Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Beatles on tour?  (Read 2412 times)

number14

• A Thousand Pages
  • I like the beatles a lot
Beatles on tour?
« on: July 20, 2004, 11:49:05 PM »

if John lennon wouldnt have gotten shot.... do you think the beatles would have gotten together and gone on tour. Like 20 or 25 years later. I think it might have happened. That wouldve been great wouldnt it ....

Paul McCartney :)

Re: Beatles on tour?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 01:58:23 AM »

I don't know about a tour, but I'd bet they would have played together at least once by now, for LIVE AID or something. I'm actually glad they never reunited because they went out on top and there was no chance for mediocrity.

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2004, 02:00:08 AM »

went out on top????????

pc31

• Sun King
  • WE SOUL OUR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL!!!!
    • the moondogs
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2004, 02:04:45 AM »

rock was headed out it seemed like in the late 60s early 70s.it seems folk and other lighter genres of music were becoming more mainstream.like donavan,bob whats his face.there were good rock bands but don't you think the byrds and others over shawdowed true rock????it seems stalled then.

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2004, 02:34:27 AM »

went out on top????????

Of course. They never had a bad record, and ABBEY ROAD was their last. Other than the MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR film they never had a misfire. Why take a chance of ruining that with a mediocre comeback?

What are you talking about?

Sadie4

• Getting Better
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2004, 04:31:13 PM »

I agree with Joe, if the Beatles plit up in 1970 wwas beacuse of a reason and you can't go back and play fab again. They might have got together for the Anthology series, but play together? I don't think so, ask George and he'll tell you how pleased he would be to play with Paul again... :roll:
JOHN LENNON is my Sun King!

Herecomesyoursun

• A Thousand Pages
  • Shake your tired eyes the world is waiting for you
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 01:30:52 AM »

[quote by=pc31 link=Blah.pl?b=cc,m=1090367345,s=3 date=1090375485]rock was headed out it seemed like in the late 60s early 70s.it seems folk and other lighter genres of music were becoming more mainstream.like donavan,bob whats his face.there were good rock bands but don't you think the byrds and others over shawdowed true rock????it seems stalled then.[/quote]

Well, i heard of this kid named Jimi Hendrix who played guitar or something during that time.  Also, some bands called Cream, Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones flourished.  seems like true rock to me.

[face=Arial]            Give me love, give me peace on Earth...[/face]

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 51 queries.