Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 204

Author Topic: What's the weather like in your country or state?  (Read 337518 times)

Moogmodule and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

KelMar

Re: What's the weather like in your country or state?
« Reply #2160 on: July 30, 2014, 03:41:12 AM »

I was in Sherman, NY after a tornado in 1984(?) and there was a swath of torn up ground going on and on across the rolling farmland. pretty amazing stuff!

I'll bet that was 1985.You were on the other side of Chautauqua Lake, where the boat's going. You should have dropped in for a visit. ;)
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2161 on: July 30, 2014, 10:35:28 AM »

I'll bet that was 1985.You were on the other side of Chautauqua Lake, where the boat's going. You should have dropped in for a visit. ;)
It could have been. My ex has family in the Sherman-Ripley area and we drove by this huge swath. It was pretty amazing even after the storm. There was no grass, just dirt!

I know, I should have!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 10:37:10 AM by Dcazz »
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #2162 on: July 30, 2014, 05:24:19 PM »

^^^
It really is a small world.

I Googled and discovered that the damage you saw happened on May 31, 1985 from a tornado that touched down in Busti, NY. This town with the funny name is near Sherman. It was part of this:

On the evening of May 31st, 1985, a devastating and deadly tornado outbreak struck the Northeastern
United States and Canada. 41 tornadoes and numerous damaging thunderstorms tore across Ohio,
Pennsylvania, New York, and Ontario Canada, killing 88 people in total, injuring more than 1000 others,
and raking up more than $450 million in property damage in the United States. May 31st, 1985 Tornado Outbreak

I guess time dimmed my memory of this because we didn't have any touch down right here. But I do remember that I was working at Friendly's that evening and was very nervous with the big windows all around me. I had my spot all picked out in the back where I was going to go if I had too. My mom was visiting me then and in the midst of all my anxiety I looked and there she was at a table. I asked why she came out and she said, "I wanted a sundae". LOL

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2163 on: July 30, 2014, 10:18:33 PM »

She's a good mom! Being there for her daughter.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who really mean it!
Mark Twain

KelMar

« Reply #2164 on: July 30, 2014, 11:51:30 PM »

She's a good mom! Being there for her daughter.

Hmmm...I never thought of it that way. I just thought she was being well, a little ditzy. She was something else, my mom!

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2165 on: July 31, 2014, 01:32:07 AM »

But I do remember that I was working at Friendly's that evening and was very nervous with the big windows all around me.

I used to work at Friendly's, too! 

My mom was visiting me then and in the midst of all my anxiety I looked and there she was at a table. I asked why she came out and she said, "I wanted a sundae". LOL

Awww....I wonder if that was just an excuse to make sure her daughter was safe.  ;)

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2166 on: July 31, 2014, 01:38:15 AM »

Didn't friendly's have a big beef on toast instead of a bun? Add fries and a Strawberry Fribble and you were doing pretty good!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2167 on: July 31, 2014, 01:45:19 AM »

Didn't friendly's have a big beef on toast instead of a bun? Add fries and a Strawberry Fribble and you were doing pretty good!

I'm drawing a blank on the food menu, but I definitely remember the Fribbles. I worked on the fountain, doing those and other treats. Yum!

KelMar

« Reply #2168 on: July 31, 2014, 01:54:51 AM »

Yes! And they didn't have Coke or Pepsi; it was Friendly Cola. I hated that job but it was mainly the slimy little manager who accused me of lying when my grandma died a week after my dad. Man, I wouldn't take that crap now but I was only 23 then and thought all "authority" had to be respected.

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2169 on: July 31, 2014, 02:13:28 AM »

I had a Salem State College girl who worked the ice cream counter flirting with me when I ordered a cone. When she asked me what grade I was in I said "a freshmen"! In college? Nope, high school! I thought she was going to die! Lol! I must say I was feeling quite good about that!
Mark Twain

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #2170 on: July 31, 2014, 03:40:12 AM »

The uniforms at Friendly's were ugly.  I went to Roy Rogers.  Margot looked cute in her cowgirl outfit.  I told her so.  She would always slip an extra hamburger on my tray as I left the counter.   :)
I can stay till it's time to go

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2171 on: August 06, 2014, 05:03:22 AM »

It was hot today.  But it is summer...

Jamies Summertime, Summertime

Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime ORIGINAL 1970

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator

Dcazz

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #2173 on: August 06, 2014, 11:07:02 AM »

Good song. I always liked it!
Mark Twain

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2174 on: August 18, 2014, 07:28:07 PM »

Frustratingly cloudy interspersed with bright sunshine. I feel guilty, because I am hoping it will rain so my son's soccer practice is canceled.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 09:23:32 PM by Normandie »

KelMar

« Reply #2175 on: August 18, 2014, 10:23:03 PM »

Frustratingly cloudy interspersed with bright sunshine. I feel guilty, because I am hoping it will rain so my son's soccer practice is canceled.

Don't feel guilty! I used to think that all the time when my son was in Little League. He did too and I finally said then why the heck are we doing this? Then he took up bowling. :)

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2176 on: August 19, 2014, 02:22:20 AM »

Then he took up bowling. :)

Bowling! Now that's a good idea. I could kick back with a beer and a novel while waiting through practice.   ;)

My older daughter takes her road test September 4. I've been giving her fair warning that she'll be doing some of the shuttling around if she passes. (Then again, maybe I'm giving her an incentive to flunk.)

KelMar

« Reply #2177 on: August 19, 2014, 04:46:28 AM »

Bowling! Now that's a good idea. I could kick back with a beer and a novel while waiting through practice.   ;)

Around here you could probably do the beer part right there at soccer practice!

My older daughter takes her road test September 4. I've been giving her fair warning that she'll be doing some of the shuttling around if she passes. (Then again, maybe I'm giving her an incentive to flunk.)

Aww...you're moving toward that magical stage of parenthood where you can start to take it a tiny bit easier. I am sure she'll relish every opportunity to flap her new wings.

Normandie

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #2178 on: August 19, 2014, 09:40:14 PM »

Aww...you're moving toward that magical stage of parenthood where you can start to take it a tiny bit easier. I am sure she'll relish every opportunity to flap her new wings.

Yes, definitely easier on me errand wise, but a whole new area to worry about. I swear I spot a new gray hair every day, LOL.

KelMar

« Reply #2179 on: August 19, 2014, 11:55:35 PM »

Yes, definitely easier on me errand wise, but a whole new area to worry about. I swear I spot a new gray hair every day, LOL.

I was wondering when you were going to mention the worry part! But I think strict rules about who can be in the car with a new driver go a long way. That and a hidden camera trained on said driver. LOL
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 204

Page created in 0.753 seconds with 79 queries.