Beatles forums > Songs

'A Day In The Life' cello players

(1/8) > >>

Xose:
According to this source the cello players were Francisco Gabarró (=Spanish. He also performed the cello part on 'Yesterday' string quartet), Dennis Vigay, Alan Dalziel and Alex Nifosi.

So, if Francisco Gabarró is named in the first place, this means that he was the principal of the cello section, hence, situated at the very right corner of the conductor..., right??

Cello player #1:

Cello player #2, you can see his face and his left hand behind that violinist (=he shares the music stand with cello player #1):

Cello player #3, you can see his face behind that violinist and in the front middle of those two Double Bass players:

Cello player #4 (=he shares the music stand with cello player #3):

So, my hypothesis read:

From right to left of the photo, the cello players are Francisco Gabarró, Dennis Vigay, Alan Dalziel and Alex Nifosi...  ;)

Xosé

Hello Goodbye:

Currently, Denis (Dennis) Vigay is with The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in London.  He's pictured in the back row, third from the right.

Xose:

--- Quote from: Hello Goodbye on November 29, 2010, 01:10:52 AM ---

Currently, Denis (Dennis) Vigay is with The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in London.  He's pictured in the back row, third from the right.
--- End quote ---

Excellent, HG... Thank you very much!! ;)

Pitty that the -presumed- Dennis Vigay in my photo has his face shadowed by the violinist...

Let's hope that other photos of all those cello players can surface...

Best!! ;)

Xosé

Bobber:
There's footage of the recording of A Day In The Life. Maybe that gives us a better view on the players in the orchestra: The Beatles - A Day in the Life - Subtitulado en Español

Xose:

--- Quote from: Bobber on November 29, 2010, 11:12:20 AM ---There's footage of the recording of A Day In The Life. Maybe that gives us a better view on the players in the orchestra: The Beatles - A Day in the Life - Subtitulado en Español

--- End quote ---

Yes, I know...

But the images go so quick that I can't see anything...  ???

Xosé

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version