Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Introduce Myself  (Read 1887 times)

kopart

• One And One Is Two
Introduce Myself
« on: June 02, 2008, 04:40:46 PM »

Someone suggested I introduced myself.. my name is Arty Davies. and i am a 60s drummer from Liverpool England.. Presently i play wit 4 bands Smokey Joe band, The new Applejacks, The 69ers, and Wheels on Fire..

my career I have played drums  with Farons Flamingos, Kingsize Taylor and the Dominoes, Lee Curtis and the All Stars, The Four Just men, The Pressure Points, Carol and the Memories..

Have sat in with and backed.
The Undertakers, The Mojos, Earl Preston,Wes Paul band Mark Guerrero (USA) Bobby Cortes(USA) Juke Box Eddie, Karl Terry Chris Curtis (Searchers) Jackie Lomax  and many many more.
  http://www.myspace.com/artydrummer
http://artydrummer.bravehost.com/

Cheers Arty  

Bobber

Re: Introduce Myself
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 05:04:29 PM »

Well, what can we say? Welcome to DM's Arty! We certainly hope you will enjoy your stay here. Questions anyone?  ;D

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:02:37 PM »

Good to see you here. :)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

alexis

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 01:37:36 AM »

HI ARTY!

We're so happy to have you here!

When did you start your drumming in Liverpool? Were you with King Size Taylor in Germany?

Thanks!
I love John,
I love Paul,
And George and Ringo,
I love them all!

Alexis

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 03:47:01 AM »

Quote from: 1364
Someone suggested I introduced myself.. my name is Arty Davies. and i am a 60s drummer from Liverpool England.. Presently i play wit 4 bands Smokey Joe band, The new Applejacks, The 69ers, and Wheels on Fire..

my career I have played drums  with Farons Flamingos, Kingsize Taylor and the Dominoes, Lee Curtis and the All Stars, The Four Just men, The Pressure Points, Carol and the Memories..

Have sat in with and backed.
The Undertakers, The Mojos, Earl Preston,Wes Paul band Mark Guerrero (USA) Bobby Cortes(USA) Juke Box Eddie, Karl Terry Chris Curtis (Searchers) Jackie Lomax  and many many more.
  http://www.myspace.com/artydrummer
http://artydrummer.bravehost.com/

Cheers Arty  

never mind that sh*t tell them who you pepsi drinker... ;D it's about time you gave me something to read...how are you arty???welcome to the damn forum man....i mean that from the bottom of my moondog heart...and think about the book...10 authors too many?????? 8) :K)

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 03:48:15 AM »

i'm still waiting for tony...maybe we'll make him inclusive...aaaahhhh maybe not too....

BlueMeanie

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 07:00:11 AM »

Welcome Arty, great to have you here. :)

kopart

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 08:26:31 AM »

answer ro the question. I first started drumming 1964. I was at a polio party as I have had polio and at very young age, and there was a group on (wish I knew their name) anyway a friend came up and said he was getting up to sing with the band, I said yeah OK, if you get up i will play drums,i was  joking. we got called up and he chickened out I didn't and got behind the drums for the first time in my life. The band asked me what did i want to play so i just whats next on your list. So we did Barret Strongs "Money" and at the end they said that was pretty good how long have i been playing, My answer how long did the song last that was my first time.
i went home and asked my parents for a set of drums, and they said no I wouldn't be able to play them with my disability they wouldn't believe i had played the drums that night. how i ended up with the drums is another story...

no I never played Hamburg with kingsize Taylor, he asked me to get a passport to go and play there but we had an argument and that put paid to that

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 05:55:14 AM »

Astonishing your parents didn't believe you. How old were you when this first drumming instance took place?
Awesome to be able to play first time out like that. :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

kopart

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2008, 03:54:33 PM »

Hi Harihead I was 15 and a half and i didn't get a set of drums until a month after my 17th birthday, just before i was 17 they let me have a bass guitar to join some friends in a band and i had the bass for over a month until i had an accident, I was practicing some things the guitarist showed me and i nearly electrocuted myself, so monday my parents took me back to the music store and they agreed to exchange the equipment and i said can i have set of drums :B then my mother agreed and i got my drums at last, come Saturday i did my first gig. point proven..

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2008, 07:27:56 PM »

> I was practicing some things the guitarist showed me and i nearly electrocuted myself

LOL! Oh, dear! You're right. You and drums were fated to be. :)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

pc31

• Sun King
    • the moondogs
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »

arty come back........

Swine

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 12:11:26 PM »

Quote from: 284
arty come back........

is he off to the moondogsforum?
[size=18]LIFE IS GETTING WORSE[/size]

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 67 queries.