Solo forums > Ringo Starr

Ringo's drums on She Said She Said 2022 mix

(1/5) > >>

Loco Mo:
I've listened to this several times.  I don't understand his drumming on this song.

I was a drummer as a teenager, and I know for a fact I would never have created something like this.  How in the world do you devise drumming fills like these?

nimrod:

--- Quote from: Loco Mo on October 29, 2022, 03:43:21 PM ---I've listened to this several times.  I don't understand his drumming on this song.

I was a drummer as a teenager, and I know for a fact I would never have created something like this.  How in the world do you devise drumming fills like these?

--- End quote ---

According to Hunter Davies book, Ringo said he just sits behind his kit in the studio and does what the others tell him.

Moogmodule:

--- Quote from: Loco Mo on October 29, 2022, 03:43:21 PM ---I've listened to this several times.  I don't understand his drumming on this song.

--- End quote ---

Listening to the new Revolver mixes and session tapes, Ringo’s playing is great all over this record. His She Said playing reminds me of Rain. Sometimes he starts a fill halfway through the bar before you’d usually think to put one. Sometimes two bars. This became a bit of a trademark of his middle period Beatle playing. He does it on Strawberry Fields as well among others.

Loco Mo:
Well, it looks like nobody has anything to say about this topic.  That's okay.  (Thanks, Moogmodule, for your input.)

I don't think I've ever paid so much attention to Ringo's drumming as I have ever since all the remixes started.

I think the guy's a genius.  This is kind of sad in a way because I think most people think he's a very simple but competent drummer.  They think the same way about George Harrison as a guitarist.

You know, I don't think I'd have known what to play (as a drummer) for "Love me do."  I would have been cut just like Pete (for sure).

Normandie:

--- Quote from: Loco Mo on November 04, 2022, 05:01:01 PM ---Well, it looks like nobody has anything to say about this topic.  That's okay. 

--- End quote ---

Sorry, Loco Mo; I'm not a drummer, or even a musician, so I wasn't able to reply.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version