Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Author Topic: Halloween!  (Read 34228 times)

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
Re: Halloween!
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2006, 05:36:05 PM »

oh yeah, I thought this was funny:

Top 10 Reasons Halloween is Better than Sex...

#10: You are guaranteed to get at least a little something in the sack.
#9: If you get tired, you can wait 10 minutes and go at it again.
#8: The uglier you look, the easier it is to get some.
#7: You don't have to compliment the person who gives you some.
#6: It's OK when the person you're with fantasizes you're someone else, because you are.
#5: Fifty years from now you'll still enjoy candy.
#4: If you don't like what you get you can always go next door.
#3: It doesn't matter if the kids hear you moaning and groaning.
#2: Less guilt the morning after.

And the number one reason halloween is better than sex:

YOU CAN DO THE WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD!!!
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

Bobber

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2006, 05:47:21 PM »

Not much Halloween over here on Europe's mainland... Although there's something going on with pumpkins the last few years. On the other hand we celebrate St. Maarten (Saint Martin) on November 11th. Little kids sing songs at the front door with lanterns and get their share, which is candy most of the time.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2006, 06:05:34 PM »

I'm invited to a Halloween party, but I'll pass... I hate (and I mean H A T E ) dressing up... Even though I was born & raised in Brabant...  ;D

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 11:38:50 PM »

Aw, why do you hate dressing up? It's one of my favorite things in the world! Probably 'cause we have a Tickle Trunk full of vintage clothes, costume pieces, and other things... plus, it's one day when people don't make fun of me for my unique style?

Do you think you're too cool to dress up? Is that it? :(

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 12:54:48 AM »

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. It's just so fun. Plus I love the fall. I mean, I used to love it. In California it's like every other month. Which sucks.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 06:55:02 AM »

Quote from: 218
Do you think you're too cool to dress up? Is that it? :(

No, I'm not too cool for anything. I just feel uncomfortable in anything else than jeans and a shirt/sweater. Even when everyone else is dressed up.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 08:25:59 AM »

Not my generation. I miss Guy Fawkwes. Think, in 200 years american kids might be burning effigies of Bin Laden singing "terrorist terrorist terrorist, dollar for the terrorist."
I regret the passing of some of our culture. I don't want an homogeneous world. But hey ho, you can't p*ss in the wind. Hey ninny ninny...
don't follow leaders

Indica

• A Thousand Pages
  • Getting into the Herbal Jazz
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 10:08:30 AM »

Yeah - Halloween is a sort of kids thing over here in England. I mean, people dress up and go to the clubs - but this sort of thing happens anyhow. I used to really enjoy Halloween - it's a pretty creative celebration :) But now I just see it for the shameless money scam it really is (In England anyhow) ...
Whats the matter lads? Blue Meanies?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 03:38:33 PM »

Quote from: 185
Not my generation. I miss Guy Fawkwes. Think, in 200 years american kids might be burning effigies of Bin Laden singing "terrorist terrorist terrorist, dollar for the terrorist."
I regret the passing of some of our culture. I don't want an homogeneous world. But hey ho, you can't p*ss in the wind. Hey ninny ninny...

Guy Fawkes is a bit of an archaic holiday, if you ask me. I used to read about it in my mom's Secret Seven books from the 50s and wonder what this big fuss was all about.

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2006, 04:46:35 PM »

Guy Fawkes is a bit of an archaic holiday, if you ask me. I used to read about it in my mom's Secret Seven books from the 50s and wonder what this big fuss was all about.

We used to get my dad's old clothes, stuff them with paper, make a head (well my big brother made the head) then we'd put him in a wheelbarrow and take him around the shops singing "Guy Guy Guy, penny (literally) for the Guy." Then we'd take it home and burn it on the bonfire. Then out came the fireworks. And this was the only time we'd see fireworks, and we would have saved hard, so this is special.  
Oh happy days. And it ALWAYS rained.
don't follow leaders

GreenApple

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2006, 05:03:24 PM »

Quote from: 185

I'd sooner see an homogenous world than the conflict-ridden, prejudiced-deranged one we currently live in. In such a world, there would be a return of interest in the old things anyway. But, after all the rubbish associated with difference had passed away. Nothing wrong with difference, but the world seems to think that conflict and prejudice MUST accompany difference. In reality, there are differences, but there are no differences. We are also so very similar the world over.

