Meet people from all over the World
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: 2 New Record by Paul next year  (Read 31159 times)

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
  • I'm a Moondog,,,,,are you?
Re: 2 New Record by Paul next year
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2012, 01:30:57 AM »

Tkitna, it won't matter to you what I post because you're going to slant it your way, so go right ahead, but the facts don't agree with you!

What facts? The fact that Youtube has some positive remarks about it because the people who watched it are McCartney fans? The facts that members of a Paul McCartney forum had positive things to say (shocking)? I dont know what facts your talking about. Did you receive some music critics pie chart or something about the song?

The only facts I see are that you are the only one going to bat for this song on a freaking Beatles forum. thats crazy. That should tell you how uninterested even Beatle fans are with it. I see that you and I were the only members to comment on it at CRF too. Nobody but diehard McCartney fans can stomach this and those are the facts.

Who said anything about McCartney turning on a new generation with his new music, I clearly posted that the vast majority of the young these days don't listen to classic rock which is McCartneys type music?  Many of your comments have your agenda behind them, but hey it's all good.

I mentioned it because its relevant to your argument about how many people love this song and buys his albums. His fan base is dwindling and I tried to explain to you about what people are buying his stuff, attending his shows, and even listening to his music. It all goes back to your comment about the 'VAST' majority of the world loving his stuff and saying how awesome he still is. The 'VAST' majority of the world hardly acknowledges his existence anymore.

I'm not getting sidetracked at all, I clearly said McCartney's demographic!

No you didnt. You fell back on it after you realized you were wrong by saying the vast majority of the world.

Once again I don't care who baught the reissues, and I don't care why, they baught them, the results are what counts!

You dont feel a bit bad that your favorite artist has to repackage and reissue his album several times over just to have it sell? If it was any good in the first place, this wouldnt be necessary.

If you truly believe that all those people on Youtube and that attend McCartneys concerts are all Beatle fans, then you're the one turning the blind eye!  Many of those people are going to his shows just because they've never seen him before and they just want the experience.  Many of them aren't even fans.

Why would somebody attend a show that has no interest in the musician or the music? Your not making sense. Your trying to convince me that a man sitting in his living room chair, that has absolutely no interest in the Beatles or Paul McCartneys music, is going to put on his shoes and plop down a couple hundred to go see Paul just because? Bullsh*t!

Talk about perplexing, I could say the very same about many of your comments!  You talk as if no one could possibly hear this music and just like it, they would only have to be a McCartney fan to do so, talk about hysterical.

Your the only one so far that I know that likes it. You need to realize that your the only person sticking up for him right now, even on a dedicated Beatle forum with diehard Paul McCartney fans (me being one of them)? The Beatle section on CRF has no responses for 'My Valentine' (except us) and zero responses in the thread about the actual album. Dont you find it strange and out of the ordinary that diehards on this site badmouth it and there is no participation at the other forum? Nobody is interested in it.

I don't have any stats, I go by the info I see, like the article I posted about his new album.

I guarantee you that I will be able to post more negative reviews of this album than positive once its released. Regardless, let me read this article again to see what he has to say.

God, McCartneys going to have a TV special for this album? How embarrassing. Here's a quick review i just found of the 'My Valentine'.
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mccartney-feat-eric-clapton-my-valentine-song-review/

Here's an honest snippet from the article-
“And I will love her, for life / And I will never let a day go by / Without remembering the reasons why / She makes me certain that I can fly,” McCartney sings later in the song. His divergence into jazz is refreshing at first, but after a few listens the cracks in his voice begin to become more clear. He is a brilliant songwriter, revolutionary bassist and a pop icon. He is not a vocalist of the same level of Bennett or Diana Krall (who, along with Stevie Wonder, will also appear on the album), and his vulnerabilities are exposed on this raw track.

How true.

Remember what you call garbage, is another mans treasure.  If you want to have low expectations that's your deal, me I look forward to every single McCartney release with very high expectations, if I don't like it oh well, it isn't the end of the world.  It's like McCartney himself once said, it's just music the world doesn't depend on it!

