Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rolling Stones Show  (Read 994 times)

Rolling Stones Show
« on: September 09, 2005, 07:07:52 AM »

I must tell everyone that I saw the Stones tonight in Milwaukee and they kicked mucho ass for 2+ hours. Buddy Guy opened and just smoked, he came out and jammed with the boys later on. It was a moment. I don't care if their collective age is 245, they sounded great, the new material is out of the classic Stones mode. Mick's voice almost sounds like its getting stronger with age. Amazing energy. And Keef. If you look in Webster's under "Rock and Roll" there should be Keef pumping that Telecaster. Especially gratifying was to see Charlie Watts looking healthy and smiling after his bout with throat cancer. He's not out of the woods yet, but the remission must be strong enough for him to be able to take on the task of a world tour. They did 'Waiting on a Friend' and Mick prefaced it by saying they were taping it for MTV's Katrina benefit. The Glimmer Twins and company still have it, which is a massive understatement.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Brynjar

• Getting Better
Re: Rolling Stones Show
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 09:01:27 PM »

Ohh, I envy you. I have been listening to them a lot lately. Bought Exile, Sticky Fingers and Beggars Banquet and I love it. Rocks Off... Street Fighting Man... Sister Morphine. I
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

Re: Rolling Stones Show
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 02:20:58 AM »

Quote from: opportunityknocks

Do you know when they will tour Europe?

Here's you go:

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/tour06.htm

Page created in 1.076 seconds with 39 queries.