Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Playing and Singing at the sametime  (Read 1295 times)

Wordno

• Getting Better
  • Fortune favors the bold
Playing and Singing at the sametime
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:00:15 PM »

So yeah, a lot of people can do it really well. People like Paul McCartney can do that very well singing, dancing and playing at the sametime. I've tried singing and playing along at the sametime and its pretty tough. I can only sing and play one song and its 'Silly Love Songs' by Wings. I can just barely do that song. I have to be still as a statue and concentrate very hard. Other then that I can't really do anything else. Anyone have some tips on how to do this? From my point of view if the song is not a basic song then its impossible to sing and play at the sametime lol.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
Re: Playing and Singing at the sametime
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 05:11:07 PM »

I actually remember making the breakthrough, when I realized I could be singing something completely different from what my hands were doing. I was like, "OH! This is how it's done!"  ;D

Actually, Paul's description of rubbing your tummy and patting your head is not a bad analogy. Once I discovered how to do it, though (like balance on a bicycle), then-- watch out! Vocals all over the place! :)

Can't dance worth a darn. Do not ask me to play and move. Thank you!
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

BlueMeanie

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 03:45:23 PM »

Imagine hitting the snare drum, the hi-hat, and the bass drum all at different times, and singing!!!

harihead

• A Thousand Pages
  • Keep spreading the love
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 07:34:03 PM »

^ Ooh, I just did that, and fell out of my chair!  :B
All you've got to do is choose love.  That's how I live it now.  I learned a long time ago, I can feed the birds in my garden.  I can't feed them all. -- Ringo Starr, Rolling Stone magazine, May 2007<br />

Mairi

• That Means a Lot
  • The owls are not what they seem
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 10:14:21 PM »

I found that very difficult when I first started out. I think it took me a year or two until I learned how to do it properly. And now, I still have to use sheet music to remember what chords to play. I guess the answer is keep practising.
I am posting on an internet forum, therefore my opinion is fact.

The End

• That Means a Lot
  • Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream...
    • The End
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »

When I first started playing, I found the most difficult song to play and sing at the same time was Twist And Shout, because the vocal comes in at a different time to the music - it really took me a long time to get the hang of it!

An Apple Beatle

• That Means a Lot
  • Be yourself, no matter what they say.
    • The studio
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 01:19:08 AM »

Hey Wordno...Silly Love Songs is quite a bass line if I remember right. No wonder you may be having troubvle singing it at the same time. A mates band had me singing Jimi Hendrix & playing bass....Something I at first believed was impossible but once played through and some good listening, it gets there....perseverence and dedication.

Sting is nice and easy to practice with. ;)
http://www.4sitemusic.com
USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION ON THIS FORUM! CLICK HERE!

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 54 queries.