Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Give My Regards To Broadstreet  (Read 3359 times)

Wayne L.

Give My Regards To Broadstreet
« on: March 10, 2004, 02:54:42 PM »

It's great celebrating the 40th anniversary of when the Beatles arrived in America giving a rock & roll a goods kick in the teeth during the 60's with their music, their haircuts  & their attitude but who wants to celebrate the 20h anniversary of Give My Regards To Broadstreet since Paul must have been stoned or something thinking this was going to be the next A Hard Day's Night or Help even though it's visually a waste of time.  Their are only a few great songs on the soundtrack like I'm Not Such a Bad Boy & No Values which are McCartney rockers at their finest along with No More Lonely Nights which is a typical McCartney ballad as a solo artist except for the excellent Dave Gilmour guitar solo while it's crazy that a former Beatle could re-record his Beatles classics with such contempt to be so mediocre it's criminal but GMRTBS destroyed Paul's credibility & his legend only slightly since he has survived this travesty of his ego.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Re: Give My Regards To Broadstreet
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 04:23:38 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1078930482,s=0 date=1078930482]It's great celebrating the 40th anniversary of when the Beatles arrived in America giving a rock & roll a goods kick in the teeth during the 60's with their music, their haircuts

Wayne L.

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 06:45:36 PM »

GMRTBS is one of the WORST movies of all time which could have damaged Paul's credibility as an artist & a rock legend at the time brutally.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2004, 03:40:06 PM »

I think Paul actually agrees it IS a bad movie - I once heard him say he should have had stronger Producers who would have told him just how weak the story line was. He also stole one of the gags for A Hard Day's Night - someone is sitting in a TV studio canteen dressed as an injured person and adds ketchup to his wound!

Taxgirl

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 01:37:41 PM »

I liked it.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 10:55:21 PM »

yeah it was good bad use of ringo tho.....

Wayne L.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 07:02:54 PM »

Paul should have toured instead of making this mediocre movie Give My Regards To Broadstreet with a mediocre soundtrack album of mediocre Beatles covers from the former Beatle himself which almost destroyed his credibility as an artist while still being a rock legend.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 11:50:07 PM »

[quote by=Wayne_L. link=Blah.pl?b=films,m=1078930482,s=6 date=1086807774]Paul should have toured instead of making this mediocre movie Give My Regards To Broadstreet with a mediocre soundtrack album of mediocre Beatles covers from the former Beatle himself which almost destroyed his credibility as an artist while still being a rock legend. [/quote]

I love the soundtrack and where are the facts that GMRTBS 'almost' destroyed his credibility as an artist and rock legend? Just because critics tear something apart doesnt mean that there isnt something likeable there. The movie wasnt great, but enjoy the music for what it is.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 03:58:31 PM »

It's a TERRIBLE film - very grim, dark, depressing.

The only parts I enjoy are the rehearsal scenes with NOT SUCH A BAD BOY, SO BAD and NO VALUES, and also the early recording studio medley with YESTERDAY, HERE THERE & EVERYWHERE and WANDERLUST (except it's also depressing, as the manager butts in with: "Very bloody appropriate" when Paul sings, "I'm not half the man I used to be").

The Dream Sequence is excruciating.

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 51 queries.