Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: 2 New Record by Paul next year  (Read 31155 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: 2 New Record by Paul next year
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2011, 08:07:07 PM »

Oh God. I just realized that Paul actually wrote 'My Valentine' and didnt cover it from some old crooner. That makes it twice as bad.

Oh the horror.
Sheet Music Plus Homepage

nimrod

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2011, 01:50:43 AM »

I'm a musician, so I like many forms of music, and this new song sounds very beautiful and romantic to me, and my female friends like it as well.

Maybe some people should open up their musical taste and not be so closed minded.

Im a musician too and Im a fan of Blues/Jazz/Prog Rock/World Music/Classical/Folk so my ears are open to many differing types of music

All we fans can do is give our opinion on what we hear in a new release (its not a good idea to tell people to broaden their scope and because theres a few good reviews we SHOULD appreciate it)  and what I hear is very very mediocre, Id say this isnt an original melody and Paul sounds like he's TRYING to sound like one of the old crooners (someone mentioned a mouthfull of marbles) where in fact he should be sounding like himself and writing more songs as good as Let It Be, Good Day Sunshine and Hey Jude..

I honestly think this is kinda cringeworthy.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »

In all fairness, i've only heard 'My Valentine' and its pretty embarrassing in my opinion.

you miss anything just the worst  album ever of the last 40 years .

;sorry

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2011, 07:00:29 PM »

you miss anything just the worst  album ever of the last 40 years .

;sorry

Damn, I kind of figured that. I really dont want to waste the money on it, but I feel its my sworn duty as being a completist.

Thanks for the warning anyways Dirk.

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2011, 09:02:44 PM »

me too  he is my Idol sind 33 Years ;yes

maybe when i heard the Orginal CD is the feeling better.... ;sorry

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2012, 01:34:58 AM »

Paul sounds like he's TRYING to sound like one of the old crooners...

Yes.  I think he's in love.
I can stay till it's time to go

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2012, 03:42:45 PM »

We'll just have to agree to disagree!

McCartney can and has done wrong in my eye's take for example his absolute worse albums ever, McCartney II and all of that Fireman stuff, I'll take the jazzy smooth, very romantic music of this new album over that mostly disjointed godawful noise he made on those albums!

Tkitna, I couldn't care less if people laugh, let em!  I'll just continue to enjoy McCartney's new album!  Also you posted that most critics would praise anything McCartney does because he's a Beatle?

Are You joking!?  Every since the freaking Beatles broke up all most critics have done is absolutely unmercifully crucify McCartney's music!  When Chaos and Creation was released critics said McCartney has finally released a good album, as if Flowers In The Dirt and Flaming Pie didn't exist!  The freaking critics have been Paul McCartney's worse enemy!

But hey, it's just a matter of taste, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Oh and I have to say, Memory Almost Full is an excellent album, the song House Of Wax is freaking epic!

The songs
See Your Sunshine
Only Mama Knows
Vintage clothes
That Was Me
Feet In The Clouds
The End Of The End, are just awesome.

One other thing, the comments on Youtube are thru the roof positive for the new songs!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 03:50:39 PM by maccafan »

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2012, 04:33:47 PM »

the sound the melodic is bad ringos Sentimental was better against him

nimrod

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2012, 02:23:53 AM »

But hey, it's just a matter of taste, one man's trash is another man's treasure.

thats very true maccafan, well said  :)

so dont be upset with me when I say that for me..

The songs
See Your Sunshine
Only Mama Knows
Vintage clothes
That Was Me
Feet In The Clouds
The End Of The End, are just awesome.

those songs are very un-awesome  ;)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2012, 06:22:29 AM »

thats very true maccafan, well said  :)

so dont be upset with me when I say that for me..

those songs are very un-awesome  ;)

Arent they though? God that album sucked. 'Only Mama Knows' is the only decent thing off of it.

Anyways, Maccafan, its cool you stick to your guns. I would expect the same from anybody, but i'm just a bit amazed that you actually think this new song is good. It took me mere seconds to realize that its actually pretty bad. Seriously, its not good. You keep saying how many people rave about it, but yet nobody but yourself seems to like it here on an actual Beatles forum. Strange.