This is all true, but it also reminds me that the majority is sometimes right, as being the case with this new song.

nimrod

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2012, 02:01:04 AM »

His divergence into jazz is refreshing at first, but after a few listens the cracks in his voice begin to become more clear. He is a brilliant songwriter, revolutionary bassist and a pop icon. He is not a vocalist of the same level of Bennett or Diana Krall

this is what I was trying to say earlier when I mentioned him becoming a crooner

I love Paul for what he did with my favourite band but I get the feeling that its becoming a bit farcical now, one minute he's writing oratario's, (isnt an opera in the wings)  then R & R covers album, them pop, then some rock, now its Jazz  ???

His numerous live shows are turning into tribute band territory as its nearly all Beatle songs (best way to sell tickets, he wouldnt sell one third if he announced there would be no Beatle songs imo)

I remember this English comedy show where someone was playing George Martin, everytime someone asked him a question about whatever he would bend his answer to include a recording session with the Beatles, like say ' that reminds me of when we recorded Strawberry fields, John wanted an acoustic slow version........etc etc' then the camera would pan away giving the impression he would then go on for hours about it , it was actually quite funny...

Paul is in danger imo of being parodied in a similar way if he keeps doing all these things, especially the ones that he's not very good at - leave Jazz to the experts FFS..

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2012, 04:06:04 AM »

I just want to say that i'd like to hear the rest of the album before I put the hammer down, but i'm not expecting much. I have a feeling this records going to get crucified.

Gary910

• Getting Better
  • Beatles Collector
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2012, 10:14:56 PM »

1. I think McCartney's voice has changed. That is okay.

2. Listening to music is like drinking wine. It doesn't matter how expensive the wine is, if you like it, drink it and don't care what the critics/connoisseurs say. So, if you like current/newer McCartney listen to it and don't give a care what anyone else says.

3. McCartney attempts to be very diverse. One of the wonderful about being a McCartney fan. Better than some artists that write the same song over and over again. I appreciate all of McCartney's music knowing that he was trying to do something different. Some I appreciate and listen to more than other.

4. Music is probably one of the most subjective things on the planet.
And now you've changed your mind, I see no reason to change mine --Lennon/McCartney

KelMar

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 03:34:21 AM »

^^^
Well-put Gary!

nimrod

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2012, 09:13:30 AM »

1. I think McCartney's voice has changed. That is okay.

I think he's deliberately changed it for My Valentine, trying to be a crooner imo, I dont think its fine Gary

2. Listening to music is like drinking wine. It doesn't matter how expensive the wine is, if you like it, drink it and don't care what the critics/connoisseurs say. So, if you like current/newer McCartney listen to it and don't give a care what anyone else says.

Thats what Ive been trying to tell maccafan, what does it matter what me or Todd thinks ?

3. McCartney attempts to be very diverse. One of the wonderful about being a McCartney fan. Better than some artists that write the same song over and over again. I appreciate all of McCartney's music knowing that he was trying to do something different. Some I appreciate and listen to more than other.

Id like to like his stuff but I think its very very poor, ie The Fireman what is that all about ?

4. Music is probably one of the most subjective things on the planet.

All art is subjective but yes, music either speaks to you or it doesnt, you cant instruct someone to like something, you either like it or you dont..

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2012, 08:13:08 PM »

Tkitna, see what I mean you're slanting what I posted!

You say all those people who posted on Youtube are McCartney fans, exactly how do you know that?  Sure some of them maybe, but all, no freaking way!

Understand something, I don't care how many people on a Beatle site or any other site like it or don't like it, I just shared the fact that at this time,  I've seen way more positive than negative, and that is a fact!  Some of those sharing their opinion have already heard the entire album!

The vast majority of the world doesn't recoginze Paul McCartneys existence, I've seen it all with this statement!!  They only recognize him when he comes to town and sells out everywhere he goes!  His fan base is dwindling, yet at his concerts you have every generation, How totally ridiculous!

I didn't fall back on anything, anyone with common sense knows that there's no artist that captures the entire freaking world!  If I have to explain to you that I was talking about people who listen to McCartneys type music (and they may not be fans) then you'll never get it.

No it doesn't make me feel bad that McCartney offers his music in different formats, that's good business and companies do it all the time to sell their product.  What I notice is that people like it enough to buy the different formats.  Once again it's the results that count.  I don't get hung up with all that other nonsense.

Who said those people who attend his concerts had no interest in the man or his music, (that's your slant) they may have interest, but they are not really fans, they may not have ever baught his albums, or attended one of his concerts before, but they finally got a chance to go see him and they did.  I've read many and I do mean many reviews from people who fit this very category.

