Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: George's Romantic Side On Songs  (Read 53224 times)

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: Was George A Rabbit?
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2007, 06:04:10 PM »

John is only playing that horn because the director made him. He's not even touching his lips to it, really-- he's faking!  ;D

But... I have some earth-shattering news.

I just uncovered yet another startling clue!  :o

I have been reading Simon Leng's excellent book While My Guitar Gently Weeps: the Music of George Harrison. This is a fabulous book--insightful, well researched, and unbelievably well written. Leng goes through all of George's music from before the Beatles until the end of his career.

Here is what Leng has to say about George's later career:

Quote from: Leng
The only new Harrison composition written and released between 1992 and 2001 was a ditty for a children's cartoon series about a troupe of cricket-playing rabbits: The Bunbury Tails.
:o

I think this piece of evidence stands on its own. ;)
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Sondra

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2007, 06:07:47 PM »

Quote from: 551
Hey, I'm a Minnesota gal, with a fine, full mouth of lovely, slightly crooked teeth myself. I look dangerously equipped in the snapping department. Stand back and fear me! *feels sympathetic big-teeth bonding with George and Patti*

Hey, isn't that the killer rabbit?

"Come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2007, 03:10:43 PM »

Quote from: 216

Hey, isn't that the killer rabbit?

"Come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

That's just what I was thinking.  Did George secretly play the killer rabbit role?  Was he some form of were-rabbit long before Wallace and Gromit?  

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2007, 04:47:14 PM »

Watch out, Sandra and Adamzero. You're playing with dynamite. To quote Tim, "That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!" George will get you all "with nasty, big, pointy teeth!"

But is George actually a were-rabbit as Adamzero proposes? Such a thing might explain why George's rabbitness is so often overlooked by the general public. Let's investigate.

No, not much similarity there. Let's go in for a close-up:

I don't know. It could go either way, I think. Opinions, anyone?
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

tangerine

• Getting Better
  • here comes the sun
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2007, 04:50:56 PM »

ahhhaaa this is brilliant- I can just imagine George reading on all this and finding it hilariously funny  :)

I never knew we wore rabbit fur on his wedding! I kind of thought he would be against fur like that (though he did wear fur on the rooftop gig I suppose) but all his respect for life and stuff in his beliefs. Oh well, maybe it was only ever paul who was anti-fur. Good going, Paul!
<br />But every so often you come across something truly inspiring...<br />
<br />

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2007, 05:02:05 PM »

Quote from: 553
ahhhaaa this is brilliant- I can just imagine George reading on all this and finding it hilariously funny  :)
I hope so, too. I like to think of Georgie laughing in heaven.

Hi, Tangerine! Welcome to the scholarly section of the message board.  ;) ;D

Yes, that is fur he's wearing. He married Patti in '66, and didn't get religion until '67. At that point he became non-meat-eating for the rest of his life, I believe. And I think it's the same coat he's wearing on the rooftop show. Say what you may, fur is warm, and he already had the coat. :) Cheers.

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2007, 08:34:53 PM »

[...]
He would be surely posting in this topic too  ;D ... I can see it clearly!!! 8)
Welcome to the forums, tangerine ... hope you'll enjoy them!!! :)
I like your avatar ... and your big signature (sentence included)  8)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2007, 12:10:34 AM »

(though he did wear fur on the rooftop gig I suppose)

Welcome to the board, tangerine!  Great avatar!

I suppose we should post George in his rabbit fur on the rooftop:

I can stay till it's time to go

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2007, 01:14:04 AM »

*gasp* :o

I never realized what you can see if you blow that photo up slightly...

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2007, 01:47:08 PM »

^Yep ... that's the original pic!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2007, 07:07:32 PM »

Hold onto your hats, campers! More startling evidence of George's rabbitness has just come to light.

