Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Beatle Podcasts  (Read 6186 times)

KEROUAC

• A Beginning
Beatle Podcasts
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:55:20 AM »

I couldn't see a mention anywhere else but does anyone listen to Beatle podcasts? There's a couple I listen to regularly which I think are really great: Something about The Beatles http://somethingaboutthebeatles.com/  & Fab 4 Free 4 All http://www.fab4free4all.com/

i thought I was knowledgeable about the Beatles but these guys take it to a whole new level and I really love their in depth discussions. I recommend these two very highly and both are on itunes.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
  • “Moog was the truth” TheseLyricsDoNotExist 2023
Re: Beatle Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 09:57:24 PM »

I haven't heard these. I actually went looking for podcasts on the Beatles when I was doing a long driveca couple of weekends ago but couldn't find much of worth . One of the guys doing  "Something About the Beatles" i see is Robert Rodriguez. He's written some decent Beatle books.

KelMar

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 10:00:28 PM »

I couldn't see a mention anywhere else but does anyone listen to Beatle podcasts? There's a couple I listen to regularly which I think are really great: Something about The Beatles http://somethingaboutthebeatles.com/  & Fab 4 Free 4 All http://www.fab4free4all.com/

i thought I was knowledgeable about the Beatles but these guys take it to a whole new level and I really love their in depth discussions. I recommend these two very highly and both are on itunes.

I listen to Something About the Beatles too. It's almost overwhelming how much they know! Richard Rodriguez also has a great Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fabfourfaq2
It doesn't seem to attract trolls like I've seen on other public FB pages.  I also enjoy Dennis Mitchell's Breakfast with the Beatles podcast.

KEROUAC

• A Beginning
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 10:17:25 AM »

One of the guys doing  "Something About the Beatles" i see is Robert Rodriguez. He's written some decent Beatle books.

Yes the other presenter has too. They have a little comedic routine where whenever they brazenley name drop one of their books they ring a little bell.  :)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 10:50:36 PM »

Is that what that bell ringing is? I thought I had messages coming in.

Thanks for the tip on these Kerouac.  I've already listened to a couple of the Something About the Beatles episodes. They're great fun and the snippets of knowledge are terrific.

I can see hours being whiled away on these.

KelMar

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 11:47:22 PM »

I can see hours being whiled away on these.

I listen to them when I do the dishes or clean the house. If it wasn't for them we'd be living in squalor.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 12:38:57 AM »

I listen to them when I do the dishes or clean the house. If it wasn't for them we'd be living in squalor.

ha2ha Yes. Me too. I sometimes find excuses to do more things to give me listening time.

KelMar

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2016, 04:03:20 AM »

^^^
 :)

KEROUAC

• A Beginning
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2016, 09:42:21 PM »

I listen going to and from work to break the monotony. There are also some where they have Lewisohn as a guest but not sure which show (maybe both).

Brynjar

• Getting Better
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2016, 09:13:11 PM »

I recommend I´ve Got a Beatles Podcast:

http://ivegotabeatlespodcast.podbean.com/
They were the most brilliant, powerful, lovable, popular group on the planet. - Q, 1995.

KelMar

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2016, 04:57:52 AM »

That looks interesting too. I'll have no excuses when it comes to housework.  ;)

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2016, 03:38:54 AM »

I've listened to a few of the Rodriguez and Buskin ones. They're great fun. I love it when they're arguing about the merits of the lyrics to Juniors Farm. And their Pete Best special when they play Here Comes the Sun and Cone Together with Pete style drum tracks overlaid.  Harsh but hilarious.

KEROUAC

• A Beginning
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2016, 09:19:21 AM »

I've listened to a few of the Rodriguez and Buskin ones. They're great fun. I love it when they're arguing about the merits of the lyrics to Juniors Farm. And their Pete Best special when they play Here Comes the Sun and Cone Together with Pete style drum tracks overlaid.  Harsh but hilarious.

Is that a recent one? I'll have to have a listen. I've been mainly listening to the archives. The one on "The Beatles as instrumentalists" is good with lots of isolated tracks played.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2016, 08:33:25 PM »

Is that a recent one? I'll have to have a listen. I've been mainly listening to the archives. The one on "The Beatles as instrumentalists" is good with lots of isolated tracks played.

The juniors farm one is I think on the solo John and Paul episode. And there's an episode dedicated to Pete Best.

The ones where they play the isolated tracks are good. The vocal ones are interesting too.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2016, 05:00:48 AM »

I find the Buskin and Rodriguez podcast to be polished and very knowledgeable. But the I've Got a Beatles podcast is funnier.

BeatleFan

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2016, 08:09:32 AM »

We should get a podcast up and running, if it's possible. I'd be willing to take part too.  ;)

Klang

• A Thousand Pages
  • Go to the window...
    • Klangville
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2016, 02:14:43 PM »

Nice idea. Some of us like to put songs together for our annual Secret Santa CD's, so a similar approach could be used for some podcasts. Others might be more chatty, or do a mix.

If it happens, exclude me in.

:)
'...In the name of Preverti, daughter of the mountains, whose embrace with Rani made the whole world tremble...'

beatlesfan32

• One And One Is Two
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »

I listen to:
"All McCartney",
"Screw It, We're Gonna Talk About the Beatles",
 "Fab 4 Free 4 All",
"Things We Said Today",
"I've Got a Beatles Podcast", and
 "Something About the Beatles".

I have listened to "AlphaBeatical" and "A Year With the Bealtes".

Those last two are done with their shows. 

All of those podcasts are excellent.  "Compleatly Beatles" is also great.

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 10:12:17 PM »

Thanks Beatlesfan32. Haven't heard of a few of those. I'll give them a try.

The Screw it one I find interesting as it's all quite young people. As opposed to the others like Fab4 and Something About which are mainly done by either first or second generation Beatle fans. They also have the only female Beatle podcaster I've heard to date. Although she hasn't done their latest podcast on Beatles for Sale.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 10:54:18 PM by Moogmodule »

Moogmodule

• A Thousand Pages
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2017, 09:56:42 PM »

I'm not a big Billy Bragg fan but he's great on the latest "Something  About the Beatles" podcast, talking about the origins of skiffle and its influence on the British Invasion. Incredibly knowledgeable about music in general.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:01:54 PM by Moogmodule »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.479 seconds with 77 queries.