Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Beatles under a microscope - Abbey Road  (Read 64350 times)

Toejam

• A Beginning
Re: Beatles under a microscope - Abbey Road
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2011, 09:01:54 AM »

Abbey Road

We always talk about moments of Beatle magic.
Do we?  :o
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

nimrod

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2011, 09:04:57 AM »

O.K. Let me just stop you there. You started this thread calling this album a timeless classic but apart from Something you've barely found a good word to say about any song on the 1st side!
[/quote

What it needs for Todd to rave about it is Lovely Rita  ha2ha
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:24:51 PM by nimrod »

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2011, 10:11:37 AM »

One of The Beatles' most endearing qualities was always their sense of fun and mischief. At a time when prog rock was surfacing in all its magnificent po-faced pomposity, Abbey Road punctured such allusions with cheeky hidden tricks like Her Majesty tacked on unnanounced at the end and with jaunty singalongs about psychopaths and sea creatures which only the likes of Paul and Ringo could get away with.

Paul hasn't got away with Maxwell's silver hammer. ha ha ha. Not by a long way. I've never known a song to be so hated. I love it btw.
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

nimrod

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2011, 12:28:46 PM »

I love Abbey Road so much, I absolutely love the guitar tones starting with You Never Give Me Your Money, in fact I love them all the way through the album, the album is a complete masterpiece wonderfully recorded and produced, it even sounds happy  :)

nimrod

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2011, 12:43:55 PM »

can anyone figure out who does the harmony vocals on The End where the lyrics are " and in the end etc"

glass onion

• Getting Better
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:22 AM »

can anyone figure out who does the harmony vocals on The End where the lyrics are " and in the end etc"
if i was pushed into a corner i'd say paul and george.i've not listened,but from memeory i'm not sure if i hear johns' harmony in there.
......."but tonight,i just wanna stay in,and be with you"..............

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2011, 10:47:16 AM »

O.K. Let me just stop you there. You started this thread calling this album a timeless classic but apart from Something you've barely found a good word to say about any song on the 1st side!

What does my opinion of the songs have to do with anything? Would you not agree that the album is pretty much considered a timeless classic by almost everybody?

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2011, 01:01:13 PM »

What does my opinion of the songs have to do with anything? Would you not agree that the album is pretty much considered a timeless classic by almost everybody?

Yes. Well maybe not almost everybody perhaps most people but what does everybody elses opinion matter if you don't like so many of the songs very much? ;D
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2011, 01:24:56 PM »

I've jsut been reading the wiki for Abbey rd. and came across this 'After the lyrics were refined during the "Let It Be" sessions (tapes reveal Lennon giving Harrison some songwriting advice during its composition),' I've never heard that before. Anyone know anything about it or if it's on youtube or where we can listen or watch it?
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2011, 08:08:57 PM »

Yes. Well maybe not almost everybody perhaps most people but what does everybody elses opinion matter if you don't like so many of the songs very much? ;D

Nobody else's opinion matters to me, only mine matters, hence why they call it an opinion. Its kind of like your defense of 'Wild Life' when you said that Bobbers review was harsh while the mass public understands that the album is horrible. Thats your opinion in which you would be hard pressed to sway anybody to agree with it. Its all the same.

Stating that Abbey Road was a timeless classic was just a statement of common knowledge due to the fact that my opinions vary greatly compared to the mass public. It appears I should have broken the statement down into simpler words to clarify my meaning. I'll keep that in mind for future references.

Toejam

• A Beginning
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2011, 08:27:19 PM »

Nobody else's opinion matters to me, only mine matters, hence why they call it an opinion. Its kind of like your defense of 'Wild Life' when you said that Bobbers review was harsh while the mass public understands that the album is horrible. Thats your opinion in which you would be hard pressed to sway anybody to agree with it. Its all the same.

Stating that Abbey Road was a timeless classic was just a statement of common knowledge due to the fact that my opinions vary greatly compared to the mass public. It appears I should have broken the statement down into simpler words to clarify my meaning. I'll keep that in mind for future references.

well anyone'd come to the conclusion you'd tthought it was a timeless classic if you'd put that. A/w it's no big deal is it?
IMAGINE ALL THE PEEPLE

Hombre_de_ningun_lugar

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 08:31:54 PM »

well anyone'd come to the conclusion you'd tthought it was a timeless classic if you'd put that. A/w it's no big deal is it?

A classic is a classic because of general and not particular opinions, I think. I admit that Dark Side Of The Moon is a classic album beyond the fact that I'm not a Pink Floyd fan.
"Love is old, love is new; love is all, love is you."

nimrod

« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 10:26:05 PM »

A classic is a classic because of general and not particular opinions, I think. I admit that Dark Side Of The Moon is a classic album beyond the fact that I'm not a Pink Floyd fan.

and some might say its an overrated classic ;D

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2011, 02:56:12 PM »

I love Abbey Road so much, I absolutely love the guitar tones starting with You Never Give Me Your Money, in fact I love them all the way through the album, the album is a complete masterpiece wonderfully recorded and produced, it even sounds happy  :)

;yes

I so agree with you there. Love that guitar sound. 
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

nimrod

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »

Maxwells Silver Hammer is a perfect showcase of why The Beatles fell apart.

I agree !

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2012, 04:06:52 AM »

I dunno.  I still like Maxwell's Silver Hammer.  I like the medley a whole lot more, but I think Maxwell's Silver Hammer is a fun song.  In another thread I mentioned that this was Paul's Mack The Knife.
I can stay till it's time to go

nimrod

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2012, 06:07:31 AM »

I cant stand songs like that Barry  >:(

For me Paul started to be 'twee' before that with All Together Now and Honey Pie (2 more I hate), I think when John lost interest and Paul took over the group he had licence to put these songs out, he then carried it on with his solo career Mary Had A Little Lamb, C Moon, Frog Chorus and more, I just couldnt take him seriously anymore ........and he's still doing it....Dance Tonight  :-[

Bobber

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2012, 09:21:04 AM »

I believe All Together Now was a fun song for all of them and recorded in a party-like atmosphere.

KelMar

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2012, 03:59:03 AM »

I believe All Together Now was a fun song for all of them and recorded in a party-like atmosphere.

No wonder it always makes me happy when I hear it.

nimrod

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2012, 09:49:43 PM »

I dunno.  I still like Maxwell's Silver Hammer.  I like the medley a whole lot more, but I think Maxwell's Silver Hammer is a fun song.  In another thread I mentioned that this was Paul's Mack The Knife.

I dont mind it now really but when you were 18 it wasnt considered 'cool' to dig songs like that, and it gave the Stones fans added ammunition to use against The Beatles  ha2ha
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Page created in 0.902 seconds with 82 queries.