Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Missing John Lennon psychedelic eye mosaic from Liverpool’s garden  (Read 2776 times)

peregrine9

• A Thousand Pages

Liverpool Echo
July 14, 2011
Missing John Lennon psychedelic eye mosaic from Liverpool’s garden festival reunited with owners

A MOSAIC designed by John Lennon was reunited with its owners after being lost for more than two decades.
There are now hopes the Psychedelic Eye will return to the Beatle’s home city of Liverpool, from where it went missing in 1987.
The custom-made piece, which is constructed from more than 17,500 ceramic tiles each no bigger than a quarter of an inch square, was originally installed at the end of Lennon’s swimming pool in his mansion at Kenwood, Surrey, where the hits Yellow Submarine and Hey Jude were composed.
Lennon sold the house in 1968, and in 1982 it was sold to an anonymous Swedish businessman.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/in-the-mix/2011/07/14/missing-john-lennon-mosaic-from-liverpool-s-garden-festival-reunited-with-owners-100252-29049811/
Life is what happens when your busy making other plans. John Lennon

cubanheel

• Getting Better
Re: Missing John Lennon psychedelic eye mosaic from Liverpool’s garden
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:56:57 PM »

Are there any photos of the original eye from Kenwood around? I'm sure I've seen a pic but it didn't look like that one.
...once there was a way to get back homeward ...

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
Re: Missing John Lennon psychedelic eye mosaic from Liverpool’s garden
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »

I can stay till it's time to go

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 42 queries.