It doesn't surprise me at all that on a Beatle site, there aren't many comments, especially on CRF, they very rarely comment on McCartney anyway!  Also on Beatle sites McCartney is the one that gets bashed all the time anyway, so that's totally nothing new!

If you look over a wide spectrum which is what I do, here's what you find, here's what people are saying...

Kerouac fan, Paul does a Matt Monro - Great!!! His best since Yesterday, I think.
sugar.n.spices88  I loved it. Nice
John R Cassaboon Jr. Nicely done, Paul!
Balazsh Branyi, magnificantly romantic, very delicate music.
Moire Derrick, Looking forward to the new album this is a really mellow romantic tune
Susan Hymers Hawkins,  Beautiful song.
Chex. Wow!...Chart hit....Your voice hasn't aged...Thanx...
ZillaM, It is simply an elegant song this world needed at this time,Well done Sir Paul
dekd24, great song beautful loving song thanks
Bjjbike, It's a beautiful song. He takes your breath away.
Alberto Martinez, Sounds great, nice harmonic changes and melody and a composition by someone who knows a lot of XX century great songwriters. A new classic

These are just a very few of the comments I've seen about this new music!  So you can go on and on if you like, but the facts are at this time, there are more positive comments than bad!

Now of course the critics may bury this release when it comes out, but that will be nothing new either, because they've basically done that to Paul McCartney every since the Beatles broke up!!

Nimrod, it doesn't matter what you or Todd thinks, in fact it doesn't matter what I think, all I'm doing is sharing the facts of what I've seen since this song was released for people to hear, and the comments have been more positive than negative, nothing more, nothing less!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 08:18:58 PM by maccafan »

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2012, 09:05:21 PM »

Wait a minute, I just found some more...

Sean S. says, This song is so beautiful and emotionally touching. God Bless you Paul
EdSullivan says, Beautiful guitar, and Paul’s voice sounds better than I’ve heard him in at least a decade.
Gordon says, Not his greatest, but still a pretty good song. Yes, to be listened to at the end of a day with a glass of wine!
guitarist81lr Says: Wonderful With Clapton at the guitar, just two legends of music
ForeverTreesGreen Says: I quite like this song.
delldawn Says: this to me is the best for long time ,looks like you have found your songwriting skills again paul.
strumfellow Says: I heard this first time today i knew it wasnt mccartney on the guitar and had guessed it was clapton. All the same i think this could be a very big song
comedylaff Says: I think we have a new standard on our hands.
accordionreid Says: It is very relaxed but I love it!
MICKEYJOAN Says: Great tune Paul. Thank you.
debulus Says: Such a beautiful song Paul !! Thank you for creating music that I can still get tears in my eyes...like since I was 11!
MrMoviemaster26 Says: Very beautiful, relaxing song by the one & only. Paul is the greatest & he's still going & going strong too! For anyone who doubts this is clapton on guitar I can assure you it is as it Paul himself said this song was his collaboration with Clapton.

I keep coming across these comments from all kinds of people, are all of them McCartney fans, who knows, but the comments are for the most part very positive, and that's all I've been saying from the beginning!

I believe in being honest, so yes I have seen some negative comments as well, but I've seen way more positive than negative and once again that's all I've tried to share!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:07:09 PM by maccafan »

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2012, 09:28:23 PM »

Guys forgive me, but I keep coming across great stuff, here's some comments from the Steve Hoffman site.

The album is quite nice! Paul sings well, though most songs are rather muted and sung in a soft register. The backing sounds more like a jazz trio/quartet, with guitar, acoustic bass, drums and piano...again rather muted, but nice. Think of a sleepy jazz set at the close of a long nights' stand. My only quibble is that most of the songs tend to sound the same... there's not much in the way of upbeat tempo. However, this doesn't undermine the album much because there's an honesty about it. Strings are kept to a bare minimum, usually just as accents in the background. If you can imagine Tony Bennett with just his trio, or the Nat King Cole Trio you'll get it. It has little in common with Rod's trove of American Standards.

Dr. Pepper - I think these three tracks will make a nice center to the album, with My Valentine and Always complimenting each other beautifully from what I've heard.

7. Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive
8. My Valentine
9. Always

Then there is track "14. Only Our Hearts," this man seems to be able to write and sing quite a love song... Stevie Wonder on harmonica... a joy... perfect album closer, and it's nice to hear him flip back into the "McCartney" love song voice we are used to for the last track. It's like Paul saying, "but wait I haven't forgotten about you, the fans, I was just taking a little side journey, here is one designed just for you with a little schmaltz thrown in for good measure. Bet you can't wait until my next album..."

Ron - Most of the vocals sound like they were recorded in one or two sessions. The last 3 songs sound different. The hushed delivery is gone and Paul sings them wonderfully. Very youthful indeed (if I say so myself). The only song I don't really care for is Inchworm. Never liked the song much and the childlike backing refrain of "2 and 2 are four.... 16 and 16 are 32" is very cloying. Only Our Hearts is excellent... in my mind a better "song" than Valentine. Give this album a chance folks. It really is nothing like Rod's American Standards releases.

Very interesting.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2012, 03:58:06 AM »

Tkitna, see what I mean you're slanting what I posted!

By offereing a different opinion than yours?

You say all those people who posted on Youtube are McCartney fans, exactly how do you know that?  Sure some of them maybe, but all, no freaking way!

So your trying to tell me that people just randomly came across the song and listened to it? Seriously? Is that what your saying? Please explain, because I need to hear it from you how some of these people that are strangers to Pauls music just decided to comment favorably on one of his worst songs after choosing to listen to it instead RADOMLY when theres a billion other songs on Youtube.

Understand something, I don't care how many people on a Beatle site or any other site like it or don't like it, I just shared the fact that at this time,  I've seen way more positive than negative, and that is a fact!  Some of those sharing their opinion have already heard the entire album!

Still seems weird to me that an already biased bunch of people arent saying anything favorably about it here. I realize this is only one site and its the first or second match on Google when you look for Beatle forums, but maybe we dont know anything about Paul or music in general. Where do you go for all these positive reviews except for Youtube?

The vast majority of the world doesn't recoginze Paul McCartneys existence, I've seen it all with this statement!!  They only recognize him when he comes to town and sells out everywhere he goes!  His fan base is dwindling, yet at his concerts you have every generation, How totally ridiculous!

So your saying that Paul is still hip and turning on the younger generation of music fans? Here's a clue, the concerts are sold out because his fans go to the shows (repeatedly I might add. I've been to 6 of them myself) and 99% of the younger generation are either there due to their parents taking them or their parents turning them onto the Beatles.

His fanbase is dwindling because a lot of his fans are starting to die. Thats a fact. Tell me how he's selling in another 20 or even 10 years.

I didn't fall back on anything, anyone with common sense knows that there's no artist that captures the entire freaking world!  If I have to explain to you that I was talking about people who listen to McCartneys type music (and they may not be fans) then you'll never get it.

Sorry for your poor choice of words then.

No it doesn't make me feel bad that McCartney offers his music in different formats, that's good business and companies do it all the time to sell their product.

Out of desperation for a poor selling product.

What I notice is that people like it enough to buy the different formats.  Once again it's the results that count.  I don't get hung up with all that other nonsense.

Like I said before, people are stupid and we all fall into that category. He offers three or four extra sh*tty bonus tracks and people like myself have to own them incase one of them turns out to be a hidden gem which they never do. Hey it works so God bless him, but dont deny the fact that the original product sucked enough that he had to go to those extremes in the first place.

Who said those people who attend his concerts had no interest in the man or his music, (that's your slant) they may have interest, but they are not really fans, they may not have ever baught his albums, or attended one of his concerts before, but they finally got a chance to go see him and they did.

Why would anybody do that? I'd almost bet my last dollar that you cant give me a close to decent answer.

I've read many and I do mean many reviews from people who fit this very category.

Where are these reviews from people stating that they arent McCartney fans but felt compelled to spend a bunch of money to see a guy they dont like in the first place? I'm interested in reading these reviews.

It doesn't surprise me at all that on a Beatle site, there aren't many comments, especially on CRF, they very rarely comment on McCartney anyway!

Hmmm, there was plenty of comments and reviews when 'Chaos' came out. Want know why,,,,because it was good. Hardly anything was said about 'Memory Almost Full' and this new record. Yeah, i'm not surprised either.

Also on Beatle sites McCartney is the one that gets bashed all the time anyway, so that's totally nothing new!

Gee, I wonder why that is? Can you tell me?

If you look over a wide spectrum which is what I do, here's what you find, here's what people are saying...

