh no...that would be gross!"

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9704 on: June 22, 2016, 03:51:47 AM »

He's extremely pompous.  My sister auditioned for the show about 20 years ago.  They flashed fifty responses on a TV monitor and she had ten seconds to write the questions.  My sister gets every one right without even looking at the TV!  That day she scored a 90%.  She was disappointed and the way he consoled her was by saying "When I take these quizzes, I usually score 98%"  My sister replied:  "Oh yeah?  Well you're not so smart.  You have the answers on your little cards during the show."

Maybe 90% woulda been sufficient to get her on the show.  We'll never know.

KelMar

« Reply #9705 on: June 22, 2016, 04:04:45 AM »

Good for Sharon! When we watch the show one of us almost always says at some point, "Yeah, sure; you've got the card in front of you." I'm glad to know that someone actually said it to him in person.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9706 on: June 22, 2016, 04:10:33 AM »

That's my sister Sharon!  She doesn't take crap from nobody!

KelMar

« Reply #9707 on: June 22, 2016, 04:21:23 AM »

Spoken like a proud brother.   icon_good

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9708 on: June 29, 2016, 07:49:58 PM »

Someone in our building has two toilets on their outdoor balcony. So classy.  >:(

KelMar

« Reply #9709 on: June 29, 2016, 08:33:17 PM »

Someone in our building has two toilets on their outdoor balcony. So classy.  >:(

Geez, Kathy, I hope they aren't functioning toilets! But even if they aren't it sounds like something one might see around here. I've seen them used as planters for flowers.   roll:)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9710 on: June 29, 2016, 11:11:28 PM »

I've seen them used as planters for flowers.   roll:)

That's creative.  ;)  Probably not an idea that would ever cross my (or your) mind, but different strokes for different folks, I guess!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9711 on: June 30, 2016, 07:13:25 PM »

Way to go, Iceland!

Brynjar, do you have your Euro 2016 tee shirt?

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9712 on: July 01, 2016, 10:36:25 PM »

Two good things happened! I got approval to adopt a black Pomeranian (purebred) from the Humane Society, so excited! We pick him up on Tuesday, which is when the kids usually go to their dad's place, but they switched nights to Monday....So I get to watch the Twilight Zone July 4 marathon in peace! I usually just watch the New Year's one 'cause on the Fourth we're usually outside.

Simple minds, simple pleasures, or however that cliché goes.  ha2ha

« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 11:14:56 PM by Normandie »

KelMar

« Reply #9713 on: July 02, 2016, 04:56:19 AM »

I got approval to adopt a black Pomeranian (purebred) from the Humane

Aww! I'm so glad you're getting a little buddy. He's a cute little guy and looks very healthy and bright. Do you know his background? What's his name? I just told you that I hoped you'd be able to get a dog soon! Now I'm going to hope you get a million dollars.  ;)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9714 on: July 02, 2016, 04:13:55 PM »

Aww! I'm so glad you're getting a little buddy. He's a cute little guy and looks very healthy and bright. Do you know his background? What's his name?

Thanks, Kelley! His name is Rodney, and he was dropped off about a month ago by a family who was moving and said they could no longer care for him. He's only a year old, and he does seem very bright! He's such a loving, sweet little guy -- so good natured. The kids and I just adore him. I can't wait to bring him home; the last few times we walked him he clearly did not want to go back into the kennel, although he likes the staff and is very loving with them, too.

I just told you that I hoped you'd be able to get a dog soon! Now I'm going to hope you get a million dollars.  ;)

Now that would be fantastic! I could replace Scuffy, our ancient car, pay off student loans.......   :angel:

KelMar

« Reply #9715 on: July 02, 2016, 06:21:57 PM »

I thought he looks like he's been well-cared for. I can't imagine doing what his previous owners did but stuff happens, I guess, and I'm glad his story isn't like some I've heard. I'm always amazed at how resilient these little creatures are. Every time I scroll by this cute little face I have to laugh, thinking about how wild it's likely to get at your place. He's really still a puppy and he'll be very excited to be there. Your son is going to love this I bet!

Quote from: Normandie
So I get to watch the Twilight Zone July 4 marathon in peace!

That is something to be happy about! Enjoy! I'm having my own little peaceful day here. The rest of my family took Rosie to visit Gram. It's not like Rosie is too hard to care for, but we have to keep her and the German Shepherd apart. That is the thing I need a break from doing!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 08:19:24 PM by In My Life »

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9716 on: July 03, 2016, 09:57:39 PM »

I thought he looks like he's been well-cared for. I can't imagine doing what his previous owners did but stuff happens, I guess, and I'm glad his story isn't like some I've heard. I'm always amazed at how resilient these little creatures are. Every time I scroll by this cute little face I have to laugh, thinking about how wild it's likely to get at your place. He's really still a puppy and he'll be very excited to be there. Your son is going to love this I bet!

Yes, my son is over the moon about Rodney! And life will be crazy for awhile. Rodney doesn't seem very yappy, though, although that may change once we bring him home.

I'd never been to a Humane Society before, and I have to say, those workers all deserve a gold medal, or a halo, or something. They love those dogs and take such good care of them. There is one dog who has been there for 8 years (!) because he was teased as a puppy and tends to snap and bite. But he also wags his tail and clearly wants to be loved. He does get walked by staff and volunteers. I was tempted to try to adopt him, but my elder daughter got bitten, quite badly, by a dog when she was only 7 and is still a little skittish around dogs, so he wasn't a good match for us.

It's hard to walk in there and not want to adopt every pet.

That is something to be happy about! Enjoy! I'm having my own little peaceful day here. The rest of my family took Rosie to visit Gram. It's not like Rosie is too hard to care for, but we have to keep her and the German Shepherd apart. That is the thing I need a break from doing!

I'm glad you got a bit of a break! Some time alone is crucial to mental health, in my opinion.

KelMar

« Reply #9717 on: July 05, 2016, 10:40:23 PM »

Happy Gotcha Day to Rodney and his new family!!

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9718 on: July 06, 2016, 12:53:40 AM »

Nice looking Pomeranian, Kathleen.  I know you'll take good care of him.

When I was a kid, my neighbor had a black Pomeranian. It was fun watching that dog move when she took him for a walk.  :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #9719 on: July 06, 2016, 01:42:17 AM »

Happy Gotcha Day to Rodney and his new family!!

Thanks, Kelley! When we went in to sign the papers and pick him up, we found out that his original name was Bear, which was the name of the first dog my ex and I got after we got married. (That "Bear" was an American Eskimo.) Because we found he responded to "Bear," but not to "Rodney," we got him a new nametag. The folks at the kennel said they change the pets' names when they arrive, so I hope we are not making a bad decision and bringing back traumatic memories for him.

Nice looking Pomeranian, Kathleen.  I know you'll take good care of him.

Thank you, Barry.  :)  He's an incredibly sweet dog, just gentle and full of love (and a LOT of energy!). He hasn't barked once since we picked him up 7 hours ago.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 527

Page created in 0.564 seconds with 73 queries.