Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Remembering Elvis  (Read 2424 times)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Remembering Elvis
« on: August 16, 2011, 04:37:42 AM »

Elvis Aaron Presley

January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977

Elvis Presley  Love Me

Elvis Presley  1968  Love Me
I can stay till it's time to go

KelMar

Re: Remembering Elvis
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 04:46:43 AM »

Whew! Is it getting warm in here?  ;D

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 09:02:51 PM »

I've been an Elvis fan since my early childhood. I often wondered what made him so special, but I think I finally found the answer: his crappy songs. Elvis could make even the stupidest songs sound cool. Seriously, can you imagine anyone else getting away with 'Wooden Heart', 'Teddy Bear' or 'It's Now Or Never'? Those are really bad songs. But not when Elvis sang them.

nimrod

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:56:10 PM »

I too love Elvis

But I agree with John Lennon, he was pretty crap after the army

I never much cared for the white jump suits and glitter but the young Elvis was awesome

RIP

Mr Mustard

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »

Yep, love the King - but for me he will always be the fore-quake which triggered the all conquering global tsunami that was the fab four....

The young, raw 1950s Elvis was pure dynamite - an awesome package of sex and talent. But I also love 1970s Elvis - the rhinestone jumpsuits, capes and hamburgers are part of the Presley legend and he was a consummate showman who gave us some of his greatest material at the turn of the 70s (Suspicious Minds, In The Ghetto, I Just Can't Help Believin', Always On My Mind etc etc ).

It's the period in between - the crappy Hollywood 60s movie star Parker's-puppet-Presley that shatters the myth for me. Dire.

But it's sometimes easy to be dazzled by the awesome charisma and iconic stage presence and forget, for a moment, what a wonderful voice the man had. He was a tremendous singer.

The most imitated human being on the planet and one of the very few figures from the 20th Century who truly deserve that overused epithet "Legend".

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 03:08:22 AM »

The young, raw 1950s Elvis was pure dynamite - an awesome package of sex and talent.

Yes he was!  26 September 1956...

Elvis Presley - Long Tall Sally (Tupelo Live Concert) September 26, 1956

But I also love 1970s Elvis - the rhinestone jumpsuits, capes and hamburgers are part of the Presley legend and he was a consummate showman who gave us some of his greatest material at the turn of the 70s

He really didn't change much at all except for..."Give me a three inch collar all around."

ELVIS BURNING LOVE

"Thank you.  Thank you very much." 

KelMar

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 03:38:17 AM »

I remember I was out on the field at band camp when the director told us that Elvis Presley, "a popular singer" (in case we didn't know who he was) died today.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 04:13:17 AM »

Remembering Elvis...

Elvis   Love Me

nimrod

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 04:52:29 AM »

Yep, love the King - but for me he will always be the fore-quake which triggered the all conquering global tsunami that was the fab four....

The young, raw 1950s Elvis was pure dynamite - an awesome package of sex and talent. But I also love 1970s Elvis - the rhinestone jumpsuits, capes and hamburgers are part of the Presley legend and he was a consummate showman who gave us some of his greatest material at the turn of the 70s (Suspicious Minds, In The Ghetto, I Just Can't Help Believin', Always On My Mind etc etc ).

It's the period in between - the crappy Hollywood 60s movie star Parker's-puppet-Presley that shatters the myth for me. Dire.

But it's sometimes easy to be dazzled by the awesome charisma and iconic stage presence and forget, for a moment, what a wonderful voice the man had. He was a tremendous singer.

The most imitated human being on the planet and one of the very few figures from the 20th Century who truly deserve that overused epithet "Legend".

+ 1

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2012, 05:56:13 AM »

Love the King and ashamed that this is one of my guilty pleasures from him.

Elvis Presley - LITTLE EGYPT (new edit)

Truly a dismal song, but it has a hold on me for some reason.  ha2ha

Page created in 0.494 seconds with 64 queries.