Kerouac fan, Paul does a Matt Monro - Great!!! His best since Yesterday, I think.
sugar.n.spices88  I loved it. Nice
John R Cassaboon Jr. Nicely done, Paul!
Balazsh Branyi, magnificantly romantic, very delicate music.
Moire Derrick, Looking forward to the new album this is a really mellow romantic tune
Susan Hymers Hawkins,  Beautiful song.
Chex. Wow!...Chart hit....Your voice hasn't aged...Thanx...
ZillaM, It is simply an elegant song this world needed at this time,Well done Sir Paul
dekd24, great song beautful loving song thanks
Bjjbike, It's a beautiful song. He takes your breath away.
Alberto Martinez, Sounds great, nice harmonic changes and melody and a composition by someone who knows a lot of XX century great songwriters. A new classic

These are just a very few of the comments I've seen about this new music!  So you can go on and on if you like, but the facts are at this time, there are more positive comments than bad!

Thanks for taking the time to weed the reviews to only include the positive. Brilliant move.

Now of course the critics may bury this release when it comes out, but that will be nothing new either, because they've basically done that to Paul McCartney every since the Beatles broke up!!

Yeah, i'm pretty sure they will.

nimrod

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2012, 04:17:43 AM »

Who said those people who attend his concerts had no interest in the man or his music, (that's your slant) they may have interest, but they are not really fans, they may not have ever baught his albums, or attended one of his concerts before, but they finally got a chance to go see him and they did.  I've read many and I do mean many reviews from people who fit this very category.

Paul sells out all his concerts Maccafan BECAUSE most of the stuff he plays is Beatles music, I repeat if he announced there would be no Beatle songs do you think he would sell out stadiums ?

If I went to see paul (and I would if he ever came to Brisbane) Id want ALL Beatle songs, like most people my age group its all about nostalgia, Im not interested in his solo albums which were all decidedly average IMO (but so were the other 3 ex Beatles as well so Im not singling out Paul here)

I loved Paul as a Beatle, I truly think he was made to be a serious artist when he was in the Beatles and maybe the competition with John meant he worked harder to write great songs, his music since then has been average and sometimes just plain silly, I suppose we had a glimpse of things to come with Maxwells Silver Bloody hammer  ha2ha

Having said all that I have no problem whatsoever in people being fans of his solo stuff, good on yer  ;) but please accept that not all of us like it and posting a ton of comments from you-tube doesnt make a blind bit of difference.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »

Understand something, I don't care how many people on a Beatle site or any other site like it or don't like it, I just shared the fact that at this time,  I've seen way more positive than negative, and that is a fact!

Isn't that logical? People who look up Paul McCartney videos and take the time to comment on then are usually fans, and not people who don't like, don't know or don't care about Paul McCartney. So you don't get a lot of negative comments. Makes sense.

Most videos you'll find on YouTube have more positive than negative comments. That doesn't mean that most YouTube videos are liked by the majority of all people.

Hello Goodbye

• Global Moderator
  • At The Top Of The Stairs
« Reply #72 on: January 16, 2012, 03:36:22 AM »

I loved Paul as a Beatle, I truly think he was made to be a serious artist when he was in the Beatles and maybe the competition with John meant he worked harder to write great songs, his music since then has been average and sometimes just plain silly, I suppose we had a glimpse of things to come with Maxwells Silver Bloody hammer  ha2ha

Wait!  I like Maxwell's Silver Hammer!  That was Paul's Mack The Knife.    ;D 
I can stay till it's time to go

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2012, 07:39:39 PM »

You guys just don't want to admit that people could possibly like this new music, but hey as I've said before, it's all good!

Tkitna, I said that I had seen a few negative comments, but there's way more positive, so there's no brilliant move involved, it's just sharing the facts!

For your info, not a single one of those comments I posted came from Youtube, a mass assumption on your part, I got them from different sites!