While reviewing (for scholarly purposes) the video "This Song", I found more incontrovertible evidence of George's true nature. It's quite easy to miss on the first pass, but on reviewing this vid I was suddenly riveted by a pair of bunny ears flopping around in the background, and had to investigate further. A freeze-frame analysis reveals the pain and burden that George feels about his undeniable rabbity essence.

In this first pic, we see George literally chained to an overpowering presence. It is easy to take this image at face value, but the specter of rabbithood looming in the background puts the lie to such a simplistic interpretation.

The rabbit is easy to miss at the back of the crowd, but he dominates the path that George must tread (more on this later). The rabbit is wearing clothes that uncannily match the policeman's uniform--white on top, darker clothes beneath. Through this visual reinforcement, George is trying to tell us that the thing he is chained to is not really the long arm of the law, but his inescapable rabbithood.

Furthermore, on the Beatles very first album, George sings "Chains". This song choice shows how, even back at the beginning, George felt trapped by his rabbit nature. The following lyrics are particularly telling:

Chains, well I can't break away from these chains
Can't run around
'cause I'm not free

We have already established that George is fleet of foot. Why can't he run? Why does he literally stumble in this video? Because he is chained to his bunny nature, irrevocably linked.

In this next frame, we see George blatantly surrendering to the reality of the situation. He is dragged forcibly off to face his rabbitness, which has been lurking in the background all the time.

I understand these revelations are sometimes difficult to accept, but it is clear that George has been working out the relationship to his rabbitness for some time. It is a comfort to know that he had many friends who rallied to his side to offer their support. Bless you, George!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2007, 08:59:51 PM »

I'm as-tonishead ... and wordless too! :o
This new clue is a one of the ones that makes me believe more ... those agnostic people should read this[size=9] (off-topic, by the way) [/size]thread ... truth is for those who are ready to see beyond  8) ... and George knew there will be some in the future (now and here) who will be go to that place where he could show himshelf as he really was (and not only one of The Guys)!!!
Keep on coming, harihead!!! I want more and more of this stuff ... I'm a believer and you seem to know where the clues are!!! Show them to us, the short-sighted!!! ;D

adamzero

• A Thousand Pages
  • &quot;The dude abides.&quot;
    • Phoebe Claire Publishing, LLC
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2007, 11:32:05 PM »

If George is the Were-rabbit?  Then who's Wallace, Gromit, etc.?

Ringo as Wallace?

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2007, 12:53:12 PM »

Did John want to be a rabbit too?

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2007, 01:02:33 PM »

... and what about his close friend Eric? Was he trying to be another one? 8)

[...]

For example, in the Jive Bunny cover art, they tried to fool us by putting the bunny in the John Lennon position. But we know the rabbit always wears a white suit. Proof:

[...]

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2007, 01:10:22 PM »

It doesn't matter, it is written that:
wherever you look
you'll see one clue
  8)

Quote from: 297
[...]

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2007, 03:20:25 PM »

Very silly pics, Raxo. I mean, convincing! Very convincing pics. Thanks for posting them.  ;D

Quote from: 9
If George is the Were-rabbit?  Then who's Wallace, Gromit, etc.?
Ringo as Wallace?
This is a very important field of research, Adamzero. I wish I had time to follow it up, but I'm going out of town for 3 weeks and have no time. I look forward to finding if any other clues have come up in my absence. Cheers!

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »

[...]I wish I had time to follow it up, but I'm going out of town for 3 weeks and have no time. I look forward to finding if any other clues have come up in my absence. Cheers!
We'll be here ... waiting for you, so don't be long! ;)

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2007, 05:10:15 PM »

Quote from: 297
.....don't be long! ;)

Right, hh.  Please don't you be very long.

I can stay till it's time to go

raxo

• Sun King
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2007, 09:31:42 PM »

[...]I mean, convincing! Very convincing pics. Thanks for posting them.  ;D
[...]
Did you mean "vinci", Leonardo Da Vinci, right?  8)
Surely that he already knew about all this ... too!  ::)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 80 queries.