Buy it, listen to it, and enjoy it, but believe me, you are in the minority (not that there's anything wrong with that I suppose).

nimrod

« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »

Buy it, listen to it, and enjoy it, but believe me, you are in the minority (not that there's anything wrong with that I suppose).

no there isnt Mr SF Sorrow  ;D

Badgirl66

• A Thousand Pages
    • My Hometown
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 02:28:08 PM »

I am confused

My Valentine -February 7th 2012
Kisses On The Bottom -June 12th 2012

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 03:14:42 PM »

I just listened to that song for the first time. It's kind of boring but not unpleasant.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »

I just played it for my wife and she asked me if Paul started smoking again.  ha2ha

Bobber

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 11:20:58 AM »

His voice sounds old... not energetic at all.

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 05:01:49 PM »

I don't get upset because of someone else's taste, it's their lose not mine, I'm not letting this fantastic music slip thru my fingers!

As for those songs from Memory Almost Full, once again we'll just have to agree to disagree because for me those songs are freaking awesome!  I listen to them constantly!!

As for the new album and songs, check out the comments from people all over the world (not just some very limited Beatle related site) on Youtube, you will vey plainly see that your opinions are the ones that are in the vast minority!!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 05:06:31 PM by maccafan »

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 07:52:26 PM »

I agree that Paul's voice sounds old. What is he to do? Todd would probably say retire. Well, I don't enjoy Paul's newer music as much as his older stuff, but I do not think he should rest on his laurels.

That being said, I do like 'My Valentine'.

I think the tours are blase' though. He concerts consist of 80% Beatles songs, and 15% newer songs and 5% Wings. The excitement of seeing Paul in concert is gone. I saw him in '89, '93 and '05. I don't know if I will ever see him again. He would have to have something totally different. I have seen him do 'Drive My Car', 'Hey Jude' and 'Let It Be' enough.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »

Todd would probably say retire.

Its getting close. Its sad when i'm more excited for his new ballet music than I am for a proper release.

The guy can still write, he just cant sing.

nimrod

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2012, 09:29:22 AM »

As for the new album and songs, check out the comments from people all over the world (not just some very limited Beatle related site) on Youtube, you will vey plainly see that your opinions are the ones that are in the vast minority!!

its strange how on a Beatle forum most people think its mediocre, I do get the feeling though maccafan (its all in the name) that you love everything Paul does

Not that Im saying theres anything wrong with that, but you may be a tad biast

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2012, 03:50:19 PM »

Most people are Beatle fans, and I am too, but I'm even more of a Paul McCartney fan, in fact McCartney is the reason I'm a Beatle fan.

Nimrod, you would be totally wrong, if you think I like everything McCartney does!  One major thing I don't like is his concert setlist, it's been too Beatle heavy since the early 90s!!

I just posted earlier that I think McCartney II (except for maybe three songs) most of Pipes Of Peace and that Fireman stuff is the absolute worse music McCartney has ever made!  There are plenty of songs on his albums that I can't stand, for instance...

However Absurd
From A Lover To A Friend
English Tea
You Gave Me The Answer
Dance Tonight
These are just a few that I absolutely can't stand!  I'm also not into most of the classical stuff, so no I don't like every single thing McCartney does!

I am into this new album though, I can already picture myself relaxing in the afternoon and listening to this vey jazzy, silky smooth music from McCartney.

The music scene has changed, but Paul McCartney hasn't he still writes absolutely fantastic music and he is still producing great albums.  Along with this new one, I'm also looking forward to his new rock album that is scheduled to come out later this year!

I don't have a problem with McCartneys versatility, I don't exspect the man to just rock and nothing else, anyone that has followed McCartney entire career knows that the man can and will switch it up at the drop of a hat.

Some I like, and some I don't like, that's the thrill of McCartneys music, there's something in his material for everyone!!

To say that McCartney can't sing is totally ridiculous, the man stands on stage night after night for three hours and does nothing but sing his heart out, and he's covering rockers, ballads, piano tunes, etc, and the reviews are absolutely thru the roof, and the comments about his live singing voice, not his recorded voice that can be autotuned or whatever, but his live singing voice are also thru the roof positive!

Here's a comment from someone who just saw McCartney, I know it's just one person but I've read many similar comments from people who very recently attended McCartneys shows.  I got this from Youtube.

(Paul has not lost his voice! I saw him live three weeks ago, and he sang really, really well - both older and newer songs. Of course his voice has changed a bit with age, but his more mature voice gives an interesting edge to both older songs like "Long and winding road" and like on this new song. It's really emotional in a genuine way that no younger singers comes near...
Gamletedy97)

Don't get me wrong, yes the mans voice has changed, but to say that he can't sing is just ridiculous!!

« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 04:11:58 PM by maccafan »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Page created in 0.616 seconds with 80 queries.