But for your pleasure here are some from Youtube.

frankievification - Absolutely beautiful.McCartney is back again.Love it Sir Paul!
horseridingdoglover - Doing what he does best with such a beautifully simple, yet classy production. Thank you.
rimmer4921 - Very Film Noir.
JTRMusicPlace -  This is great! I'm pretty sure Eric Clapton's playing lead on it. That makes it just that much better!
lizardking2107 - the song is very very beautiful
3890015420 - Lovely!
delgriffithification - Best song he's done in years. Beautiful.
phildevitt - Paul may be old, but he's more badass than ever. I saw him at Yankee Stadium in July. If there was a roof on the place, he would have blown it to smithereens. Just because he shows a different side of himself doesn't mean he's lost it or is too old. If anything, the man is entitled to write and record anything he wishes. His catalog of hits speaks for itself.
accordionreid - The song is more beautiful than anything I know.

I could keep going, now once again are every single one of these comments from a McCartney fan, who knows, but the positive surely outweighs the negative!

So think what you like, say what you like, but the fact is that at this time whoever these people are McCartney fans or not, their comments are positive!!

You can say all you want that McCartney's music since the Beatles isn't any good, but that is so ridiculous that I can't even begin to comment on such an insane statement!

All the grammies he's won since the Beatles, Wings breaking and setting world records, all the #1 hits and albums, to say McCartney hasn't done good music since the Beatles let's me know exactly what some of your mindsets are!

Wings were the second most successful group in the entire era of the 70s, the only group that had slightly more success was the Bee Gees!!

I see it's absolutely no use in trying to have a conversation with some of you, so go ahead and think whatever you like, as totally wrong as it may be!!

Memory Almost Full went Platinum, something Chaos still hasn't done!!

Nimrod, I'm sure those comments I posted don't make a difference to you simply because you don't want them to, but they speak for themselves.  Again not a one of them came from Youtube.

I've seen plenty and I do mean Plenty of people say that they would absolutely love for McCartney to do some shows totally dedicated to his post Beatles career, and yes it would sell out because he's freaking Paul McCartney, all those albums went #1 for a reason, people all over the freaking world liked them!!

Joost the music may not be liked by the majority of all people, but it is liked by the people that take the time to check it out, and all of them may not be fans but just people who heard he has a new song out and just want to check it out, why is that so hard to comprehend?  Many of them even say that they aren't really fans.

Tkitna, I forgot to answer your question as to why McCartney is the one always bashed on Beatle sites.

It's because most people have baught into the preconceived notions about McCartney, you know the ones, he doesn't rock, his lyrics aren't any good, his music is soft, he can't write anymore, his voice is gone, all that total and complete nonsense!  They fell into the herd mentality of the critics at the time, they believed the false hype, they drank the kool-aid of lies, they got hung up on his ego, his personal life, etc, things that have absolutely nothing to do with the quality of his music, but they let that cloud their judgement, I think that pretty much covers it!

But notice when they really take the time to really listen, thier opinions have changed.  Ram an album that was absolutely crucified when it first came out, is now considered by many as one of McCartneys very best.  I knew that when it first came out, so I was never ever one who jumped on the bash everything McCartney does bandwagon!! 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 08:33:43 PM by maccafan »

nimrod

« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2012, 01:52:53 AM »

I see it's absolutely no use in trying to have a conversation with some of you, so go ahead and think whatever you like, as totally wrong as it may be!!

???

all I can do is re-iterate my previous comment

Having said all that I have no problem whatsoever in people being fans of his solo stuff, good on yer   but please accept that not all of us like it and posting a ton of comments from you-tube doesnt make a blind bit of difference.

Im not sure what you want us to say maccafan, do you want me to lie and say I love his solo stuff?

as before I have no doubt that millions love it, but not me, Im sorry if that offends you but thats the way it is

btw Ive looked around the internet at the top all time bands based on sales etc and Wings doesnt rate very highly in these ratings, on this site theyre not even in the top 50;

http://classicrock.about.com/od/recommendationsandreviews/a/top100_bands.htm

not that I take much notice of these things, I mean Kylie Minouge has sold bazillions of records, so has madonna and wacko jacko, I still like none of them..

Overall though, you seem to be taking us not liking My Valentine personally, I dont get that, its not personal at all, you seem to be trying very hard to persuade us that its good....thats not going to happen in my case, you may have some luck with tkitna though as he IS a solo macca fan.  ;D

I just liked Beatle Pauls music
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:38:05 AM by nimrod »

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2012, 02:03:06 AM »

Tkitna, I said that I had seen a few negative comments, but there's way more positive, so there's no brilliant move involved, it's just sharing the facts!