It might seem like a silly example, but on Star Trek The Next Generation they 'go back in time' with the ships computer to experience the past. But, a sanitized one. In the distant future, people may recover the past and differences, but not attach deep meaning to them. Not with a computer (but, who knows?). But, by reclaiming the past. Like those huge battle scenes reenacted.

Hopefully, globalisation will take us to such a world eventually.

I think also in a similar way that political correctness will do it's job of helping to eradicate racism, sexism, etc. in time. Then, political correctness will disappear because it's done it's job. Along with it will go the excesses of political correctness.
All You Need Is LOVE!

somedude210

• A Thousand Pages
  • Insanity is just a state of mind
    • Coughlin Computers
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2006, 07:54:47 PM »

Quote from: 139
Hopefully, globalisation will take us to such a world eventually.

or meeting extrateresstrials, that'll get us united against them. or genetic mutation, then someone will make a race completely out of pacifists.
«if asking, begging and pleading doesn't work, always go with a song and dance number.» ;D
In need of a computer? visit Coughlin Computers http://coughlincomputers.tripod.com

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2006, 03:39:40 PM »

Halloween is probably my favorite holiday besides Christmas, because you get free candy and you get to dress up. I'm really into Halloween costumes and I make my own every year. This year, I'm planning to go as Carrie from the Stepen King novel/movie, complete with fake tiara, sash, and "blood" soaked prom dress. I hope that this wil be the year I will win the Best Costume prize at my school's Halloween dance that I so rightfully deserve.

What about the rest of you? What are you going to be for Halloween? What are you going to do? I don't know what I'm going to do this year. 16 might be a little too old for trick-or-treating, but I don't want to stay home because no one ever comes. I might do a little trick or treating if my younger cousin comes along, that way I'll have an excuse for going. I also hope to go to the haunted house that the community sets up every year at a town near mine.

Good luck Mairi! Your costume sounds completely ghastly! I hope you win! I used to do the dress up thing for halloween and later for some of the adult halloween parties, now I enjoy dressing the kids up and and taking them out to haunted house's, parties, and trick or treat nights. I not only love it because of halloween but I get all the horror movies out that I like to watch and scare the hell out of my "oh so tough" son and nephew...... :D , and it is also fall. You know, leaves changing, a chill in the air, and all that. Pretty this time of the year. Best of all it segways right into Thanksgiving and Christmas season :)

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2006, 04:14:48 PM »

Quote from: 305

Pretty this time of the year. Best of all it segways right into Thanksgiving and Christmas season :)

I love autumn. You can feel nature going to sleep. When I was a kid you could smell the  coal burning, but that's gone now. Christmas makes me wish I had kids. Maybe next year...
don't follow leaders

Wayne L.

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2006, 04:57:48 PM »

I hate Halloween just as much as I hate PETA & hated it when I was a kid because dressing up to go get candy from your neighbor isn't that big of a deal.  

Kevin

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2006, 05:01:55 PM »

Quote from: 395
I hate Halloween just as much as I hate PETA & hated it when I was a kid because dressing up to go get candy from your neighbor isn't that big of a deal.  

Oh Wayne, there's so many jokes there. But I'm off home. Have a nice weekend
don't follow leaders

Wayne L.

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2006, 05:05:50 PM »

I know PETA is a joke & so are you Kevin.  

RICKENBACKER325

• "Life is what happens while you busy making other plans"
  • A Thousand Pages
  • Its always been about the music !
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2006, 09:17:22 PM »

You are such a dork Wayne, that it is it's not even funny anymore! Halloween is a time for fun and more important, a time for children to have fun. Of course living in your mothers basement and never even been close to a pus...........oh nevermind, you'll never get it. Take that however you want. By the way what does halloween and peta have to do with each other?

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2006, 03:50:12 AM »

Hmmmph. I just got back from my school's Halloween dance. (Early because there's something going on next week) I didn't win a prize, some guy in a sumo costume that he BOUGHT won. But it doens't matter anyway, 'cause I got so many compliments. Some of my friends took pictures with their digital cameras. If they send me one, I'll post it here!

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2006, 08:19:42 AM »

i agree it's a load of crap and no big deal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 17

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 85 queries.