The one fact that you seem to forget is that the positive comments are comming from Paul McCartney fans. The same fans that wouldnt bother to post a negative comment if it was degrading their idol. Why cant you understand that? Of course theres going to be more positive comments from Paul fans. Wait till the album comes out and we'll see how the reviews are.

For your info, not a single one of those comments I posted came from Youtube, a mass assumption on your part, I got them from different sites!

Congratulations for being a regular old sleuth.

I could keep going, now once again are every single one of these comments from a McCartney fan, who knows, but the positive surely outweighs the negative!

We all know. Of course they are McCartney fans.

So think what you like, say what you like, but the fact is that at this time whoever these people are McCartney fans or not, their comments are positive!!

Oh my God. Your right, they couldnt possibly be McCartney fans with comments like those.

You can say all you want that McCartney's music since the Beatles isn't any good, but that is so ridiculous that I can't even begin to comment on such an insane statement!

Who said that his solo music isnt any good? I love a ton of it. Most of it probably.

All the grammies he's won since the Beatles, Wings breaking and setting world records, all the #1 hits and albums, to say McCartney hasn't done good music since the Beatles let's me know exactly what some of your mindsets are!

I never said that and if your referring to Nimrod, I think he said he prefers the Beatle music and doesnt care for his solo stuff. Not that it wasnt any good.

Wings were the second most successful group in the entire era of the 70s, the only group that had slightly more success was the Bee Gees!!

Who cares.

Memory Almost Full went Platinum, something Chaos still hasn't done!!

How many different packages has 'Chaos' been offered in? See, that wasnt hard now was it?

I've seen plenty and I do mean Plenty of people say that they would absolutely love for McCartney to do some shows totally dedicated to his post Beatles career,

I would be one of them.

and yes it would sell out because he's freaking Paul McCartney, all those albums went #1 for a reason, people all over the freaking world liked them!!

I seriously doubt it. The new generation hardly gets into Pauls solo stuff. They get up and take a p*ss when he plays something from a solo album. They dont know the songs unless they were the major hits.

Tkitna, I forgot to answer your question as to why McCartney is the one always bashed on Beatle sites.

It's because most people have bought into the preconceived notions about McCartney, you know the ones, he doesn't rock, his lyrics aren't any good, his music is soft, he can't write anymore, his voice is gone, all that total and complete nonsense!  They fell into the herd mentality of the critics at the time, they believed the false hype, they drank the kool-aid of lies, they got hung up on his ego, his personal life, etc, things that have absolutely nothing to do with the quality of his music, but they let that cloud their judgement, I think that pretty much covers it!

People buy into it because Paul brings it on himself. He's been a pain in the ass for years and some people have the balls to call him on it.

tkitna

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2012, 02:18:20 AM »

just for sh*ts and giggles, I found some reviews for 'My Valentine' too.

Nice, instead of avoiding a new Paul Mccartney song and a new Eric Clapton song, I only have to avoid one song.

boredom... sorry paul

Paul's vocals at his peak in the '70's was far better than Tony Bennett and Dana Krall's peaks, but time has taken it's toll on his voice today, it's much weaker. The only plus thing is that his weakened voice adds some vulnerability to this type of song.

Oh give me a break....anything to keep him in the headlines

Paul could sing the phonebook and his fans would love it! (Love this honesty)

I've been a massive fan since the start - great song from Paul but, sorry, I just don't enjoy his vocals anymore,

Sounds like a very true Paul song, I like it, but the voice is showing his age. Keep rocking Sir Paul.

i`m sad not really something new :-( I want again a Nr. 1 hit. The song sound like hundert other Macca Songs. Not really a Christmas-gift.

See how easy it is to pick out what you want to post? I could have gone on, but it gets boring after awhile.

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2012, 09:06:49 AM »

You guys just don't want to admit that people could possibly like this new music
That's absolutely not true. I never said anything like that.

Joost the music may not be liked by the majority of all people
Wasn't this whole discussion about you saying that it was a fact that the majority of all people liked it?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 09:51:33 AM by Joost »

maccafan

• A Beginning
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2012, 04:30:10 PM »

No Joost it wasn't, I was talking about people who listen to this type music.

Tkitna, just like I'll never convince you, you'll neve convince me that every single one of the people with positive comments are all McCartney fans, some of them just like the song.

Nimrod did say that McCartneys post Beatles music isn't any good, what do you think the statement it's average and some of it's just plain silly means, it sure isn't good!

Tkitna you believe the myth that people leave when McCartney performs something from his solo albums?  Crowds have been loving the post Beatle gems McCartney has been performing.  Songs like Venus and Mars/Rockshow, Ms. Vandebilt, 1985, Letting Go, Ram On, That Was Me, House of Wax, and Juniors Farm have been definite crowd pleasers.  Check out Youtube, see for yourself.  Doesn't look like anyone was leaving.

Nimrod I esxpect you to stand behind your opinion, just like I stand behind mine.  You, Tkitna and I will just agree to disagree.

I love McCartneys post Beatles music, no every single note isn't Earth shattering, but just like the comments for My Valentine, there's way way way more good than bad!

Here's a review of Memory Almost Full that I totally agree with.

Paul McCartney - Memory Almost Full
By Dave White, About.com Guide

Macca's Back (and going where he's never been before)
There are other artists of the same era who seem content to live out the rest of their musical days with their back catalogs and covers of other artists.
And then there's Paul McCartney. It seems that the longer he goes, the more daring he gets -- experimenting, reaching, challenging himself.

Memory Almost Full is full of surprises. Although some similarities are inevitable, it isn't like anything The Beatles or Wings ever did, and it may well be the best solo album he has even done.

He's All Over the Place
We've been expecting something of an autobiographical retrospective with this album, and, in fact, the six song medley that makes up the second half of the CD is just that. But there is such diversity of lyrical themes, music styles and vocal range throughout the album, you almost forget that Macca is almost 65 and has earned the right to reminisce a bit.
Talk about surprises. "Only Mama Knows" starts with lush strings then erupts into some of the hardest electric guitar rock McCartney has ever recorded.

"Mr. Bellamy" is quirky and funny, and leaves you wondering whether it's an eccentric man or a stubborn cat who is refusing to come down from a tree. The fact that you aren't sure just adds to the fun.

If you want it to, "Gratitude" could either be yet another ode to McCartney's late wife, Linda or an up-tempo gospel song.

"Vintage Clothes" leads off the retrospective medley, but opens with the cautionary lines, 'Don't live in the past, don't hold on to something that's changing fast.'

If you doubt that McCartney is one of the greatest songwriters, living or dead, listen to "The End of The End." On the day that I die I'd like jokes to be told, and stories of old to be rolled out like carpets that children have played on and laid on while listening to stories of old ...

Bottom Line
Lyrically and musically this album is as good as anything McCartney has ever done. In fact, he had started work on it before he recorded Chaos and Creation in the Backyard in 2005. Although, as on that album, McCartney handles a lot of the instruments himself, this time around he also taps his talented tour band: Abe Laboreal, Jr. on drums, Rusty Anderson on guitar, Brian Ray on bass, and Wix Wickens on keyboards.
Whereas Chaos and Creation was heavily influenced by producer Nigel Godrich, Memory Almost Full is heavily influenced by Paul McCartney. The result is a much more personal and more natural sounding album than the previous one.

What can I say? Get it, listen to it, enjoy it, and appreciate the artistry of a gifted musician and lyricist who is clearly still in his prime.

In the United States, Memory Almost Full debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200 with about 161,000 copies sold, making it McCartney's highest-charting album there since 1997's Flaming Pie.[25] It was ranked at #90 on the top-100 of the Billboard Year-end chart, becoming his first non-compilation album which entered there since 1983. While it was announced that copies of the album sold in the Starbucks coffee shops in the U.K. would not be counted by the Official UK Charts, because they are not registered in the copies counting system, Memory Almost Full still managed to hit #5 on the UK Album Charts.

On the article that Concord Music Group posted on their official site in February 2007 (a month before Memory Almost Full was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America), Hear Music announced that shipments of the album reached a platinum status in the US.

All of this before any reissues!

Joost

• That Means a Lot
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2012, 07:53:42 PM »

I really don't get why it's so important to you to prove that Paul McCartney's new music is still popular. A lot of music that I listen to is not very popular, some of my favorite albums sold just a few thousand copies. Of course I would like everyone to hear the beauty that I hear in my favorite music, but if people can't appreciate it like I do, well... So what? That's their loss, really. It doesn't change anything about what I hear.

So we all listened to the same song, you got something out of it and Tkitna and I didn't. Seems to me that in this case you're the lucky one. :)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Page created in 1.089 seconds with 78 queries.